ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Ethier?

Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Trade Ethier? 

Post#1 » by Quake Griffin » Fri May 24, 2013 1:58 am

Mattingly left him out of the lineup on getaway day and said he's playing the guys that he feels will compete the hardest.

Ethier had a HR and a triple in game 1 of the series.
but Ethier took exception to the comment....so there might be a few Jimmies rustled in the locker room.

I'd get rid of his deal for a 3rd baseman and bring up Yasiel.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Trade Ethier? 

Post#2 » by Neddy » Fri May 24, 2013 2:24 am

considering how crawford's deal is next to impossible to trade, ethier may be the one to go. i don't know if it's andre's fault that we've been sucking but benching somebody among who' who did help spark up the offense.

but honestly, there isn't any 3rd baseman that is on the market worth taking. we ain't getting miguel or pablo with ethier as bait, and polancos and prados in the world won't help us much... only 3rd base i think is worthy of a move is chase headley, but SD will be more demanding of a division rival than teams from elsewhere.

ethier +magill +onelki garcia for headley type of a deal while we eat most of ethier's contract is what we are probably gonna be looking at... is it worth it? that depends.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#3 » by Quake Griffin » Fri May 24, 2013 3:46 am

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9306865

this video talks about how there was a meeting until 1 AM after the loss to Milwaukee on tuesday.
how Don and the brass are on the same page and he's not getting fired.

sorry Ned.
hang in there.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#4 » by Kilroy » Fri May 24, 2013 3:44 pm

Maybe some rustled jimmies in the locker room could be a good thing. Sometimes an adversarial relationship with the GM can get the team on the same page. I think there may be more going on with the Dodgers than that, but I'd let it ride for a while and see what shakes out.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Neddy
RealGM

Post#5 » by Neddy » Fri May 24, 2013 11:07 pm

some rustled jimmies won't fix donnie's odd timing of changing pitchers and illogical double switches. i just wish donnie would keep all these garbage in-house like old tommy used to do, and not let dirty laundry all hang out in plain view of media and public.

just like your sig says, kilroy, i just want donnie to shut up and win. if not, go home.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#6 » by Quake Griffin » Sat May 25, 2013 6:06 pm

I want Ian Kinsler.

we need to make that deal happen.
I have 0 beef with Mark Ellis....but Kinsler has more pop in his bat...and Mark Ellis's glove is better...but enough for me to turn down that OPS.

Kinsler can move Crawford down to the 2-hole as well since he's been batting lead off for Texas for a while.

Kinsler
Crawford
Kemp
Gonzalez
Hanley/ Andre
Andre/ Hanley
Punto
Ellis

Punto is my 3B for the year once Hanley gets back...i don't want to fool around with Uribe anymore...he annoys me...i hope he hurts his back or some ****.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#7 » by Neddy » Sat May 25, 2013 11:57 pm

Ian is their best hitter. he is the only one above .300 BA, 7 HRs i think, and better than .350 OBP with .500 SLG. among those with more than 100 at bats. i don't know if the deal is possible.
if it is and we get him, i see ian actually batting 3rd for us.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#8 » by Quake Griffin » Sun May 26, 2013 12:13 am

Neddy wrote:Ian is their best hitter. he is the only one above .300 BA, 7 HRs i think, and better than .350 OBP with .500 SLG. among those with more than 100 at bats. i don't know if the deal is possible.
if it is and we get him, i see ian actually batting 3rd for us.

whoa whoa whoa.

slow the roll bro.
i brought this up because of the profar call up....they aren't going to get rid of Andrus to make room for Profar...Kinsler is the odd man out.

but why would Kinsler bat 3rd?
he'd be fine at lead off.
and I wouldn't have to deal with where to hide (bat) dee anymore once hanley gets healthy.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#9 » by Neddy » Sun May 26, 2013 12:17 am

because we don't have a player who can bat better than .300 who can also hit 7 HRs. hell we don't have a player who can hit 5 HRs yet in our 3-4-5.

what's the point of having two players on top of the lineup to lead the team in HRs and OBP if we don't have batters to bring them home? both players would be better serving the team if they were in position to get RBIs.

maybe I'm just turning very bitter against Ned and Donnie.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#10 » by Quake Griffin » Sun May 26, 2013 12:21 am

Adrian gets guys in...his power is just gone.
idunnolol with kemp anymore.
and Haney has some pop, i honestly can't wait til he gets back.

plus Texas is a hitter's park....eff that video game stadium (although i haven't looked at Kinsler's splits).

btw...when Hanley gets back.
who plays SS? him or Punto?
Neddy
RealGM

Post#11 » by Neddy » Sun May 26, 2013 12:38 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Adrian gets guys in...his power is just gone.
idunnolol with kemp anymore.
and Haney has some pop, i honestly can't wait til he gets back.

plus Texas is a hitter's park....eff that video game stadium (although i haven't looked at Kinsler's splits).

btw...when Hanley gets back.
who plays SS? him or Punto?

gonna have to deal with hanley at SS. his defensive ratings at 3rd base is far more disgusting than at SS but we will need his bat.

i am now convinced that Ned assembled a team that blew up the salary without a purpose in his logic... as usual. despite our 217 million payroll, our defense is still weak up the middle, we traded for a 1B knowing he is losing his power, and never had any speed. adrian right now is a good 5th batter but as a 3rd he is too slow and clogs up the basepath, have no power for a clean up hitter. beckett has been a disaster, and crawford is doing well now, but his contract will last another 5 years into his late 30s and he is a player who relied on his athleticism rather than a strong skillset in any aspect of his game. i truly feel we could have spent that guggenheim money far better efficiently and effectively. we've had big names since last year in our lineup but let's face it, this is the same team that was dwelling at the very bottom offensively in the league. we have not gotten better, and we won't get better as our core players will only get older and regress. pitching is the only way to save ourselves, and we need 2 more starters, 2 relief pitchers we can depend on, and 1 closer. we are 5 pitchers away from a dominant pitching staff to carry our weak, overrated powerless lineup.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#12 » by Neddy » Sun May 26, 2013 1:35 am

i wonder which will come first... bellisario being optioned or his visa being revoked.......
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#13 » by Quake Griffin » Sun May 26, 2013 1:43 am

beautiful watching Mark Ellis double and Crawford fly from 1st to home.
I've been wanting to see some 1st to 3rds and 1st to homes for this team.

once Hanley gets back...our defense wont be great but it will be set.
and that's all i really want....a set defense at this point
tim and buck were discussing the 18 different 3b, 2b and SS combos we've had.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#14 » by Quake Griffin » Sun May 26, 2013 1:44 am

question.

am i the only one who notices that we have trouble when a pitcher throws 95 or harder?
wth.

our whole team just gets blown away.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#15 » by Neddy » Sun May 26, 2013 1:46 am

Quake Griffin wrote:question.

am i the only one who notices that we have trouble when a pitcher throws 95 or harder?
wth.

our whole team just gets blown away.

lack of HRs for previous HR hitters come from losing bat speed. makes sense we struggle against elite fastballers. by the way the game is not on directv here in oregon. sucks when we are at least competitive, which is more than i expected with lilly on the mound.
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers