June 5-7, Kansas City Royals series

LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

June 5-7, Kansas City Royals series 

Post#1 » by LoveThemCavs » Tue Jun 5, 2007 9:17 pm

Image(21-37) at Image(34-21)

Tuesday, June 5---------------- 7:05pm
Jorge De La Rosa, LHP (4-5, 4.97) vs C.C. Sabathia, LHP (8-1, 3.78 )

Scouting Report:
Royals: De La Rosa has encountered trouble in his last two starts. Against the Indians, his newly-developed knack of throwing strikes deserted him. Seven walks led to a short nine-run outing. Then, against the Orioles, he was charged with five runs in five-plus innings. His ERA rose to just under 5.00, the highest it has been this season. At least his control improved (three walks) and that's essential for him. In previous years, he had great stuff but lack of command was his downfall.
Indians: The Indians like to keep their ace consistently pitching on four days' rest, so they'll probably reshuffle their rotation coming out of Monday's off-day and give the ball to Sabathia in the opener of a three-game set against the Royals. Sabathia is 11-6 with a 3.34 ERA in 23 career starts against the Royals. He went 1-0 with a 2.25 ERA in two starts against them last season.

Wednesday, June 6-------------- 7:05pm
Brian Bannister, RHP (1-3, 3.89) vs Paul Byrd, RHP (6-1, 3.57)

Scouting Report:
Royals: Bannister enjoyed the longest outing of his Major League career Friday night against the Devil Rays, tossing eight innings of one-run ball. Mainly using a fastball, he permitted just two hits and faced one over the minimum. Bannister also struck out a career-high six. He was his usual self, moving the ball around and pitching smart. Bannister doesn't have overpowering stuff, but his fastball has nice tailing movement and he is very smart on the mound.
Indians: Byrd's drastic improvement this season is evidenced by the fact that he's won each of his last four starts. He's shown much better command of the strike zone this year over last. He hasn't walked a batter in a whopping 43 innings of work. In his last start against the Red Sox on May 30, he gave up just two runs on nine hits with a strikeout in six-plus innings. But for the second outing in a row, he ran into some trouble when facing a lineup for the third time through. He gave up three singles to open the seventh and was relieved with the bases loaded.

Thursday, June 7------------------- 12:05pm
Odalis Perez, LHP (3-5, 5.74) vs Fausto Carmona, RHP (6-1, 3.29)

Scouting Report:
Royals: Perez was his usual self Saturday night, allowing four runs in five-plus innings against the Devil Rays at Tropicana Field. The left-hander had good control, permitting one walk and one homer against five strikeouts, but allowed two rallies -- in the third and sixth innings. His 5.74 ERA masks a strong season: like Saturday, he wasn't great, but he was effective, and, most importantly, gave his team a chance to win. In one start this season as Perez worked fewer than five innings or permitted more than four runs.
Indians: Carmona wasn't quite as sharp against the Tigers on Friday as he has been for much of this season. He gave up five runs on 10 hits with no walks and five strikeouts in just six innings of work. True to his sinker-throwing roots, Carmona only recorded one fly ball out. He was able to leave with a no-decision because the offense rallied behind him. In his last meeting with the Royals, Carmona gave up three runs on nine hits over six innings in a no-decision on May 22.

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/news/p ... p?c_id=cle
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#2 » by B Mac » Tue Jun 5, 2007 11:13 pm

Lets see if we can finally beat up on the cellar dwellers aka the Royals.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by B Mac » Wed Jun 6, 2007 2:23 am

CC = stud = best pitcher in the league

:o

B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by B Mac » Thu Jun 7, 2007 9:42 pm

Fausto pitched another beauty today. My whole left side is pink and let me tell you it was hot as h e double hockey sticks at the Jake today. Im 2-0 this year though. :)
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by B Mac » Fri Jun 8, 2007 2:25 am

After Mastny made the last catch today the camera cuts to a video of two very good looking guys standing up and cheering. That was myself and my brother. My dad called me and told me he saw us but I didnt believe him. I just saw the replay of it and he was right. I got my 2 seconds of tv fame today.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#6 » by LoveThemCavs » Fri Jun 8, 2007 4:01 pm

Congrats on that BMac. Plus got to see the Tribe take another series. I don't know why but these scrappy Royals. They play the Indians very well. Before the bats woke up in the eighth inning I was thinking, "damn the Royals have shut us down offensively this series". I keep getting flashbacks to those mid-90's Tribe teams. This team just explodes on you when you think you got them figured out. This team looks forreal this year, I'd like to see Shapiro pull off a trade for some bullpen help. Time to beef up in the main area of concern. This is an important stretch of interleague matchups. We don't see any ALC foes until July 3rd with Detroit. Also wanted to say props to the starting pitching in this series, even in the loss Byrd did good enough to win. I've been looking at some stats and Hafner/Sizemore really stand out. Those two will get hot soon, the rest of our lineup has been carrying us. Especially Victor Martinez, who I cannot believe is 5th in the AL All Star vote for catcher.

Return to Cleveland Indians