ImageImageImageImageImage

we got Fausto Carmona

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

we got Fausto Carmona 

Post#1 » by Neddy » Fri Aug 8, 2014 8:10 am

... aka Roberto Hernandez, is anyone holding their breath? I guess as a 5th starter, we could do worse, but I personally don't think he will be a difference maker. his HR/ isn't too bad, then you read nearly 1.4 WHIP and 4.5-ish FIP, his ground ball to flyball ratio doesn't seem where it used to be when he was called Carmona.

all in all, at least we didn't burn anyone's service time just before the september call up and we didn't give up any important prospects or pieces to add to our very back end of the rotation.

BUT HOW ABOUT SOME BULLPEN HELP??? :banghead:
ehhhhh f it.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Re: we got Fausto Carmona 

Post#2 » by Kilroy » Fri Aug 8, 2014 3:17 pm

I think it was a necessary and reasonable move with Becket likely going down for an extended amount of time. Not sure which prospects we gave but I think it was a solid pickup without impacting our future too much...
We'll see how the change of scenery effects him.

Hear you about the bullpen though.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: we got Fausto Carmona 

Post#3 » by Neddy » Fri Aug 8, 2014 10:08 pm

Kilroy wrote:I think it was a necessary and reasonable move with Becket likely going down for an extended amount of time. Not sure which prospects we gave but I think it was a solid pickup without impacting our future too much...
We'll see how the change of scenery effects him.

Hear you about the bullpen though.

I think bringing up Zach, Red, Magill, or Reed(even fife) could have been a decent option as well, as we only have about 45 games left and with day offs, the 5th starter would be needed for about 6 starts. that's it. we could have covered the 6 starts between our AAA players plus Reed who has been starting and playing very well for our AA club.

i do however, understand the idea of keeping the farmhand down in farms until we must, to save the clock ticking a year or two too early. I hope that we got Carmona aka Hernandez for cash, and if it has to be two players PTBNL, they are not anyone with high ceiling regardless how low of a level they dip down to. I can part ways with Magill and Fife, as neither have high enough of ceiling to be much but have enough quality to be a fringe MLB starter. but say, if they are Yimi Garcia and Kyle Farmer, I would be pissed to no end.
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers