Jeff Keppinger Joins Da Stros!

TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Jeff Keppinger Joins Da Stros! 

Post#1 » by TMU » Wed Apr 1, 2009 7:14 pm

http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ ... to_astros/

The Reds traded Jeff Keppinger to the Astros on Tuesday in exchange for a player to be named later.

"A lot went through my head on the ride over," Keppinger said. "I was wondering if they were going to release me because of the spring I had."

The trade means either Paul Janish or Adam Rosales will make the team as a utility infielder.

Welcome Keppinger!!!

Raoul <3 Cincinnati Reds
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,113

Re: Jeff Keppinger Joins Da Stros! 

Post#2 » by RaoulDuke79 » Wed Apr 1, 2009 11:35 pm

I'm not sure who we are giving up but I like this addition. I have a buddy who is a huge Reds fan so I've heard about him a lot.

Great contact hitter who walks more than he strikes out regularly, and when he's healthy(he had some injuries last year) he hit .300+ and had a .400 OBP. Not great range defensively I think but he doesn't make many errors and can play basically all of the infield spots. He should be a solid utility guy, and we needed a backup SS/2B/1B and someone who can platoon at 3B with Blum.

Also, for the record I don't hate the Reds, it just so happens I have a few friends from Ohio, AND they are also a division rival, so I must loathe them every chance I get unless they decide to give us a decent player.

:D
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Re: Jeff Keppinger Joins Da Stros! 

Post#3 » by Baller 24 » Thu Apr 9, 2009 2:51 am

HE JUST HAD A HOME RUN, HES AWESOME.
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark

Return to Houston Astros