ImageImageImageImageImage

matt magill's MLB debut

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

matt magill's MLB debut 

Post#1 » by Neddy » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:45 pm

what a performance by our rookie that made emergency start for a guy who was supposed to be an emergency starter. but that's the way our season has gone so far.

matt magill has good stuff, nice combo of both 4 seam and 2 seam fastballs and a decent curve, ok change up. his control seemed effectively wild, but was lucky to get away with 2 runs alone. he could have won the game though, and probably, should have.

overall i like this kid a lot. it almost seems like as chad billingsly is fading out quick in dodger blue after years of hype and inconsistency, we pretty much brought up the same guy but younger with no hype around him. i expect magill to break the rotation maybe from 2014 and spot start this year until we get our big contract guys back from their injury.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: matt magill's MLB debut 

Post#2 » by Neddy » Tue May 14, 2013 4:54 am

when greinke is back, i want mcgill to replace beckett. trade him to japan like in the tom sellick movie "mr baseball" although i know that's not possible under current rules. hell, send him to taiwanese league for all i care. get him out of dodger blue. we should have never taken on this guy's contract last year, or at least have the rox to pay most of his salary.
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers