ImageImageImageImage

Bring back Boesch

g-mo
Ballboy
And1: 0

Bring back Boesch 

Post#1 » by g-mo » Thu Aug 7, 2014 5:03 am

DD should consider buying Brennan Boesch's minor league contract with LA Angels and bring him back to the Tigers. This would be a minimum cost and probable high upside. Boesch would provide lefty OF in rotation for left or right field, he's hitting over .300 and provides real HR power as well. Brennan would be good replacement for Andy Dirks, who's still rehabbing. I'm sure Brennan's matured a lot since he left Detroit and got away from Leyland, gotten his swing under control, and would be good under Ausmus for the stretch run. Since Tigers are willing to sign Jim Johnson for possible bullpen help after Oakland A's release--why not go after Boesch?
epheisey
Bench Warmer
And1: 409

Re: Bring back Boesch 

Post#2 » by epheisey » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:30 am

They're supposedly a favorite to sign a Cuban center fielder who could contribute immediately. That's my first choice.

I don't understand the trading deadlines and rules in the MLB with the waivers and all that, but if Boesch is under LAA control, I don't think DD can just purchase his contract. That only works for players within the organization that aren't on the 40 man roster if I'm not mistaken. So I don't know if Boesch is even attainable at this point in the season.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Re: Bring back Boesch 

Post#3 » by Manocad » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:29 pm

Because once bitten, twice shy is why. Or "Thank you, sir...may I please have another?" You get the picture.

Return to Detroit Tigers