ImageImageImageImageImage

Third time is the charm? - 2019 Post season thread

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: Third time is the charm? - 2019 Post season thread 

Post#21 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:36 pm

wco81 wrote:There's been reporting that bringing Kershaw in first out of the bullpen was a front office decision. Does Roberts have latitude to ignore them?

In any event they said Roberts will be back next season.

Looks like Buehler is the only guy who can pitch with big-game pitchers like Cole, Scherzer and Strasburg.

So even if the Dodgers could trade Kershaw, who'd be their second pitcher in a playoffs rotation?

Looks like they have a lot of players who will be arbitration-eligible, Munch, Bellinger, Seager, Pederson, a couple of relievers. They may not get as much as free agents but these players should all get big increases in salary given their production.

So are the Dodgers going to try to sign Cole?

It would have been Ryu at this point in time.

This one is on the front office. First, they sent out 3 prospects for half a reason of Rich Hill and then they doubled down on that move by giving him $48 million. Under no circumstance is Rich Hill worth 3 prospects and $48 million over 3.5 seasons. I hated it in 2016 and I hated it now. I begged for them not to double down on re-signing this man that offseason (if you remember 2016...we had so many hurt pitchers..Scott Kazmir comes to mind too...another guy paid $48 million). I'm supposed to shutup and love it because Rich Hill is a nice guy, competitive, and good clubhouse blah blah blah. <--- This is what counts to make it on the Dodgers Roster. We hate Puig so damn much and virtue signal so damn much about how he's a bad influence, it's turned into, "be a good locker room guy and you can make the 40 man". :banghead:

Dude was 36 when we got him with a medical wrap sheet as long as a track meet. :crazy:

Nonetheless, I saw from the beginning of this year that the Dodgers kinda needed to build Urias up as a starter to get him ready. We were gonna need starters in October. Rich goes down with a significant injury and misses (2 months???) and returns in te middle of September. The first reports were that he wasnt going to make it onto the postseason roster. The team started auditioning Julio and Gonsolin in starting roles but couldn't freaking help themselves but to force Rich back into the mix with a couple weeks to prepare. This is another trash decision that, in my estimation, is Dave Roberts loyalty to Rich hill and more of Dave telling the FO that he trusts Rich than vice versa (just a guess though...I dunno how it works in there).

Unreal that Gonsolin didn't make this postseason roster over Hill.

FFW to NLDS, the Dodgers are in the freaking playoffs with 3.5 starters (Buehler, Ryu, Kershaw, and a Rich Hill that can kind of go 3 innings or so). 2.5 really if you consider Kershaw is going to piss certain games away.

I'm tired of loyalty to these people.
Be loyal to bringing Los Angeles a World Series.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,256

Re: Third time is the charm? - 2019 Post season thread 

Post#22 » by wco81 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:20 pm

istening to a podcast.

They're going to talk to someone about a theory that they're not using the same juiced balls in the postseason that they were using during the regular season.

So why would they do that? It would disadvantage the Indians, Yankees, Astros and Dodgers.

Actually the only two playoffs teams which were outside the top 10 teams in total HRs are Washington at #13 with 231 HRs and Cardinals at #24 with 210 HRs.

The WC teams were the A's at #5 and Brewers at #7.

Certainly the HRs helped teams get to the playoffs. But already Indians and Dodgers have been knocked out, two of the top teams in HRs.

Of course the best pitchers are pitching more innings in a series than they would over a 4-7 game stretch in the regular season.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers