And1: 143

May 8-10, LA Angels series 

Post#1 » by LoveThemCavs » Tue May 8, 2007 4:48 pm

Image(19-10) vs Image(17-15)

Angel Stadium of Anaheim

Dimensions: Image

Pitching Matchups
Tuesday, May 8----------------- 10:05pm
Cliff Lee, LHP (0-0, 7.50) vs Ervin Santana, RHP (2-4, 5.50)

Scouting Report:
Indians: Lee's return Thursday night was typical of most debuts. Making his first start since suffering an abdominal strain in Spring Training, Westbrook was shaky early, but settled down and ended up tossing six innings. In all, the 28-year-old gave up five runs on nine hits as the Indians would ultimately win. In six career starts against the Angels, Lee is 3-3 with a 4.15 ERA.

Angels: Santana flirted with troube before one bad pitch -- a fastball that Esteban German turned into a three-run homer -- beat him in Kansas City on Wednesday night. Santana repeatedly worked out of trouble with live fastballs and solid offspeed stuff before departing after 6 1/3 innings. He yielded 11 hits, walked one, hit a batter and struck out six. He's 0-3 with a 13.50 ERA in three career starts against Cleveland.

Wednesday, May 9-------------------- 10:05pm
Paul Byrd, RHP (2-1, 2.92) vs Jered Weaver, RHP (1-3, 5.12)

Scouting Report:
Indians: The right-hander has used being skipped over in the rotation earlier this season as motivation and wants to make good on the two-year, $14.25 million deal he signed before the 2006 season. Four starts into 2007, Byrd has turned in three quality starts, eaten up innings and kept his team in games. His last outing, Friday at Baltimore, was his best to date, even if he came away with a no-decision. Byrd allowed a run on six hits in 6 2-3 innings, his longest effort of the year.

Angels: Weaver had lively stuff, matching his career high with nine strikeouts, across six innings in a losing effort against the Royals, who put together three earned runs on seven hits. Weaver's command wasn't consistent, but the movement on his fastball was encouraging, and he made some quality pitches with his breaking stuff. It was another step in the right direction in his recovery from biceps tendinitis.

Thursday, May 10---------------------- 3:35pm
Jeremy Sowers, LHP (0-2, 5.87) vs Kelvim Escobar, RHP (3-1, 2.84)

Scouting Report:
Indians: Six starts into 2007, left-hander Jeremy Sowers is looking nothing like the rookie pitcher who was so dominant during the second half of last season. He's still searching for his first victory and command of his changeup, so he doesn't have to rely so heavily on his fastball. Sowers' last start was the shortest of his Major League career, a two-inning stint at Baltimore on Saturday during which he gave up six runs on five hits and three walks.

Angels: Kelvim Escobar's victory over the White Sox on May 4 might not have been his most artistic outing of the 2007 campaign, and the opposition that evening might not have been the toughest, but careful observers, including the Indians, will note that Escobar continues to craft his way out of difficult counts and difficult situations, to the tune of a 3-1 record and a 2.84 ERA.

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/news/p ... p?c_id=cle
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#2 » by B Mac » Tue May 8, 2007 8:44 pm

It will be interesting to watch Cliff tonight. Hopefully he finds a way to bounce back from his injury and last lackluster start.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#3 » by L&H_05 » Tue May 8, 2007 9:18 pm

I've spent many summer nights in that stadium above ^^^

The Jake > Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim-Orange County-Newport Beach- Laguna Beach Stadium...:wordyo:
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#4 » by LoveThemCavs » Wed May 9, 2007 4:25 am

Pretty shocked to see Cliff out there in the 9th inning after just getting back off the DL. He's pitched a great game, need to get him out of there now. As BMac would say... RIGHT NOW.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by B Mac » Wed May 9, 2007 4:27 am

I got that off of GoCavsGo. Gotta give credit where credit is due.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#6 » by LoveThemCavs » Wed May 9, 2007 4:29 am

Maybe Wedge is more confident with Cliff than Borowski with 2 men on and a 4 run lead. He's had a great game, I just would hate to see the guy have this game lost from under the rug.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by B Mac » Wed May 9, 2007 4:30 am

Get em Cliffy.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by B Mac » Wed May 9, 2007 4:30 am

That a boy Cliff. Complete gamer. Way to bounce back..
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#9 » by LoveThemCavs » Wed May 9, 2007 4:32 am

I take it all back.. Go Cliff, Go Tribe, Go Cavs. Hell while I'm at it, go Browns. It's just been that good of a night. Cliff just saved our bullpen for the rest of this series. Sowers hasn't been that great and we might need those extra innings. Props to Casey too, he had a few big hits for us tonight. He's taken some heat this year. Tribe is now 20-10.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by B Mac » Wed May 9, 2007 4:35 am

20 and freaking 10. Its a good time to be a Cleveland fan.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#11 » by LoveThemCavs » Wed May 9, 2007 4:37 am

What are the odds on Cliff getting whipped creamed in the post game? Seems the team is getting anyone that STO talks to in the postgame.

EDIT: He made it out unscathed. The guys must have felt thankful for him going 9 innings. I feel bad for the next sucker STO interviews. lol
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by B Mac » Wed May 9, 2007 4:39 am

Did they do the interview yet? I switched away did I miss it? Did he get creamed?
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by B Mac » Wed May 9, 2007 4:40 am

Ahh. Trot has been getting everyone. It was hilarious watching him getting it back the last game.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#14 » by LoveThemCavs » Wed May 9, 2007 4:43 am

B Mac wrote:Ahh. Trot has been getting everyone. It was hilarious watching him getting it back the last game.

Yea I always liked Trot even in his Boston days. He's been a great get for the team. Not only is he hitting, but the guys seem loose and having fun. Like I said, I feel bad for the next sucker they put on the postgame show. He let Cliff slide for going the distance. He's gonna be itching at the bit for a cream pie on the next win. :lol:
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by B Mac » Wed May 9, 2007 4:45 am

Did you see Dellucci wearing that towel around his face to hid his face when he got Nixon back the other day? I was cracking up forever about that.

Ill admit I was a little curious as to why we signed Nixon, but he has paid off already. He plays hard and seems like a great leader. Solid pickup for Shapiro.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#16 » by LoveThemCavs » Wed May 9, 2007 4:50 am

B Mac wrote:Did you see Dellucci wearing that towel around his face to hid his face when he got Nixon back the other day? I was cracking up forever about that.

Ill admit I was a little curious as to why we signed Nixon, but he has paid off already. He plays hard and seems like a great leader. Solid pickup for Shapiro.

No I missed it. I remember you saying something about it though. STO set Trot up though with the replays of it. They slow-motioned it and you could clearly tell Trot was the culprit getting everyone. I wish I saw it. Trot is quickly becoming one of my favorite players on the team. The more the Tribe is winning though, I am a little more skeptical of the whole Marte thing. Blake has played a great third base. JMic isn't producing too. We'll see how it goes, but I'm liking Blake at third again. It might not be the popular opinion in this town, but thats my opinion.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by B Mac » Wed May 9, 2007 5:05 am

Vic's solo homer.

Celebrate good times.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by B Mac » Thu May 10, 2007 5:42 am

Hell of a pitching performance out of Byrd tonight was lost in a matter of pitches. That was a tough loss after how well he pitched, but we just need to go back out tomorrow and get it back.
j wak
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#19 » by j wak » Thu May 10, 2007 12:01 pm

Fortunately Detroit lost. We really could have used that game though.

Return to Cleveland Indians