ImageImageImageImage

Trade with the Giants?

edney2polynice_
Senior
And1: 0

Trade with the Giants? 

Post#1 » by edney2polynice_ » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:50 am

Would the Indians be interested in any of these players for a playoff push?

Matt Morris, a legit #2 starter.

Ray Durham, a 2nd baseman with good defense & pop.

Randy Winn, A OF who can play all 3 OF positions well. He's a good contact hitter, has decent speed, and gets on base well.

Ryan Klesko, he's hitting very well for us -- don't think he'd be cracking your starting lineup, but could be a great fill-in starter and pitch-hitter.

We'd be interested in Westbrook and Garko.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#2 » by LoveThemCavs » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:41 pm

I think if the Indians are to make trades for a playoff push. They would do two things. Bullpen and a power bat in one of the corner OF spots. Other than that, there is no reason to shake up this team. Of the players you mention though, I wouldn't mind getting Morris here. Durham and Klesko definately not. I've always liked Winn, but I don't think he's what we need here. Garko is one of our best hitters and our first baseman of the future. I'm against trading him and I doubt the Indians would be willing to part with him. Westbrook can be had and I'm sure we'd listen to offers.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#3 » by B Mac » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:29 pm

Yup LTC nailed it. We need a corner outfield power hitter, preferably a right handed hitter. Also we need bullpen help. Other than that I dont really see a need to make any other significant trades. I guess we could bring in another starter because you cant ever have enough of that, but its definately not a pressing need.

Garko isnt untouchable but it would take a heck of a deal to get him, and Westbrook will be hard to get as well since he just locked into a long term deal.

As for the guys you mentioned on the block... None of those really fit the bill for what we're looking for. Possibly Morris, but it depends how our starters perform over the next few weeks. We would more than likely be looking to trade prospects in any trade we do make for the stretch run, I just dont see Garko or Westbrook being on the block.
vincanity1
Senior
And1: 1

Post#4 » by vincanity1 » Sat Jul 7, 2007 9:45 pm

I don't know much about baseball but if the Marlins were to offer Josh Willingham would the Indians trade Marte?
Thanks to NetsForce for the awesome sig
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#5 » by B Mac » Mon Jul 9, 2007 10:36 pm

I like Willingham, but we have more of a need for Marte in the future then we would need Willingham. With the emergence of Francisco and Frankie G, combine with Delucci, Michaels, Nixon, and then even Choo and Blake if needed, our OF position is pretty solid. Only way we would add a new OF would be if its a serious upgrade to a big name power hitter and Willingham isnt that guy.

Return to Cleveland Indians