ImageImageImageImage

Sabathia To Be Dealt If Cleveland Fades??? What a crock.

B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Sabathia To Be Dealt If Cleveland Fades??? What a crock. 

Post#1 » by B Mac » Tue May 1, 2007 3:39 pm

From the wiretap:

New York Post - The Indians are expected to deal C.C. Sabathia if they fall out of contention in the AL Central.

The club isn't expected to re-sign him.

http://www.realgmbaseball.com/src_wiret ... and_fades/

I hate the NY Post. They seriously make things up. So apparently we arent "expected" to re-sign him now. Dont these guys have any better stories to write and they have to make things up? New York can kiss my backside, dont they realize that not everyone wants to play there? :roll:
GreenDemon
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#2 » by GreenDemon » Tue May 1, 2007 6:57 pm

Hey I hate the crap the NY Post writes as much as the next guy but "IF" we did fall out of contention I wouldnt really be surprised to see CC get trade I mean look at the last time we traded our #1(Colon) that worked out pretty well didnt it and we would be getting something for him if we wouldnt resign him anyways. I am in no way say I want this to happen since I think the Inidans are going to do well this season but with the tight pockets that Dolan seems to have it is going to be hard to get both Hafner and CC this year.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#3 » by B Mac » Tue May 1, 2007 7:37 pm

This is nothing but the NY media making things up and thinking the world revolves around them. IF we trade him it will be to the highest bidder and even then it would more than likely be to the National league. The return for CC would be greater than the haul for Bartolo. They would have to start with Hughes and Cano and then throw in some more top prospects for us to even consider it. I guarentee we would get a deal like that from some other team if CC goes on the trading block.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#4 » by L&H_05 » Tue May 1, 2007 8:25 pm

Well, with Cy Fausto pitching like Pedro Martinez, I guess we need to make room for him...

We should be able to get a ton for CC...Which is ironic since we would be giving up a pitcher that weighs a ton.. bwhahahahahahahaha

8)
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#5 » by TheOUTLAW » Wed May 2, 2007 1:49 am

The Yankees need pitching so they are just trying to create dissension in the ranks. But it might get darned expensive to keep him as a free agent.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#6 » by TheOUTLAW » Wed May 2, 2007 1:50 am

I love it that the Indians bats seem to be starting to wake up. This is looking like it might be a darned good season.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!

Return to Cleveland Indians