ImageImageImage

Bud Norris

Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

Bud Norris 

Post#1 » by Vator » Sat Aug 8, 2009 3:58 am

Kid looks damn good so far. So good in fact that I think it makes the organization look bad by waiting so long to bring him up.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Re: Bud Norris 

Post#2 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Aug 8, 2009 11:38 am

He definitely has looked very good, and he's given the Disastros two very much needed quality starts. I agree they waited too long(some folks seem to feel he needed more time in the minors but he has proven that wrong so far), to keep running Russ Friggin' Ortiz out there as long as they did was ridiculous.

He needs to keep his walks down, but everything else I've seen so far is encouraging.

Regardless of this season, going into next year with a 1-2-3 of Oswalt/Wandy/Norris doesn't look too shabby. I sure would love to get Fat Elvis back into the lineup ASAP, and maybe our guys could stop dropping like flies for the remainder of the season. Wouldn't that be nice? Wishful thinking, I know.

With Oswalt and Wandy coming back, all of a sudden the rotation doesn't look so craptastically horrible anymore(knocks on wood)....
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Re: Bud Norris 

Post#3 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Aug 9, 2009 12:26 am

Oh yea, also can we get rid of Hampton already? Seriously now...we're bound to have some scrub in AA who can do just as well as he's doing.

I know, I know, he was once good as an Astro about 50 years ago. Regardless, he's a washed up scrub. Get rid of him already.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.

Return to Houston Astros