ImageImageImageImageImage

2015 season dodgers game thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: 2015 season dodgers game thread 

Post#361 » by Neddy » Fri Sep 4, 2015 3:04 am

Quake Griffin wrote:sorry Ned. I can vouch (somewhat lol) on how hard it is to find the right kinda help as a dental assistant and how a lead assistant/ manager if theyre good enough is crucial.

thanks, your pops and I really need to sit down one of these days over a (few) bottle(s) of wine and talk about being UCSF grads to all the drama we go through, while running our own offices.
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Dynamic Debut 

Post#362 » by Ranma » Fri Sep 4, 2015 4:37 am

Corey Seager is the real deal. Even though he watched a called 3rd strike in his 1st at-bat, he had a measured approach at the plate even if you could see hints of having butterflies in his stomach at the beginning. The kid is now 2-3 with a double, 2 RBI's, 2 runs scored and we're only in the 6th inning. He was both smart and aggressive on the basebaths and hasn't stood out defensively just yet, which I guess is good in being a solid presence at SS.

Also, keep in mind that Seager has always had an adjustment period at every level of pro-ball before settling in, so I expect him to struggle some before righting the ship, but that doesn't take into account the rookie wall. On the plus side, he's got untapped power that is going to develop as he ages. The future is bright with this kid.

However, the umps couldn't help themselves from marring the occasion with a couple of bad calls. The safe ruling on the double play was bad, the subsequent replay reinforcing it was atrocious. I stepped out of the room and missed the would-be 3rd strike call to end the inning but I saw the video below, which is questionable. Life-sucking incompetents!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ScottWarner18/status/639655461973794816[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ScottWarner18/status/639656317217456128[/tweet]
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,644

Post#363 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Sep 4, 2015 5:06 am

SMFH

Jim Johnson strikes again.

Still blaming the ump for blowing that neighborhood play.
That changed the entire momentum of the game.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#364 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Sep 4, 2015 5:41 am

Even with the **** call in the bottom of the 6th.

I won't forgive this bullpen for blowing Seager's debut unless a World Series victory goes up.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Winning Mentality Comes Before Winning 

Post#365 » by Ranma » Fri Sep 4, 2015 8:00 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Even with the **** call in the bottom of the 6th.

I won't forgive this bullpen for blowing Seager's debut unless a World Series victory goes up.

I'm totally on the same page. Yes, that was a crap call by the umpiring crew and MLB video replay headquarters, but we still had a 2-run lead with 3 innings left of work. Adversity comes in all forms and at any time, particularly late in games. The Cardinals keep beating us in the postseason and the Giants have won 3 World Series titles in the past 5 years because they don't let obstacles--anticipated or otherwise--keep them from charging through. How can we expect to get past such tough competitors if we don't man up when the situation calls for it?

Seager was almost the catalyst and difference for us to win tonight, but we have too many players on this team who don't know how to win, so we should stop importing losers like Jim Johnson and Mat Latos (see below). I don't want Seager learning the wrong things from the wrong guys, which is why I am so jazzed to have a veteran with moxie like Utley on the team. We need more of him and **** on the team.

Kershaw is a bulldog competitor but he still needs to learn how to be clutch. However, he's also poised to breakthrough in that regard. Clayton may be our best pitcher (and the best in baseball) but Greinke is our go-to guy in the postseason given his proven record.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/markasaxon/status/639687526370967552[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/molly_knight/status/639689671727935488[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/billplunkettocr/status/639680520352231424[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/molly_knight/status/639691376259522560[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeHiserman/status/639694331910033408[/tweet]

LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Neddy
RealGM

Re: Winning Mentality Comes Before Winning 

Post#366 » by Neddy » Sat Sep 5, 2015 2:13 am

Ranma wrote:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeHiserman/status/639694331910033408[/tweet]

how quickly some forget the prize of the deal was Peraza, Jim Johnson, and Wood. MIke Morse's contract was the price we had to pay and took a flier on a salary dump called Latos. at the time it was a brilliant deal, especially if Olivera's health is in doubt.

So Latos didn't work out, good riddance, and Magic Mike got to rest his arm well for a month and half just tossing some warm up innings to keep it loose, now the real race starts and we got 5 starters that gives us a chance to win, from top to bottom of our 5 men rotation. Latos can do some mop up duties if still on the roster, or given some starts if we do go with a 6 man rotation going into the playoffs.

BTW I laughed when Nomar said since Rollins was put back as our lead off, we have gone 19-12, pointing out Jimmy's .300 OBP during that span. what a regular Juan Pierre!

WOW CARL IS A MONSTER SHOT I did not see that coming :o
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#367 » by Neddy » Sat Sep 5, 2015 2:40 am

wasn't that Schebler's first Major's hit? and it's a monster HR.

this is the reason why this year's roster was patched up with dead weight contracts that are expiring, now we need to find a spot in the lineup for Scottie too hottie next season somehow. this upcoming off season will be very interesting.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#368 » by Neddy » Sat Sep 5, 2015 2:43 am

just checked, and he got his first hit on that one game he started on June 5th. he got his man I am not aging gracefully...
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#369 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Sep 5, 2015 3:16 am

Ranma.

Don't forget Latos is the dude who made public remarks about Cincinnati's organization earlier this year while with the Marlins.

He is a loser and a cancer. IDC about having proven players. Too many times in baseball we've seen the team thats we behind the ears get the job done. I do care about having losers like that on my team. Cut bait with him and move on. I'm dead srs. **** Latos.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#370 » by Neddy » Sat Sep 5, 2015 5:24 am

BTW my post about Latos was a reply to MIke Hesirman and not to Ranma. thought I clarify.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#371 » by Neddy » Sat Sep 5, 2015 5:26 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Ranma.

Don't forget Latos is the dude who made public remarks about Cincinnati's organization earlier this year while with the Marlins.

He is a loser and a cancer. IDC about having proven players. Too many times in baseball we've seen the team thats we behind the ears get the job done. I do care about having losers like that on my team. Cut bait with him and move on. I'm dead srs. **** Latos.

Better yet, the OKC Dodgers are in playoffs and just lost most of their key players to Sept call up to the bigs. send down Latos and let him be the Ace of OKC, lets see if he talks **** about his former team (that would be the big league dodgers lol)
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#372 » by Neddy » Sat Sep 5, 2015 5:56 am

one more thing, I am having a nice plate of crow for my Chase Utley comments, at least for tonight. he was the man. great work on breaking up that double play.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#373 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Sep 5, 2015 6:20 am

Neddy wrote:one more thing, I am having a nice plate of crow for my Chase Utley comments, at least for tonight. he was the man. great work on breaking up that double play.

We just gonna pretend he didn't have what turned out to be the GW homer vs. the Giants?

http://m.dodgers.mlb.com/lad/video/v444065083/sflad-utley-hits-first-dodgers-homer-for-lead/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU
Neddy
RealGM

Post#374 » by Neddy » Sat Sep 5, 2015 5:37 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
Neddy wrote:one more thing, I am having a nice plate of crow for my Chase Utley comments, at least for tonight. he was the man. great work on breaking up that double play.

We just gonna pretend he didn't have what turned out to be the GW homer vs. the Giants?

http://m.dodgers.mlb.com/lad/video/v444065083/sflad-utley-hits-first-dodgers-homer-for-lead/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU

not a single hit or a long ball, but every at bat and every situational play, he hustled and he made them happen tonight. I scuffed at the lineup card when I was his name as the cleanup hitter but he did what he was supposed to do. I thought his plate discipline was crucial to our success, broke up that double play to keep the rally going where he had to come back out diagonally, from 2 feet inside the diamond to about 6 feet out towards the outfield at the last second, his last home run was actually the least impressive thing he did, as we have already gone two two run jacks by that time. in fact, without that HR, Jensen would have gotten a save. but overall play, this is was the first game I was impressed from his first at bat to his last at bat while not getting let down on D, and his base running and decision making skills were flawless... at least this night. on 9/4/15, he was a man among boys.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#375 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Sep 5, 2015 6:44 pm

Do you guys want Seager on the playoff roster or no?

I think it's a conversation we need to have.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#376 » by Neddy » Sat Sep 5, 2015 6:59 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Do you guys want Seager on the playoff roster or no?

I think it's a conversation we need to have.

I think the answer is whether or not being on the playoff roster makes a year of eligibility evaporate, for our FO at least.

as for the team and us the fans, I think it's a no brainer. ****'s hammy is out for season, may or may not be ready by the first round. we don't need 5 starters so there is a room for one more position player anyhow. the real question to me is whether Peraza is going to make it if **** is a no go. outside of Joc, Jose is the best CF we currently have that is not on DL. do we want to go into the divisional series with just Joc as our CF?
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#377 » by Neddy » Sat Sep 5, 2015 7:11 pm

shall we play the playoff roster game? let's see who's roster comes close.

Im gonna say

Greinke - Kershaw - Anderson - Wood as our starters
Bolsinger as the long man
Nicasio - Johnson - Avilan - Howell - Garcia as relief
Jensen as the closer.

that's 11 pitchers.

Grandal - Ellis
Gonzo - Utley - Jimmy - Turner - Kendrick - Seager - Peraza
Ethier - Joc - Carl - SVS

that's 13 position players.

the last roster spot, IF Puig is healthy, it's his. IF Puig is not healthy but **** is, it's his. if both are still injured, it's Alex Guerrero as PH.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#378 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Sep 6, 2015 5:42 pm

Starters:
Kershaw
Greinke
Anderson
Wood

Relief:
Nicasio…long man
Johnson
Avilan
Howell
Yimi
Hatcher
Kenley

12 pitchers

Position players:
Grandal
Ellis
Gonzo
Kendrick
Utley
J. Roll
Turner
Joc
Puig
Ethier
Peraza
SVS

13 position players.

12 pitchers. 2 lefties out of the pen.
1 long man. a closer.
we'll figure out who the 8th inning guy is.
2 catchers.
very flexible IF, OF and 4 pinch runners on any given night (Utley, ****, Peraza, Carl).

Love Magic Mike….but I need to see him come out of the pen at the major league level before I trust him to carry me for 6 outs in the playoffs.
Hatcher has earned it since he's been back off the DL too.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#379 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Sep 6, 2015 8:07 pm

wtf at Turner at 2B.

are we drunk? That chubby oft-injured cat can't play an up the middle position anymore.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#380 » by Neddy » Sun Sep 6, 2015 8:38 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Starters:
Kershaw
Greinke
Anderson
Wood

Relief:
Nicasio…long man
Johnson
Avilan
Howell
Yimi
Hatcher
Kenley

that's 11 pitchers, dude.

but yeah if we go with 12 pitchers, both Magic Mike and Hatcher the Butcher should be on the roster.
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers