ImageImageImage

World Series Champion Astros 2018 Game Thread

TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Re: World Series Champion Astros 2018 Game Thread 

Post#181 » by TMU » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:01 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:Come on Carlos, swing the bat...god I can't wait until he gets his mind(and body) right again.

That's what I said about Carlos Beltraitor years ago.

Oh well Stros. There's always next year. Still a great team. :nod:
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#182 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:38 am

TMU wrote:
RaoulDuke79 wrote:Come on Carlos, swing the bat...god I can't wait until he gets his mind(and body) right again.

Don't you dare compare Good Carlos to Evil Carlos! Brokeback Carlos is nothing like that old Struck Out Looking With Bases Load Beltran!

:wink:

It still makes me happy on some weird level remembering that. I really don't harbor any bad feelings towards Beltran now after all these years. It was really disappointing when he chose NY over us, and I felt without a doubt we'd have won in 2005 if he had stayed, but I never really hated him and I enjoyed seeing him back last year. He didn't contribute much on the field, but I think he had a huge impact on the clubhouse and would still make a great coach(we could use a hitting coach!).

Still, watching him strike out looking in that situation was beautiful.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#183 » by TMU » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:36 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:
TMU wrote:

Don't you dare compare Good Carlos to Evil Carlos! Brokeback Carlos is nothing like that old Struck Out Looking With Bases Load Beltran!

It still makes me happy on some weird level remembering that. I really don't harbor any bad feelings towards Beltran now after all these years. It was really disappointing when he chose NY over us, and I felt without a doubt we'd have won in 2005 if he had stayed, but I never really hated him and I enjoyed seeing him back last year. He didn't contribute much on the field, but I think he had a huge impact on the clubhouse and would still make a great coach(we could use a hitting coach!).

I hate you. :evil:
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#184 » by RaoulDuke79 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:32 pm

TMU wrote:
RaoulDuke79 wrote:
TMU wrote:

I hate you. :evil:

Nuh-uh! Liar.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.

Return to Houston Astros