ImageImageImageImage

Trade Deadline Rumors

B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Trade Deadline Rumors 

Post#1 » by B Mac » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:50 pm

There have been a lot of names thrown around for players that the Indians should or have been taking a look at before the deadline. Players like Gagne, Otsuka, Dotel, Dye, and especially Lofton have been thrown around the most I've seen.

Here is a report I saw over on the Scout Indians forum... Now there is no link provided by the original poster but here is his post regardless...

RUMOR:

Texas and Cleveland came to terms today (7/25/07) and Lofton deal will be announced by mid day Thursday. Texas presented with 3 prospects to select and have 48 hours to pull the string. One of the options is believed to be Brian Barton.

K-Love would be a nice addition. He isnt exactly the power bat that we might be looking at but he would allow us to move Grady down to third and Kenny to leadoff which would allow Grady to become more of the big bat he is projected to be instead of forcing him into the leadoff role like we have been. Kenny's arm is a concern, but the guy can still flat out fly which makes up for some of his shortcomings. Plus Kenny would bring back all those nostalgic 90's fans who havent come back to watch the Indians since.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#2 » by B Mac » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:50 pm

More rumors coming out centering around Dotel. The two names being brought up are Guiterrez and Francisco. I sure hope its Francisco and not Gutzy of the two.

Return to Cleveland Indians