ImageImageImage

Dunn to Astros ?

wadero
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Dunn to Astros ? 

Post#1 » by wadero » Wed May 14, 2008 5:42 pm

Take it for what it is worth. I heard from Adam Dunn mom that Adam has told his agent he want to play in houston next season. If it becomes a reality where does he play? The only thing I can see is Pence in center with Dunn and El Cabayo in the other 2 OF spots. Anyway give me your thoughts?
Listen to the lunatic inside you
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
-- Robin Williams (1952- ), American actor and comedian
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,167

Post#2 » by RaoulDuke79 » Wed May 14, 2008 9:40 pm

Oh I hope not. He's terrible. Strikes out a ton, hits for terrible average, and is only good for hitting HR's(and doesn't seem to be doing that alot this year either).

I admit I haven't seen him play defense enough to judge but I'm going to go ahead and guess he's awful at that too, and we already have one big oaf in the outfield(Lee), I don't think we need two.

I know he's from Houston so I'm sure he would like to play here before his career is over. A few years ago I might have welcomed the idea of getting him but no thanks. I would be very disappointed if we signed or traded for him, especially if we overpay/give up too much(and IMO anything we pay/give up is too much).

Count me out on this one.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,167

Post#3 » by RaoulDuke79 » Wed May 14, 2008 9:59 pm

I just talked to one of my friends who is from Ohio and he added that he thinks Dunn is the worst defensive LF in baseball(atleast the NL) and that the majority of his HR's are meaningless/solo HR's(but he hits them real far so fans like him!).

This coming from a guy who really knows alot about baseball and watches all the Reds/Indians games so...that just confirms even more what I thought to begin with.

Say no to Dunn Astros. Don't make me come down there and slap some sense into you if you're considering this guy.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#4 » by A.J. » Wed May 14, 2008 10:25 pm

Our outfield is set. The only person I would want for us to go after is Kenny Lofton if Bourn continues to struggle.
wadero
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#5 » by wadero » Thu May 15, 2008 3:40 pm

Why do you want and old CF like lofton? he is in his 40 for god sake. If Bourne doesnt work out we need to go and get Tony Gynn Jr!!!!
Listen to the lunatic inside you

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."

-- Robin Williams (1952- ), American actor and comedian
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#6 » by Baller 24 » Thu May 22, 2008 3:16 am

He hits a lot of Home runs, but like RD said he strikes out a ton, doesn't he at times lead the majors in strikeouts?
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#7 » by A.J. » Thu May 22, 2008 3:57 am

wadero wrote:Why do you want and old CF like lofton? he is in his 40 for god sake. If Bourne doesnt work out we need to go and get Tony Gynn Jr!!!!

I still think Lofton is a difference maker for a playoff race.

Return to Houston Astros