ImageImageImage

2009 RealGM Marlins Summit

APerna
Editor
And1: 1

2009 RealGM Marlins Summit 

Post#1 » by APerna » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:10 pm

Similar to the way I conducted “Summits” on the NBA and NFL boards last year, I’d like to do the same on RealGM’s MLB boards as we prepare to for the beginning of Spring Training and the 2009 season.

The process, for those of you who may have taken part in the NBA or NFL versions, will be exactly the same. I’ll post questions on each of the individual team message boards, and ask that posters, and specifically fans of each team, answer each question.

Ideally, I’d like each answer to be roughly one or two sentences, but I realize that it is very hard to convey your opinions and feelings in just a few words. All I ask is that you try not to reply with more than a paragraph.

With that I wish you and your team of choice the best of luck in the coming season.

Please reply within this thread.

1. How would you rate the team’s offseason thus far?

2. What move do you wish the team made? (i.e. signing, trade)

3. Who do you feel will have a breakout season?

4. Who do you see regressing after a strong 2008?

5. What is the best case scenario for the club in 2009?

6. What is the worst case scenario for the club in 2009?
+ PF
"If Jack makes that shot, the game is over." - Tommy Heinsohn after Jarrett Jack missed a shot at the buzzer of a 105-105 game between the Celtics and Pacers.
travis minor
Veteran

Re: 2009 RealGM Marlins Summit 

Post#2 » by travis minor » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:39 pm

D
Anything to upgrade the bullpen
Cameron Maybin (hopefully)
Jorge Cantu had a career year, so probably him
Playoffs
Injuries to the starting rotation again
Lane1974
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25

Post#3 » by Lane1974 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 2:28 am

1. How would you rate the team’s offseason thus far? TBD. Traded away known quantities like Scott Olsen and Kevin Gregg and Josh Willingham, but the prospects they got back are supposed to be good. The big news will be if the stadium gets approved later this month.

2. What move do you wish the team made? (i.e. signing, trade) - money is always an object so this is a loaded question with the Fish. I guess improving the catching depth and bullpen experience.

3. Who do you feel will have a breakout season? the young pitchers - Josh Johnson especially, Matt Lindstrom (closer), Dallas MacPhearson if he wins a corner spot

4. Who do you see regressing after a strong 2008? Cantu, catcher John Baker (.299 avg, .850 OPS)

5. What is the best case scenario for the club in 2009? Wildcard

6. What is the worst case scenario for the club in 2009? team starts out slow and trades its $ players like Uggla, Cantu, by the summer time
mike_miller
Lead Assistant
And1: 34

Post#4 » by mike_miller » Wed Apr 1, 2009 4:56 pm

A (new ball park, no fire sale..) i know standards are low but it is what it is..and olsen and mike jacobs were names, not good names.
man-ram and mr barry bonds...still holding out for shef..i know most people are worried about the locker room and chemistry but those guys have done a good amount of winning and are still dangerous players.
its gotta be maybin, gave us a peak last year, spring training looked ok, really cant wait to see this guy over awhole season..
cantu is the easy pick, looking at his history, im going big dan ugla.. as much as i hope im wrong, he never was the same after the all star game
undefeated in playoffs...world series of course!!
anyteam from ny winning the world series.
APerna
Editor

Post#5 » by APerna » Thu Apr 2, 2009 2:17 am

Posting this weekend....
+ PF
"If Jack makes that shot, the game is over." - Tommy Heinsohn after Jarrett Jack missed a shot at the buzzer of a 105-105 game between the Celtics and Pacers.

Return to Miami Marlins