ImageImageImageImageImage

dodgers about to lose a billion

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

dodgers about to lose a billion 

Post#1 » by Neddy » Fri May 31, 2013 1:41 am

It appears that the Los Angeles Dodgers are about to lose $1 billion in future earnings.
The evaporating profits is the increase in the amount of money the team will have to share with Major League Baseball from its new $7 billion, 25-year television deal with Time Warner Cable TWC +0.91%, which begins next season and includes the cable company and baseball team starting a new regional sports network..................

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian ... ner-cable/

now the TV deal will barely cover the salary, and doesn't frank still own the parking lot? guggenheim and magic will need more partners to buy in to ever decreasing profit margin of this doyers business.

JOB WELL DONE NED COLLETTI you have spent so wisely to produce the highest paid team ever to be the worst of NLW and by looks of it we don't really have "blank check" budget anymore.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Re: dodgers about to lose a billion 

Post#2 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Jun 5, 2013 1:17 am

says they're reworking the deal though
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#3 » by Neddy » Wed Jun 5, 2013 2:37 am

read until the very last paragraph.
the New York Post is reporting the Dodgers are reworking their deal with TWC, apparently conceding that another $1 billion or so will be subject to MLB’s revenue sharing formula.
ehhhhh f it.
Tylerfisher51
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#4 » by Tylerfisher51 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:37 pm

Does that mean since I have dish network I won't be able to watch my dodgers next season?
Neddy
RealGM

Post#5 » by Neddy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:37 am

yeah, probably from next season.
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers