Have a question about Reds history.

upnorthfan
Banned User
And1: 16

Have a question about Reds history. 

Post#1 » by upnorthfan » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:34 am

Hi fella's, Say, I am in a debate and need your help. I say not only was Dave Parker nicknamed The Cobra, but Ken Griffey SR was as well. Am I right about Griffey?

I am sure I remember Kurt Cowdy and Tony Kubeck call him the Cobra. If have a link to help me verify it that would be helpful. I appreciate your time :) All answers are welcome, even if to say I am wrong.

Good luck this year.

Thanks.
boneys2010
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Have a question about Reds history. 

Post#2 » by boneys2010 » Tue Mar 2, 2010 5:40 pm

upnorthfan wrote:Hi fella's, Say, I am in a debate and need your help. I say not only was Dave Parker nicknamed The Cobra, but Ken Griffey SR was as well. Am I right about Griffey?

I am sure I remember Kurt Cowdy and Tony Kubeck call him the Cobra. If have a link to help me verify it that would be helpful. I appreciate your time :) All answers are welcome, even if to say I am wrong.

Good luck this year.

Thanks.

As a kid growing p in the Seventies I was a BIG fan of those great Reds teams back then.I honestly don't remember Griffey SR,having a nickname at all.I even looked into it on the web and coukdnt find anything.I could easily be wrong.Sr was a terrific player back in the day.Kinda a forgotten part of those teams.Along with Ceasar Geronimo,who was a tremendous Center Feilder.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Re: Have a question about Reds history. 

Post#3 » by el loco » Sat Mar 6, 2010 4:23 pm

I used to watch him play a lot and I don't recall Sr. ever being called the Cobra, so I don't think he was.

Return to Cincinnati Reds