LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

April 27-29, Baltimore Orioles series 

Post#1 » by LoveThemCavs » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:50 am

Image at Image

Where: Image

Dimensions: Image

The Orioles activated catcher Ramon Hernandez yesterday against the Red Sox. They have a pretty solid lineup up front. Similiar to the Rangers series. I expect a high scoring type of three game set. The Orioles are on a four game losing skid from the hands of Oakland and Boston. The Tribe on the other hand has ran off 5 wins in a row. Like always, the bullpen will be the key. Lets win another series Tribe!

Friday, April 27
Steve Trachsel, RHP (1-1, 4.37) vs. Jake Westbrook, RHP (0-2, 9.15)

Scouting Report:
Orioles: Trachsel worked into the sixth inning and was the recipient of strong run support in his last start, which turned out to be his first win as an Oriole. The right-hander has worked into the sixth inning in three of his four starts and has only allowed two home runs. Trachsel has started against Cleveland five times in his career, and he's racked up a 2-3 record with a 7.01 ERA. Trachsel has an ERA over 7.00 against three other teams.

Indians: Westbrook was back to his old self on Sunday, pounding the zone and sprinkling in devastating changes on both righties and lefties. He succeeded in keeping the game close by allowing two runs over the first seven innings so that the Indians could pounce on Tampa Bay's bullpen. The result was a no-decision, but the righty shaved nearly four points off of his ERA after limiting Tampa Bay to three earned runs over seven-plus innings. Westbrook walked two, fanned three and allowed four hits in the contest, and said afterward that he felt "definitely a lot better than last time."

Saturday, April 28
Erik Bedard, LHP (3-2, 6.11) vs. Jeremy Sowers, LHP (0-1, 4.76)

Scouting Report:
Orioles: Bedard has struggled to find his best form this year, but he's still been able to win three of his first five starts. The southpaw got knocked out in the fifth inning of his last outing, a 6-5 loss to the Oakland Athletics. Bedard has been very hittable this year, allowing 34 hits in 28 innings. He has, however, maintained a decent difference in his strikeouts (31) and walks (11). Bedard has allowed at least four runs in three of his five starts.

Indians: One of Sowers' greatest strengths is his ability to make adjustments within a game, but it was the Twins who made the in-game adjustment on Monday in Minnesota. Sowers held the Twins scoreless for six solid innings before letting them erupt for three runs to tie the game in the seventh. He came away with a no-decision after allowing those three runs on nine hits with a walk and two strikeouts in seven innings. He made one start against the O's last season, giving up seven runs in just 3 2/3 innings.

Sunday, April 29
Jaret Wright, RHP (0-2, 6.14) vs. Fausto Carmona, RHP (1-1, 5.00)

Scouting Report:
Orioles: Wright is expected to come off the disabled list to make this start, but if his sore right shoulder doesn't allow that, the O's would likely look to long reliever Jeremy Guthrie. Guthrie started the last time Wright's rotation turn came up and allowed just one earned run in five innings of work. Wright has made one Minor League rehab start.

Indians: Carmona waited a long, long time for the result of his last start Tuesday. He held the Twins to a pair of runs on six hits with two walks and two strikeouts and recorded his first big-league victory since April 15, 2006. On top of that, he outdueled two-time Cy Young Award-winner Johan Santana in the process. The key for Carmona was his sinking fastball, which he used to induce 14 groundouts. This will be his final start in place of Cliff Lee, who will return to the rotation later in the week. The Indians have not yet said whether Carmona will head to the bullpen or the Triple-A Buffalo rotation upon Lee's return.
ajb905
Rookie
And1: 310

Post#2 » by ajb905 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:07 pm

How long is Borowski going to last as closer? I think its safe to assume he'll have some save opps this weekend and if he keeps giving up runs...Wedge hand is going to be forced soon.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#3 » by B Mac » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:21 pm

Last I checked he was either leading the league in saves or tied for the league lead. Its a tough situation because he still is getting the job done more often than he isnt and as long as we are in first place it's something that we can live with, but we really cant afford to basically give games away this year like we did last year. I still think Shapiro is on the phone daily shopping for a new closer, however.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#4 » by LoveThemCavs » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:37 pm

I don't know if we'll give him the chance or not, but I like what I see from Cabrera. He looks like he has the stuff of a closer. He's been lights out in his limited action. Probably a little too early to hand that spot to a young guy though. Borowski will have the job for a little while longer atleast. As scary as he makes it look, he's still getting the end result most of the time.

Here's Cabrera's stats so far-
5 games, (1-0), 10.2 innings, 4 hits, 15 K, 3 BB, 0.00 ERA, 0.68 WHIP, .114 BAA
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#5 » by LoveThemCavs » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:13 am

Haven't seen one of those in a little while. Grady Sizemore with the 2 out 3-run inside the park home run. Man he was flying too. Tribe with the 5-run sixth inning. All came with two outs.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#6 » by L&H_05 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:14 am

That did not suck... :bowdown:
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#7 » by LoveThemCavs » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:47 am

Borowski was as good as he'll ever be tonight. Struck out the side to end it in a 1-run game. Alot of good things from this game. Barfield had a big hit right before Grady's inside the park HR. Betancourt did a excellent job coming in to stop the tying run from getting in from third. Also Jake pitched solid for the second straight game. Interestingly, the only guy that didn't have a good night was Hafner. Indians have won 6 games in a row now. Go Tribe!

Team R H E
Orioles 4 8 0
Indians 5 7 0

W- Westbrook(1-2)
L- Trachsel(1-2)
SV- Borowski(9)
mt dew
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#8 » by mt dew » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:19 am

It sucks to know Roberto Hernandez is one of the Indians' best 25 players. Including the major league roster and the entire farm system of Indians players, 25 guys aren't better than Roberto Hernandez.

This will probably cause the Indians to lose 10 extra games.

Nice pickup.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by B Mac » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:45 pm

Barfield is flashing some serious leather out there. Some of his plays ouy there have been fantastic. Grady's catch was also amazing. Carmona is having another great start. L&H I know how much you love this guy too. ;) Any kind words to say about him now?
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#10 » by L&H_05 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:29 pm

3 straight good starts...

Biggest difference IMO, he's setting up his opponent now.. Sequence that took me by surprise.. Back door breaking ball, fast ball on the outside, and then low and behold, instead of just trying to blow 'em away with high heat, Fausto throws an inside change up on the corner...

:eek:

Maturity ?? Pitching instead of throwing hard ??

Is it coming together ????
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by B Mac » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:18 am

We've still only lost 1 series this year. (knocks on wood) Those damn Yankees. Why are we the only team that cant beat them? lol Still if we've won every series but one thats great. Keep rolling fellas.
GreenDemon
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#12 » by GreenDemon » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:32 am

I am wondering what we do when Lee gets back from injury, who do we move to Buffalo?
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by B Mac » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:43 pm

^ As much as it sucks, Carmona.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#14 » by LoveThemCavs » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:08 pm

Lets just dump Hernandez and put Carmona in the bullpen.

Return to Cleveland Indians