ImageImageImageImage

Bold Move For The Tribe

Cleveland Fan
Sophomore
And1: 1

Bold Move For The Tribe 

Post#1 » by Cleveland Fan » Tue Jul 7, 2009 11:01 pm

How about the Indians do a reverse move & trade for an established player. We could put together a package of young major leaque & minor leaque players. I know this would mean taking on salary, but I think the rewards could out-wieght the risks greatly. The players we could offer are Garko, Barfield, Peralta, young lefty on major leaque roster (not named Lee) & minor leaque talent. The player I'am talking about is Roy Halladay. He would move right to #1 starter & put our rotation back to a team strength. I know this would cost alot but could put us back into the play-offs in 2010. Short of stipping our minors I would love to see this. Also he's signed thru 2010 so we would need to offer an extention (say 2 more years). What do you think?
Furrski
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: Bold Move For The Tribe 

Post#2 » by Furrski » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:46 pm

I like the way you are thinking, but the only way to even sniff Halladay would be for LaPorta, Peralta, Hector Rondon, and maybe like Brantley and Huff. Teams this past offseason were asking for Carmona or Shoppach, but they have big questions now. Even Peralta doesn't have much value right now. Halladay would be incredible, but would mean nothing for this year, and then you would have to extend him AND Lee next year, which couldn't happen (2 contracts of 20 mill?).

I do support the idea of putting together a package for a proven pitcher (which is still hard to do), and if Peralta is wanted, I'd add Garko, Francisco, and a few youngsters like Beau Mills or Wes Hodges. Next year we MUST go for it all, and Shapiro WILL seek starting pitching. The only problem is that teams who trade a proven starter usually want a young promising one in return. Do we want to give up Rondon or Jeanmar Gomez? I don't.

Return to Cleveland Indians