ImageImageImageImageImage

Community thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Community thread 

Post#21 » by Neddy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:00 pm

oh man, I missed Dick's passing... RIP, one of the greats ever at his profession.

is Pat Summerall still alive?
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#22 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:57 am

Neddy wrote:oh man, I missed Dick's passing... RIP, one of the greats ever at his profession.

is Pat Summerall still alive?

Passed a few years back.

I’m old enough to have Pat-Madden called football games be a part of my childhood....and Madden 64 IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#23 » by Neddy » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:51 pm

hey guys, sorry for my lengthy absence. you guys know about my surgery which went well, but now my mother's dying. I have been travelling up and down between my home here in Oregon to my mom's in LA, just came back and going back down on 4th of July weekend again, hoping she is still alive for me to see her 1 more time before she goes.

also, when I was watching every game, we were losing almost all of it. now I haven't been watching and the team is doing well. this damn baseball Jinx-illogic has made a mental block on top of that not to watch games for the sake of the team.
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Post#24 » by Ranma » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:31 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your mother, Neddy. I'm at a loss for words.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#25 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:05 am

You have my condolences Neddy.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#26 » by Neddy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:11 am

thanks, dudes. but she has been battling cancer for a very long time, and in fact was given 6 months to live about 4 years ago. so she has beaten many odds already. but today my old man says since my last visit, she has been deteriorating rapidly and hardly can move out of the bed anymore. eating has become a major choir.

always tell your mothers how much you love them, they won't always be around, you know. I was actually raised by my maternal grandmother, and having watched her pass away long ago, I have learned this fact that those who loved you the most, won't wait around for you to return the favor.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#27 » by Neddy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:25 am

my mother was put under medically induced coma tonight. her body may live for another week, but her mind has passed on.
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM

Post#28 » by Ranma » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:41 am

My heartfelt condolences, Neddy.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Neddy
RealGM

Re: 

Post#29 » by Neddy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:49 am

Ranma wrote:My heartfelt condolences, Neddy.

thanks, bro.
ehhhhh f it.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#30 » by Kilroy » Tue Jul 3, 2018 3:12 am

Sorry Neddy. Even when it ends a tough struggle, it's still hard to watch loved ones leave.
Condolences.

I've been lurking and watching an occasional game, but I've been over-extended lately. Stayed in Florida with the family for about 10days (Not Disney) and met a Cubs fan there when we were playing them.
It's funny, when I travel with my Dodgers hat I always meet either fellow Dodger fans, or Cubs fans... Those two fanbases seem to be everywhere and are the most likely to come up and talk to me about the hat.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Neddy
RealGM

Post#31 » by Neddy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:27 am

Kilroy wrote:Sorry Neddy. Even when it ends a tough struggle, it's still hard to watch loved ones leave.
Condolences.

I've been lurking and watching an occasional game, but I've been over-extended lately. Stayed in Florida with the family for about 10days (Not Disney) and met a Cubs fan there when we were playing them.
It's funny, when I travel with my Dodgers hat I always meet either fellow Dodger fans, or Cubs fans... Those two fanbases seem to be everywhere and are the most likely to come up and talk to me about the hat.

I read this post of yours while back, but I dunno why it was so hard for me to come back to it to give you a +1
ehhhhh f it.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#32 » by Kilroy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:20 am

Buying a house in Orange... Should be back in SoCal in a month... My mind spins at the thought.
Ranma
RealGM

Howdy, Neighbor 

Post#33 » by Ranma » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:36 am

Nice. I live in Orange County as well so it'll be cool to have a board member living close by.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#34 » by Kilroy » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:30 am

Daughter just got accepted to college... First choice, first application... Total long-shot school...
What do you tell a kid like that?... Too easy... I've been preaching backup plans all summer and fall, and not getting caught up in one school.
Downside is she didn't pick a cheap first option... But still quite proud.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#35 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:50 pm

Kilroy wrote:Daughter just got accepted to college... First choice, first application... Total long-shot school...
What do you tell a kid like that?... Too easy... I've been preaching backup plans all summer and fall, and not getting caught up in one school.

Tell her to be a Gaucho or you won't support her through undergrad.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#36 » by Kilroy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:38 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
Kilroy wrote:Daughter just got accepted to college... First choice, first application... Total long-shot school...

Tell her to be a Gaucho or you won't support her through undergrad.

I did... I lost. :lol:

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers