RF- Abreu
3B- Rodriguez
DH- Giambi
C- Posada
2B- Cano
LF- Cabrera
1B- Mientkiewicz

Tuesday Pitching Matchup
Jake Westbrook, RHP (0-1, 7.36) vs Chase Wright, LHP (0-0, -.--)
Wednesday
Jeremy Sowers, LHP (0-0, 2.08) vs Kei Igawa, LHP (0-0, 7.84)
Thursday
Fausto Carmona, RHP (0-1, 12.46) vs Darrell Rasner, RHP (0-1, 4.66)
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#2 » by L&H_05 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:06 pm

I've been too Yankee Stadium probably at least 25 times... I love that place...

Here's hoping for a couple Pronk and Grady blasts over the short porch...
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#3 » by B Mac » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:03 pm

Really? Ive been there and absolutely hate it. Not only is it dirty, old, falling apart, and rat infested, but it also has one giant speaker in CF and there are only a few places around the stadium where you can hear the announcer say who is coming up to bat. No scoreboards will tell you who is up to bat, only the one in CF that tells you the score. The WORST part about that stadium though is the absolute stench that lingers throughout the air. Combine burning tires, raw sewage, and decaying rat carcasses and that comes close to starting to describe how bad that place smells. I dont see how anyone can say that place is nice. Just not a fan at all.

Oh and the beers are 9 bucks a pop.

Isnt Victor supposed to be back tonight? I look for some high scoring games in this series.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#4 » by LoveThemCavs » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:39 pm

B Mac wrote:
Isnt Victor supposed to be back tonight? I look for some high scoring games in this series.

VMart is available to hit from all I've heard, but I doubt he's ready to catch. Wedge has planned on putting Hafner at first base and letting VMart DH sometimes. The worst part about this whole situation is it takes the bat out of Garko's hands. Other than Sizemore, Garko has the hot bat in our lineup. The Yanks are throwing a rookie in the fire tonight. He's been in their organization for 7 years and before tonight has never pitched above AA. Usually when the Indians face a rook pitcher, they demolish him or can't touch him. There seems to be no middle ground. From all I hear Chase Wright's out pitch is his changeup.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by B Mac » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:22 pm

Apr 16 Martinez (quadriceps) was held out of Sunday's game due to the cold weather but figures to get the start at catcher on Tuesday according to the Akron Beacon Journal.

Recommendation: ``I plan to have him catch on Tuesday," said manager Eric Wedge. While it's a bit of a surprise to see him resume his catching duties in his first game back, hopefully you took our advice and got him back into your lineup for this week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6853/news
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#6 » by LoveThemCavs » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:38 pm

Thanks for the update BMac, I'll fix the lineup. I hope Vic is ready for it, we've definately missed his bat. Shoppach though did a solid job in his absence behind the plate.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#7 » by LoveThemCavs » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:35 pm

This game has all the makings of a slugfest. The ump behind the dish has a tight zone and Jake can't buy a strike. Westbrook is already nearing 30 pitches.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#8 » by LoveThemCavs » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:09 am

Well lets hope they don't pull a 19-1 or 22-0 type game on us like we did to them a few years ago. Jake got flat out rocked.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#9 » by LoveThemCavs » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:49 pm

Well that was pretty lousy. First two games, Yanks destroyed us. This game, well they showed why they have the highest payroll every year. They bought another win today. As crappy as this feels, I feel good for ARod. NY doesn't deserve him. He's always been a great player and they just now start to show him the love. Victor looked pretty stunned in the dugout after this one, hopefully the guys let this one go soon. Time to regroup and get ready for the next series. Had to know Borowski would throw a win away soon the way he pitches games.
Teen Girl Squad
Head Coach
And1: 2,992

Post#10 » by Teen Girl Squad » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:37 pm

LoveThemCavs wrote:I feel good for ARod. NY doesn't deserve him. He's always been a great player and they just now start to show him the love.

QFT.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by B Mac » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:50 pm

Watched the first 8 innings of this game then got in my car and listened to the last on the radio. I definately let a few choice words fly as that ninth went on. Worst part about it was I saw a guy with a Yankees sticker on his career fist pumping after the game. Hamilton's call of ARod's homerun made it sound like an Indian had just hit it. I havent heard him get that into a call in a while, and thats saying something with Hammy. Time to get the hell out of New York.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#12 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:51 pm

The indians have an inferiority complex regarding the Yankees. they just just seem to feel like they can beat them.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!

Return to Cleveland Indians