ImageImageImageImageImage

I'll just go ahead and say it

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

I'll just go ahead and say it 

Post#1 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:52 pm

As of right now, Matt Kemp is the worst contract in baseball.

Things may change...but as it stands now...it's him and it isn't close.

Good thing one WS ring can validate any deal (ask Barry Zito).

But he will never be good in Center and if he can't hit for power or steal bases, he's just stealing checks at this point
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: I'll just go ahead and say it 

Post#2 » by Neddy » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:37 pm

6 bases and 2 RBIs in 1 inning with a HR and a double.
he just maybe coming back. i am going to sit out and wait for the judgement for now.

BTW looks like ethier is getting his mojo back as crawford is dropping fast. it's gonna be interesting now we have 4 starters in the outfield.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#3 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:51 pm

Neddy wrote:6 bases and 2 RBIs in 1 inning with a HR and a double.
he just maybe coming back. i am going to sit out and wait for the judgement for now.

BTW looks like ethier is getting his mojo back as crawford is dropping fast. it's gonna be interesting now we have 4 starters in the outfield.

and as Puig is in a mini-slump.

go matthew.
i love being proven wrong when it benefits my team.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#4 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:55 pm

3rd hit of the day.

I'm just going to go ahead and delete this thread.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#5 » by Kilroy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:56 pm

When I heard he got hurt after his comeback, I thought the same thing, but I think it's too early to tell...
Plus I haven't locked a Dodger thread in a while... Good times.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#6 » by Kilroy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:56 pm

He's still hurt... So yeah...
Time to unlock
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#7 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:24 pm

my thought for the longest time is that he needed time for his shoulder to heal and get as close as possible to 100%.

Ive rolled my ankle at least 1000 times. and by 1000 times i mean anywhere from about 8-12 times.
no way, when i saw him roll his ankle like that, did i believe he was going to be out for over a month.

my only hope is that he can be a decent player when he gets back.
or that Mattingly can spot his flaws early and keep his flaws from ruining the chemistry.

because Ethier is not playing a bad CF so far.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#8 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Sep 7, 2013 4:49 am

so he goes 0-18 in a rehab assignment in A ball.

then he hurts his hamstring again?
He's the only player where I srsly question the extent of his injuries. I don't know the CBA rules on injuries/ faking them....but call me crazy for not believing his hamstring is in a bad way.

It's very odd how we were arguing about who would be the odd man out...Ethier or Crawford. It appears now...FOR THE TIME BEING, with Andre playing better CF defense than kemp, that Kemp is the odd man out.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Post#9 » by TyCobb » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:53 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:my thought for the longest time is that he needed time for his shoulder to heal and get as close as possible to 100%.

This is mine as well. He's struggled in the time he has come back and instead of the Dodgers creating problems with OF playing time they are using every little excuse to let him get completely healthy. It'll be interesting to see if they move him, or one of the other OF's this offseason though. Puig stole his Dodger swag.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,076

Post#10 » by Frank Dux » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:38 am

It may not be the absolute worst(That belongs to the Angels very own Albert Pujols), but it's definitely up there, maybe the 2nd worst. I hated the signing at the time, as he was coming off an MVP caliber year where his power numbers, and production spiked a considerable amount. How convenient that it also happened to be a contract year for him. I suspect PED usage, it wouldn't surprise me at all, given the money at stake.

Matt Kemp is a large reason why the Los Angeles Dodgers are not in the world series. He's our highest paid bat, he's supposed to be our MVP power hitter, and while we had the rotation to win it all, our offense ended up dooming us.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#11 » by Neddy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:32 am

i hear you and i agree with most of what you are saying, but matt wasn't the highest paid batsman. gonzo was at 21.8 this year. carl was the second at 20.8. hanley and michael young came in close to matt at 18+ each, and matt was in the middle of these fivesome at 20 even.
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers