ImageImageImageImageImage

2016 postseason game thread

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: 2016 postseason game thread 

Post#1141 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 3, 2016 3:58 am

BombsquadSammy wrote:This has to be one of the most perfect baseball games of all time. Not one of the greatest necessarily, in terms of the baseball itself, but one of the most perfect, in terms of the historical significance going into the series and how it's all playing out. One could scarcely script a game so perfectly.

with a little help from MLB umpire crew along the way to make this match up happen too. that mid outside pitch to right handed batters by 6 inches were called a ball the entire night against Kluber and eventually knocked him out of the game, but it was suddenly a K pitch for Lester.

I know what you are saying about the circumstances, but it doesn't seem all that natural to me.
ehhhhh f it.
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,668

Post#1142 » by -Sammy- » Thu Nov 3, 2016 4:02 am

Neddy wrote:
BombsquadSammy wrote:This has to be one of the most perfect baseball games of all time. Not one of the greatest necessarily, in terms of the baseball itself, but one of the most perfect, in terms of the historical significance going into the series and how it's all playing out. One could scarcely script a game so perfectly.

with a little help from MLB umpire crew along the way to make this match up happen too. that mid outside pitch to a right handed batters by 6 inches were called a ball the entire night against Kluber and eventually knocked him out of the game, but it was suddenly a K pitch for Lester.

I know what you are saying about the circumstances, but it doesn't seem all that natural to me.

Interesting; you could be right. It's been a long time since I entertained the notion of any league other than the NBA having a fix (ha ha), but I must concede the logic of your theory, at least.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1143 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 3, 2016 4:07 am

BombsquadSammy wrote:
Neddy wrote:

with a little help from MLB umpire crew along the way to make this match up happen too. that mid outside pitch to a right handed batters by 6 inches were called a ball the entire night against Kluber and eventually knocked him out of the game, but it was suddenly a K pitch for Lester.

Interesting; you could be right. It's been so long since I entertained the notion of any league other than the NBA having a fix (ha ha), But I must concede the logic of your theory, at least.

I am not even saying it is intentional. the major league umps blow calls on balls and strikes every game. it is time to let computer aided K/BBs called and not let human errors determine the outcome despite of the great honest efforts given by the players. I have always ranked the worst umpires over the years and the only one to miss the WS is CJ Buckner. Joe West is in the crew, Angel Hernandez is in the crew, John Hirschbeck in this crew, Eric Cooper and Gary Cederstrom were involved in NLCS. was Lance Barrett in? no was Jim Reynolds in? of course not. Alan Porter? Jerry Lane? it is like MLB is trying to introduce bias and create more human error. the fact that the worst umps are also the most senior members does not shed the conspiracy ideas to rest either.
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Home Plate Chumpires 

Post#1144 » by Ranma » Thu Nov 3, 2016 4:08 am

BombsquadSammy wrote:Interesting; you could be right. It's been a long time since I entertained the notion of any league other than the NBA having a fix (ha ha), but I must concede the logic of your theory, at least.

Even discounting my homerism, the umpiring against the Dodgers was consistently horrible and egregious with regards to strike-zone judgment. That's not why we lost, but it's not shocking to see either umpire incompetence or favorism in play. I noticed a couple of bad calls pointed out by the Fox telecast with their strike-zone tracker.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Neddy
RealGM

Re: Home Plate Chumpires 

Post#1145 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 3, 2016 4:12 am

Ranma wrote:
BombsquadSammy wrote:Interesting; you could be right. It's been a long time since I entertained the notion of any league other than the NBA having a fix (ha ha), but I must concede the logic of your theory, at least.

Even discounting my homerism, the umpiring against the Dodgers was consistently horrible and egregious with regards to strike-zone judgment. That's not why we lost, but it's not shocking to see either umpire incompetence or favorism in play. I noticed a couple of bad calls pointed out by the Fox telecast with their strike-zone tracker.

I honestly thought the league was heavily favoring the storyline of the cubs and their 108 years to pump up the ratings for this WS. Indians making it was just an accident that was icing on the cake. but with or without the Indians, Cubs were the draw this year. again, I am not saying this is all intentional and the outcome was pre-determined like pro wrestling. but I am not 100% there was no tilting of the odds in the same fashion as NBA does. I don't think it is also a simple coincidence that the most senior umps are the ones with the worst track records and yet still are held in high regard by the same league who analyzes every and each game to judge who makes the most errors and who makes the least.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1146 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 3, 2016 4:14 am

lol that same pitch again is now a ball.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1147 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 3, 2016 4:16 am

that upper outside is usually called a strike. it may have missed it by a half an inch. the zone is now getting squeezed for sure.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1148 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 3, 2016 4:18 am

I know this game is emotional and all, but where was the cut off man? no excuse a flyball to center should advance the runner to second if it was well excuted. F what Joe Buck is saying. it is more on the lack of fine works of the Indians more than an excellent baserunning by Almora.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1149 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 3, 2016 4:20 am

I think it is time for Terry Francona to consider situational bullpen use. evreybody including yesterday's starter should be available. I didn't like them wasting Danny Salazzar yesterday in a blow out either.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1150 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 3, 2016 4:21 am

Wow.

I really thought Indians should have brought up the pen to match lefty righty from here on...
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1151 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 3, 2016 4:22 am

GIDP GIDP GIDP
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1152 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 3, 2016 4:24 am

man baseball is a funny game. a guy comes in to blow a sure win but picks up a W if they hang on here because precisely he gave away the lead.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1153 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 3, 2016 4:38 am

well here is the bright side of Cubs win if they do in fact hang on.

last time a team won back to back, it is the 1998 through 2000 Yanks back to back to back. before that, 92-93 Jays. before that? 77-78 Yanks. in last 4 decades, there has only been 3 teams to go back to back. this is a good news for us the dodger fans.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1154 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 3, 2016 4:41 am

man only wish I have now is to load up the bases with one BB push run, with 1 run down with bases loaded, two outs, and to see Carlos Santana the ex dodger prospect in the box. won't happen but that would give me a baptism by fire from this haunting of one Casey Blake I have been burdened by since that fateful trade.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1155 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 3, 2016 4:42 am

**** I know I am talking alone lately here like a crasy person, but the cubs are out of catchers. why not overswing and give a major concussion to Montero on a non-2 strike situation?
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM

Kyle Hendricks & Carl Edwards, Jr. 

Post#1156 » by Ranma » Thu Nov 3, 2016 4:45 am

Read on Twitter

Update: Edwards then gets pulled after giving up an RBI to Cleveland's clutch-hitting Rajai Davis.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1157 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 3, 2016 4:47 am

wow one homerun and the game is over with the tribe rejoying the most incredible comeback win ever in history of baseball in game 7 of any WS.

one more out and the Cubs break the 108 years of wait since Joe TInker.
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM

Congratulations to ex-Dodger David Ross and the Cubs 

Post#1158 » by Ranma » Thu Nov 3, 2016 4:48 am

I've always liked Ross and regretted losing him as our backup catcher. He deserved to go out with a bang with the World Series win.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1159 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 3, 2016 4:50 am

well baseball is finally over for 2016.

Carp lost and our old friend Kuroda never got to pitch in game 7.

Dustin Nippert's Bears swept Eric Thames' NC dinos in K Series.

our dodgers got canned in game 6 of NLCS so we could watch this game 7 of Indians loss in extra innings...

Nov 18th the Aussie weekend league starts, but it won't be the same...

let's enjoy the next 4 months with basketball and football as replacements... until the 2017 march. good bye game threads...
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Re: Congratulations to ex-Dodger David Ross and the Cubs 

Post#1160 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 3, 2016 4:52 am

Ranma wrote:I've always liked Ross and regretted losing him as our backup catcher. He deserved to go out with a bang with the World Series win.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

yeah tbh I always liked him and hated losing him too.

I liked Dioner Narvarro, David Ross, Carlos Santana and none of these catchers we held on but all had pretty damn good careers elsewhere.
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers