ImageImageImage

Congrats Mike Lowell!

G.cracker
Head Coach
And1: 958

Congrats Mike Lowell! 

Post#1 » by G.cracker » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:43 am

I was very happy to see him win the WS MVP. I had lots of friends at Gables when he was there, and when we won it, his broken hand made him take a lesser role.

Also happy for Beckett, but more just in wonder of what he could've been doing with us if not for all those blisters. Oh well, one WS with him as MVP is good enough.

If Beckett and/or Lowell go to the HoF, think they'll at least have a half Marlins hat?
I'm like Global Warming, you can't ignore me.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#2 » by Flash3 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:01 pm

Definitely nice to see both of 'em fair well this past post-season.

The HoF question is a good one, but it'll depend where they spend the rest of their career, specifically Josh, who has a good 5-8 years left to play.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
Lane1974
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25

Post#3 » by Lane1974 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:47 pm

Lowell = class act all the way, he deserves his FA contract next year

Beckett = just an awesome money pitcher. He turned the switch on finally and it appears to stay on. AJ Burnett probably has better overall stuff than Beckett but is a head case.

Classless of Scott Boras to try and upstage the World Series & Red Sox with the timing if the A-Rod news. He must already have the $300M deal in his pocket.
Lane1974
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25

Post#4 » by Lane1974 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:48 pm

It also will be interesting to see how Girardi's drill sargeant act will work in NY. Especially to see what they do with their vets. They do have a lot of young pitchers and some young prospects on the way/already there.

Return to Miami Marlins