dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,460

Mike Trout's contract renewal concern 

Post#1 » by dockingsched » Sat Mar 2, 2013 7:47 pm

agent doesn't sound like a happy camper, including moving over to LF

http://aldengonzalez.mlblogs.com/2013/0 ... -for-510k/

Here’s a statement passed along from Mike Trout‘s agent, Craig Landis, after they renewed Trout’s contract for $510,000. As a primer, players with 0 to 3 years of service time either “agree” on a contract or, if they don’t, get renewed …

The Angels “renewed” Mike Trout’s contract today. The $510,000 salary was not the result of a negotiated compromise between Mike and the Angels. Because Mike has less than 3 years of Major League service and has not yet reached salary arbitration eligibility, the Angels have the right under the CBA to unilaterally impose a salary upon Mike, and they chose to do that today.

During the process, on behalf of Mike, I asked only that the Angels compensate Mike fairly for his historic 2012 season, given his service time. In my opinion, this contract falls well short of a “fair” contract and I have voiced this to the Angels throughout the process. Nonetheless, the renewal of Mike’s contract will put an end of this discussion.

Mike, himself, does not wish to comment on this matter. As when he learned he would not be the team’s primary center fielder for the upcoming season, Mike will put the disappointment behind him and focus on helping the Angels reach their goal of winning the 2013 World Series.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Re: Mike Trout's contract renewal concern 

Post#2 » by TyCobb » Tue Mar 5, 2013 4:38 am

Bourjos needs to perform this year or else.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,460

Re: Mike Trout's contract renewal concern 

Post#3 » by dockingsched » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:44 pm

vernon is destroying this spring training, petey better watch out.

also, trout's agent, from these comments, reminded me of david lee, bynum's agent. hope there's nothing to it.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore

Return to Los Angeles Angels