ImageImageImageImageImage

2016 Regular Season Thread

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,661

Re: 2016 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1761 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:43 pm

Neddy wrote:Christ. place McCarthy on DL if he is hurt enough for Dave to bring out the trainer to get him off the hook with 1 2/3 innings of work. 2 hits given up with 3 Ks while allowing whopping 5 BBs and 1 beanball.

and what's with this guy Fields? three balls off the bat with the bases loaded? throw a go throw a goddamn strike!!!!!

This is how I was screaming at the TV yesterday in that Fields scenario.

Glad the bullpen came in and shut it down.

2 things:
1) Good luck Brett Anderson coming off of surgery (and thank God you cant do back to back QOs on a player).

2) Reddick is batting 2nd once again with Turner out of the lineup. I have no problem with this move. I hope he stops pressing. We're not going to take him out of RF..
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#1762 » by Neddy » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:30 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
2) Reddick is batting 2nd once again with Turner out of the lineup. I have no problem with this move. I hope he stops pressing. We're not going to take him out of RF..

why not try him batting lead off? he had a good looking drag bunt. I hate having a subpar player or a slumping player batting in the 2 hole. if he has to hit in the top half of the lineup, let his speed and grit shine. otherwise we should put him in the 7th hole or even 8th hole when AJ is not playing. the approach at the plate does change when your goal is getting on base rather than drive in runs...

against RHP starter,

1. L RF Reddick
2. L SS Seager
3. R 3B Turner
4. L 1B Gonzo
5. S C Grandal
6. L CF Pederson
7. R LF Kendrick
8. L 2B Utley

if not swap Utley and Reddick.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1763 » by Neddy » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:22 pm

wow everything is a flyball. whatever happened to the 66% groundball rate Anderson?

5-0 already.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1764 » by Neddy » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:05 pm

as for right now, Brock Stewart is the better pitcher than Brett Anderson. of course when Brett is 100% healthy, he is the best in all baseball in terms of inducing ground balls, but Brock should get the start in Anferson's spot for now.

And another folly out in the RF by Reddick. does anybody else miss Puig's defense out there?
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1765 » by Neddy » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:47 pm

damn. at least the Gnats lost too.

this upcoming week is going to be the most important stretch of the season not counting the 9 remaining games against the giants.

after this loss, we have for the rest of the season, 26 away games and 19 home games to go.

the giants have 25 home games and 20 away games to go.

if we are tied going into the 3 game series in 8 days, we would be 19/19 H/A left and they would have 18/19 H/A games left.

the next 7 games will change everything, and the most significant part of this season barring the head to head 9 games we have left.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1766 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:00 pm

Should have took the precautions with Rich Hill early in August.

He'd be pitching now. Why would you rush a blister only to find out later that precaution was the better route?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1767 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:43 pm

http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/splits/_/id/31392/joc-pederson

another person who's July and August splits should make us all proud.
maybe these guys were having trouble implementing Turner Ward's advice early on and now it's working?
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1768 » by Neddy » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:06 am

Quake Griffin wrote:http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/splits/_/id/31392/joc-pederson

another person who's July and August splits should make us all proud.
maybe these guys were having trouble implementing Turner Ward's advice early on and now it's working?

yeah i caught that article a few days ago. great to see him get acclimated with the art of big league hitting after such miserable second half of last season.

BTW guys, we have the sole place on the top of the NLW tonight after tying the season record for most runs in a game and the Gnats getting their home stand ruined with Kang's game winning home run. looking forward to see them get swept tomorrow afternoon and coming home to watch the dodgers sweep the lowly Phillies with another heroics and curtain call for Utley in Pennsylvania.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1769 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:03 pm

Admittedly, I was up at midnight watching that and I thought the Pirates blew it once Posey threw Cutch out trying to steal 2nd.

KANG BABY!
You can whip Dodger ass all you want, just give it to that team up north too.

and I just posted Joc's splits on ESPN.
Was this the article you thought I posted?

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/joc-pedersons-taken-the-difficult-step/
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1770 » by Neddy » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:54 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Admittedly, I was up at midnight watching that and I thought the Pirates blew it once Posey threw Cutch out trying to steal 2nd.

KANG BABY!
You can whip Dodger ass all you want, just give it to that team up north too.

and I just posted Joc's splits on ESPN.
Was this the article you thought I posted?

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/joc-pedersons-taken-the-difficult-step/

yep, that's it.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1771 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:57 pm

Last night's game was completely winnable.

I don't think Grant Dayton has earned that spot given his history with whoever that RH hitter was for Philly. Guy promptly got on base and then we got burned. Now that's 2 sweeps from Philly he's given up. I just hope his psyche isn't ruined.

Big series in Cincinnati. They've been playing well since the ASB and I believe Votto is being Votto. They will be tough.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Lost Cause 

Post#1772 » by Ranma » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:30 am

Brett Anderson is a shipwreck. I was hoping we'd get a compensatory 1st-round pick for him in the offseason, but he's not worth the qualifying offer based on his dismal performance. Might as well cut our losses with him.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Re: Lost Cause 

Post#1773 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:57 am

Ranma wrote:Brett Anderson is a shipwreck. I was hoping we'd get a compensatory 1st-round pick for him in the offseason, but he's not worth the qualifying offer based on his dismal performance. Might as well cut our losses with him.

he never should have been given the QO. That was the easiest decision of last winter and I have no idea how our FO did something that stupid.

Brett: You really thought someone would waste a 1st on me after my injury history and abysmal failure in the playoffs? LOL. Thanks for the 15.8 mill (25.8 mill total), I'm never going hungry again no matter what happens.
Neddy
RealGM

Re: Lost Cause 

Post#1774 » by Neddy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:51 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
Ranma wrote:Brett Anderson is a shipwreck. I was hoping we'd get a compensatory 1st-round pick for him in the offseason, but he's not worth the qualifying offer based on his dismal performance. Might as well cut our losses with him.

he never should have been given the QO. That was the easiest decision of last winter and I have no idea how our FO did something that stupid.

Brett: You really thought someone would waste a 1st on me after my injury history and abysmal failure in the playoffs? LOL. Thanks for the 15.8 mill (25.8 mill total), I'm never going hungry again no matter what happens.

I can't wait until we bring up Jose De Leon.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1775 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:20 pm

1 game up going into tomorrow.

Unbelievable.

Rich Hill on Wednesday...

Let's go!!!!
beat these boys like their daddy used to.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1776 » by Neddy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:15 am

Quake Griffin wrote:beat these boys like their daddy used to.

my wife says "hell yeah" :D

not sure if she was ever beaten by her daddy but... yeah... okay.......

anywho, I watched the game on my phone in between my patients and I got to actually watch all 3 of Gonzo's homeruns today. awesome to see our mainman the mr. clean up finally get his power back. come playoffs all of our position players will have a double digit HR plus one bech guy, as long as Trayce Thompson recovers from his vertebrae fracture to join the team in October.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1777 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:51 am

De Leon struck out 10 in seven scoreless innings, and took a no-hitter into the seventh inning on Monday. He threw 88 pitches. He walked none.

Cannot wait until our homegrown SP staff becomes a reality.
Kershaw
Urias
Maeda/DeLeon
DeLeon/Maeda
Strip

With young flame thrower Yadier waiting in the wings....Buehler and Sheff who I expect to be fast tracked....and other cats to round out our pen like Brock Stewart, DeJong.

Neddy
RealGM

Post#1778 » by Neddy » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:33 am

man you are forgetting Kazmir has two more years on his deal and Ryu can still come back next season... but yeah I love the depth we have on this franchise. we also have the $$$ to retain Rich hill for a heavy annual per on a short term deal, something like 55 million for 2 years with a 1 million buy out plus a team option of 3rd year on 25 mil, if we wanted to...

Kershaw
Hill
Maeda
Ryu
Urias
De Leon
Kazmir
McCarthy
Wood
Strip

I dont think we are gonna resign Brett Anderson or Bud Norris back, but we still have Trevor Oaks, Yadier Alvarez, Brock Stewart, Walker Buehler, and yes, Chase DeJong.
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Looking Forward to Hill's Dodgers Debut 

Post#1779 » by Ranma » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:08 pm

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1780 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:04 am

Dave does Neddy's favorite and yanks Hill after 6 scoreless to make sure he leaves on a good note in his 1st start.

Game is left to the pen.

Come on Baez.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers