ImageImageImageImageImage

2017 REGULAR SEASON LA Dodgers & international

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: 2017 REGULAR SEASON LA Dodgers & international 

Post#921 » by Neddy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:37 pm

man I do not like how Dave positioned our guys in the field.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#922 » by Neddy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:16 pm

man glad to see that one pitch ground ball to start the 4th.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#923 » by Neddy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:42 pm

man, I wonder if Chris cracked a rib on that beanball.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Post#924 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:06 pm

Now Cody hurt his ankle? Pulled a hammy?

Dammit

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Bellinger Day-to-Day Status 

Post#925 » by Ranma » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:34 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Now Cody hurt his ankle? Pulled a hammy?

Dammit

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Takes5
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#926 » by Takes5 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:15 pm

Neddy wrote:do we have a right handed pinch hitter other than ****? cuz lefties have surely have. Gonzo/Utley/Granderson/Ethier waiting for October, and the only other right handed bench player is Austin.

I think we should consider bringing Farmer back.

At any given time ****, Puig, Forsythe and b/u C Barnes/Grandal give a few RH bat options off bench.

Also,
I love the opposite headlines this morning:
MLB: 'Granderson scores winning run in 1st game'
ESPN: 'Granderson 0-fer in 1st game'

Annoyingly obvious east coast agenda four-letter dbags.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#927 » by TKainZero » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:25 pm

Both teams forget to bring their bats?
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Neddy
RealGM

Post#928 » by Neddy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:28 pm

does anybody else find the umpires protest ironic?

wearing a white wristband is to show your support for the blind. :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#929 » by Neddy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:39 pm

Takes5 wrote:
Neddy wrote:do we have a right handed pinch hitter other than ****? cuz lefties have surely have. Gonzo/Utley/Granderson/Ethier waiting for October, and the only other right handed bench player is Austin.

At any given time ****, Puig, Forsythe and b/u C Barnes/Grandal give a few RH bat options off bench.

Also,

well, we will be carrying 12 pitchers into the playoffs most likely, so we will have 5 men bench.

Austin obviously will be there as the backup catcher, so 4 seats left.

NLDS and NLCS will most likely feature a ton of right handed starters, so Forsythe will be on the bench. with Granderson in the fold, and with Joc down in AAA, **** will probably be on that bench too. 2 seats left.

with Puig-Granderson-Bellinger as the OF, Taylor may become the casualty, so he maybe the lefty pinch hitter unless we move him to the second base, in which case, Utley is on the bench.

this leaves the last bench seat available for one lucky Ethier. but I hope we use the 25th spot on someone who can do more to help us than just being a named bat off the bench. I have no faith in Andre's ability to help in September. I think Austin can be a better help at this point. but to use Austin's bat more freely, we will need a 3rd catcher. essentially, I guess I am not favoring Farmer over Ethier, but Barnes over Ethier.

sorry to give a response to the question nobody asked.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#930 » by Neddy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:39 pm

.... and Granderson breaks up Verlander's no hitter with a solo jack!
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#931 » by Neddy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:53 pm

ha

:o :lol: :-? :cry: :nonono:
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#932 » by Neddy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:56 pm

well its all hindsight now but, DR was so quick to pull Ryu (rightfully so, his pitch count was ugly) yesterday but he seemed to have lost his timing with Maeda today.
ehhhhh f it.
Takes5
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#933 » by Takes5 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:50 am

Neddy wrote:
Takes5 wrote:

Also,

well, we will be carrying 12 pitchers into the playoffs most likely, so we will have 5 men bench.

NLDS and NLCS will most likely feature a ton of right handed starters, so Forsythe will be on the bench. with Granderson in the fold, and with Joc down in AAA, **** will probably be on that bench too. 2 seats left.

with Puig-Granderson-Bellinger as the OF, Taylor may become the casualty, so he maybe the lefty pinch hitter unless we move him to the second base, in which case, Utley is on the bench.

this leaves the last bench seat available for one lucky Ethier. but I hope we use the 25th spot on someone who can do more to help us than just being a named bat off the bench. I have no faith in Andre's ability to help in September. I think Austin can be a better help at this point. but to use Austin's bat more freely, we will need a 3rd catcher. essentially, I guess I am not favoring Farmer over Ethier, but Barnes over Ethier.

Ethier should be no where near this roster come post season. We have LH hitting, power and veteran presence. He brings nothing needed.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#934 » by Neddy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:17 am

Takes5 wrote:
Neddy wrote:
Takes5 wrote:At any given time ****, Puig, Forsythe and b/u C Barnes/Grandal give a few RH bat options off bench.

Also,

Ethier should be no where near this roster come post season. We have LH hitting, power and veteran presence. He brings nothing needed.

glad to know we agree on this. I love Andre, but he should stay on DL this year.
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM

Umps Walk Back the Line 

Post#935 » by Ranma » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Neddy wrote:does anybody else find the umpires protest ironic?

wearing a white wristband is to show your support for the blind. :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Belly the Difference Maker 

Post#936 » by Ranma » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:28 pm

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Curtis Call 

Post#937 » by Ranma » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:11 am

I mentioned before how much I like Curtis Granderson as a clubhouse presence and his hot hitting in May. Dude just hit 2 home runs in both of his games as a Dodger. Both homers were against pitchers who were pitching well in those respective games with Verlander in Detroit and now Cole in Pittsburgh. It also doesn't hurt that he has a reputation for being clutch in the postseason.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#938 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:15 am

CUUUUUUURRRRTISSS!!!!111

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#939 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:19 am

Ranma wrote:I mentioned before how much I like Curtis Granderson as a clubhouse presence and his hot hitting in May. Dude just hit 2 home runs in both of his games as a Dodger. Both homers were against pitchers who were pitching well in those respective games with Verlander in Detroit and now Cole in Pittsburgh. It also doesn't hurt that he has a reputation for being clutch in the postseason.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I like the type of player he is (even though I hope his bat doesnt fall of a cliff):

Professional at bat.
1st to 3rd on a single.
1st to home on a double.
Pop in his bat.
Adequate defense (on the corners at least).

As much as I'm weary about a random cold spell, I find comfort in having him in our foxhole for the stretch run.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Ranma
RealGM

Nothing Lost in Taking a Chance 

Post#940 » by Ranma » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:25 am

Quake Griffin wrote:I like the type of player he is (even though I hope his bat doesnt fall of a cliff):

Professional at bat.
1st to 3rd on a single.
1st to home on a double.
Pop in his bat.
Adequate defense (on the corners at least).

As much as I'm weary about a random cold spell, I find comfort in having him in our foxhole for the stretch run.

You certainly have valid reasons for concern about his bat given his advancing age and struggles before his hot streak, but I'm not counting on him for much. He just needs to do better than what Pederson was doing lately and he basically all but eliminates Andre Ethier as an option for the postseason roster. Even in the unlikelihood that Granderson doesn't make the roster,
it only cost us Jacob Rhame, a 24-year-old one-pitch pitcher in the minors with a high-velocity fastball but control issues.

I certainly didn't expect us to pursue him, but I like having Curtis Granderson on the roster.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers