Dave Roberts

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Honeycutt Helps Hatcher 

Post#41 » by Ranma » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:22 am

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Re: Dave Roberts 

Post#42 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:11 am

Gotta wonder why Dave just gave the job to Joc?

I would have been perfectly fine with letting him compete with Trayce for the position and giving it to the winner.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#43 » by Neddy » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:34 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Gotta wonder why Dave just gave the job to Joc?

I would have been perfectly fine with letting him compete with Trayce for the position and giving it to the winner.

probably Joc is one of those cats where the talent is unquestionable and his problem is mostly mental?

Knowing that he has the comfort of the starting job locked up may relax him and stop pressing so much. I also noticed while I was in AZ that as soon as Joc got a good hit, Dave would pull him right away and replace him with Trayce. it appeared to me that either Joc was nursing a small injury, or Dave doesn't want to see his young talent lose his confidence. I think it might be the latter.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#44 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:44 am

Neddy wrote:

probably Joc is one of those cats where the talent is unquestionable and his problem is mostly mental?

Knowing that he has the comfort of the starting job locked up may relax him and stop pressing so much. I also noticed while I was in AZ that as soon as Joc got a good hit, Dave would pull him right away and replace him with Trayce. it appeared to me that either Joc was nursing a small injury, or Dave doesn't want to see his young talent lose his confidence. I think it might be the latter.

Any thoughts on Joc's new stance?

Looks awkward as hell
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#45 » by Neddy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:47 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Neddy wrote:

Looks awkward as hell

I dunno what you mean, I haven't seen him since I returned from AZ trip but the stands I saw of him there was very close to his early season form of last year. he is very upright as before, maybe his bat runs through the zone in a bit more compact motion, but other than that, I haven't noticed anything odd. can you please show me a vid?
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#46 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:52 pm

Neddy wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:
Neddy wrote:

Looks awkward as hell

I dunno what you mean, I haven't seen him since I returned from AZ trip but the stands I saw of him there was very close to his early season form of last year. he is very upright as before, maybe his bat runs through the zone in a bit more compact motion, but other than that, I haven't noticed anything odd. can you please show me a vid?

http://m.dodgers.mlb.com/lad/video/v553826083/ladcol-pederson-drives-in-a-pair-on-single-in-2nd/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU

this joint with his foot pointed outward.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

NL MOY 

Post#47 » by Ranma » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:57 pm

Bump as a culmination of his journey from rookie-manager hire to Manager of the Year.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Neddy
RealGM

Post#48 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:13 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Neddy wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Any thoughts on Joc's new stance?

Looks awkward as hell

http://m.dodgers.mlb.com/lad/video/v553826083/ladcol-pederson-drives-in-a-pair-on-single-in-2nd/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU

this joint with his foot pointed outward.

ha I missed this post for nearly a year.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Re: NL MOY 

Post#49 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:14 am

Ranma wrote:Bump as a culmination of his journey from rookie-manager hire to Manager of the Year.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I saw that our Vinny got the presidential medal of freedom. way to go!
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers