Yimi!!! Garcia.

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Yimi!!! Garcia. 

Post#1 » by Ranma » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:49 am

Eric Stephen, TrueBlueLA.com (4/14/15)
"He was one of those guys in the minor leagues that had success all the way though. His velocities aren't like the velocities that you'd think gets the punch outs he does," manager Don Mattingly explained. "But he's got a real action to his ball. It's one of the things with Andrew [Friedman, president of baseball operations] and the guys will talk about. We talk about spin rates and things like that."

Spin rates were not something that was brought up often, or even at all, in most managerial interviews I've heard in my four years of covering the team.

Garcia had a minor league strikeout rate of 29.2 percent. In the majors, in all of 15 innings, he's at 30.9 percent. All with a fastball that usually averages 91-92 mph, though this year has climbed over 93 mph, per Brooks Baseball.

"He's real interesting when you take a little deeper look at him instead of just the velocity," Mattingly said. "He's one of those guys that the ball gets on you different than other guys."

Yimi Garcia continues to Impress for Dodgers
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: 2015 season dodgers game thread 

Post#2 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:04 pm

Yimi is very impressive. Ticked 94 last on the gun last night.
had a couple that got away from AJ. I'm not familiar enough with him to know if that's a problem or he knew he could risk it because nobody was on.

Our pen isn't great but I already like it better than last year.
Hopefully Kenley can still be himself.

Guys concerned about McCarthy? Gave up 4 homers last night.
Tons of Ks though. Wasn't that impressive in his 1st start either. Wonder why he had YG on his 1st start and Ellis on his next start.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: 2015 season dodgers game thread 

Post#3 » by Neddy » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:38 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Yimi is very impressive. Ticked 94 last on the gun last night.
had a couple that got away from AJ. I'm not familiar enough with him to know if that's a problem or he knew he could risk it because nobody was on.

Our pen isn't great but I already like it better than last year.
Hopefully K
enley can still be himself.

Guys concerned about McCarthy? Gave up 4 homers last night.
Tons of Ks though. Wasn't that impressive in his 1st start either. Wonder why he had YG on his 1st start and Ellis on his next start.

I dunno why McCarthy is doing exactly what he did wrong for the first half of his last season. he is relying more on his four seamer and his location is high. he is consistently between the knees and the belt line and using a lot of in and out type of pitches for his strike outs. he should throw a heavy dose of two seam sinker that is flirting on the boarder line of the low strike zone and at least a half of it should not even be strikes. his four seam should be a "show me" pitch high and out of the zone, and breaking balls at the edges of the zone and be used more to lure a swing rather than to challenge hitters like he is a Clemens clone. I wanna see games where he goes 7 innings with 4 strike outs, 1/4 flyball to groundball ratio and 2-3 double plays turned giving up 2 earned runs.
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers