ImageImageImageImage

How many wins for the Indians this year?

How many wins this year?

Total votes: 0

LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

How many wins for the Indians this year? 

Post#1 » by LoveThemCavs » Mon Apr 2, 2007 10:04 pm

Well what are the expectations you have on this team? Do we have enough in the bullpen? Your thoughts?
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#2 » by TheOUTLAW » Tue Apr 3, 2007 1:13 am

I guess 85-94 is the popular number since everyone has picked it so far. Frankly I never understood the nosedive last year (well other than the fact that they couldn't close a game to save their lives). hopefully that isn't an issue this year.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
kg2005
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#3 » by kg2005 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 6:21 pm

As a Twins fan, the team I was most worried about at the beginning of last year was the Indians. I don't know what went wrong.

As a Twins fan, the team I am most worried about at the beginning of this year is the Indians.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#4 » by LoveThemCavs » Tue Apr 3, 2007 10:28 pm

It looks like we all are in the same boat so far with the votes. I should have spread the numbers out a little tighter. I still figured we'd have a few over the top optimists(95+ wins) and a few the sky is falling posters. I guess we need a few more members to get there. Last year was a total shock, almost as shocking as the year before when the Tribe fell just short of the playoffs in the last week. As long as the bullpen doesn't screw us again, I expect 90 wins.
beater97
Starter
And1: 2

Post#5 » by beater97 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 11:10 pm

I'm thinking around 90, With a playoff birth. I couldn't believe they didn't play better last year. Before last year my friend and I got in an argument about how the Indians were going to do that year and I was very wrong. But this year has got to be different.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#6 » by Icness » Wed Apr 4, 2007 8:17 pm

94 wins and the Central title, back where it was on permanent residence in the 90s.
I think Sowers is the key; if he usurps Cliff Lee in the rotation the SP is as good as any, so long as CC remains on track.

The bullpen doesn't scare me as much, in part because of the improved defense but also because I think Wedgie learned how to manage a pitching staff a little better last season. Instead of pulling a RP that was getting guys out for a matchup, I think he figured out to stay with the hot arm, matchups be darned. At least I hope he learned that!

Return to Cleveland Indians