ImageImageImageImage

Rockies @ Dodgers

Omoneyman0
Freshman
And1: 0

Rockies @ Dodgers 

Post#1 » by Omoneyman0 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:05 am

Nice win today, Francis looked solid again, hopefully Lopez carrys over from last start. Go Rocks!! :clap:
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,259

Post#2 » by RRFB » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:20 am

I got a little worried when Fuentes loaded the bases in the 9th but it turned out just fine. Like you said, Lopez did great last start and hopefully he can duplicate that performance, maybe he'll get some run support and good pitching from the bullpen this time around.
proscout
Junior
And1: 21

Post#3 » by proscout » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:29 am

its been amazing that in all 7 games so far the starters have done a great job in ALL 7 games. hopefully other areas start to improve (bullpen and consistent hitting), and our starters can keep coming out strong.
Omoneyman0
Freshman

Post#4 » by Omoneyman0 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:47 am

Tough loss again today :banghead: oh well we really need some hitting, we have a solid lineup just need to put it together. Also the bullpen could be better but still I think they are to blame just as much as our hitting. Were gonna put togther a big streak here soon, our starters are so solid they will give us a chance to win 4outa5 games atleast, we just need to put it togther. I think part of it has to do with our team being so young, they will learn and improve hopefully. Lets get the rubber game tomorrow :clap:
2poor
RealGM
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#5 » by 2poor » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:43 pm

Go Nuggets!

:naaa:
DenverSportsFan
Sophomore

Post#6 » by DenverSportsFan » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:08 am

Well what can you say if you can't hit clutch hits to score runs you obivously can't win. That was the case tonight I got so frustrated after that 1st inning we had the based loaded and we couldn't do anything against them. That hurt us and it probally hurt Hirch's confidence. He feel asleep on that double steal and that probally costed us the game.
Nez477
Ballboy

Post#7 » by Nez477 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:30 pm

DenverSportsFan wrote:Well what can you say if you can't hit clutch hits to score runs you obivously can't win. That was the case tonight I got so frustrated after that 1st inning we had the based loaded and we couldn't do anything against them. That hurt us and it probally hurt Hirch's confidence. He feel asleep on that double steal and that probally costed us the game.

I'd say us scoring 0 usually means a loss. The Dodgers still get one run if it wasn't for the double steal in that inning, and 1-0 is just as effective as 3-0.

The lack of offense has been frustrating thus far. We seriously COULD be 9-0. We've lost close games, and most of them have been because we can't swing the bat.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#8 » by MHZ » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:27 pm

Nez477 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'd say us scoring 0 usually means a loss. The Dodgers still get one run if it wasn't for the double steal in that inning, and 1-0 is just as effective as 3-0.

The lack of offense has been frustrating thus far. We seriously COULD be 9-0. We've lost close games, and most of them have been because we can't swing the bat.

The offense is pretty all over the place as relates to when they show up. I agree. For a team that's pitching staff is supposed to be the weak link, I can't believe the bats are so inconsistent.

Return to Colorado Rockies