ImageImageImage

2009 RealGM Astros Summit

APerna
Editor
And1: 1

2009 RealGM Astros Summit 

Post#1 » by APerna » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:11 pm

Similar to the way I conducted “Summits” on the NBA and NFL boards last year, I’d like to do the same on RealGM’s MLB boards as we prepare to for the beginning of Spring Training and the 2009 season.

The process, for those of you who may have taken part in the NBA or NFL versions, will be exactly the same. I’ll post questions on each of the individual team message boards, and ask that posters, and specifically fans of each team, answer each question.

Ideally, I’d like each answer to be roughly one or two sentences, but I realize that it is very hard to convey your opinions and feelings in just a few words. All I ask is that you try not to reply with more than a paragraph.

With that I wish you and your team of choice the best of luck in the coming season.

Please reply within this thread.

1. How would you rate the team’s offseason thus far?

2. What move do you wish the team made? (i.e. signing, trade)

3. Who do you feel will have a breakout season?

4. Who do you see regressing after a strong 2008?

5. What is the best case scenario for the club in 2009?

6. What is the worst case scenario for the club in 2009?
+ PF
"If Jack makes that shot, the game is over." - Tommy Heinsohn after Jarrett Jack missed a shot at the buzzer of a 105-105 game between the Celtics and Pacers.
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

Re: 2009 RealGM Astros Summit 

Post#2 » by Vator » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:41 pm

I need to think about his and comeback because the way I feel right now, all of my answers will look pretty dismal. It would be something like this.

1. Grade - F I'm really not sure if it could be any worse. I guess only if they traded away the few good players we have for minor league prospects, that is the only way I could imagine it being worse.

2. Starting pitching is sorely needed. Anybody with one good eye could see that...except our owner of course.

3. Nobody

4. Everybody

5. 75-87

6. Worst record in baseball history?
A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: 2009 RealGM Astros Summit 

Post#3 » by A.J. » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:38 am

1. How would you rate the team’s offseason thus far?
F- We didn't make any major moves and we gave away Wigginton. Jason Michaels, and Mike Hampton isnt going to cut it.

2. What move do you wish the team made? (i.e. signing, trade)
I wish we would have attempted to sign Ben Sheets, and make a trade for Jake Peavy. Both are unrealistic.

3. Who do you feel will have a breakout season?
I think Michael Bourn will have a nice season and an improvement from last season. He just has to.

4. Who do you see regressing after a strong 2008?
I think Brian Moehler will regress after a surprising 2008. I was just a one year wonder.

5. What is the best case scenario for the club in 2009?
I think we will finish 3rd in the NL Central behind the Cubs and Brewers. The Cards might pass us up also, and don;t count out the Reds either.

6. What is the worst case scenario for the club in 2009?
6th in the NL Central?

Return to Houston Astros