ImageImageImage

oddest ending I have ever seen

Lane1974
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25

oddest ending I have ever seen 

Post#1 » by Lane1974 » Sun Aug 5, 2007 3:24 pm

bottom of the 12th, two out, no one on, Garner elects to intentionally walk Miggy to get to Jacobs, who nearly hit a HR out to dead center in his prior at bat. Wild pitch, Miggy to 2nd. ANOTHER wild pitch, Miggy to 3rd, but the ball fell into the dugout so they awarded Miggy home plate and the game.

I remember when, I think in 1998 or 1999 during the duldrums we won a walkoff when John Rocker had the ball slip out of his hands while setting up to throw a pitch, thus a balk and the runner from 3rd scored.
heatfan1525
Senior
And1: 0

Post#2 » by heatfan1525 » Tue Aug 7, 2007 9:11 pm

Believe it or not, there are articles all over the place including one my brother wrote for his stats class in college that is getting published about intentionally walking a person and when are the right moments. Cabrera has been on a tear and Jacobs was 0-22 at that moment so it was a good decision. But it was the funniest thing in the world watch cabs run the bases lol. Maybe if you throw a cheeseburger in front of him he'll run faster idk but he is getting near triple crown numbers and its incredible. Hanley has also being doing some amazing stuff and the best part was that he wasnt even voted in by the fans, players or managers for the all-star game, pshhh Hanley has already surpassed Reyes as the best shortstop.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#3 » by Flash3 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:05 am

Vividly remember the play you are talking about Lane, and I think it was Eric Owens who scored the GW run, too.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.

Return to Miami Marlins