ImageImageImageImageImage

a quick survey of our 2B problem

Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy

who do you rather have on the second base?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:20 am

1. trade for Dozier, while giving up De Leon, and most likely Willie Calhoun and Brock Stewart.
No votes
2. sign Utley back, and platoon him with ****.
20%
3. do not trade for Dozier or sign Utley, start **** and see how soon Willie can be ready
40%
4. start Willie now.
No votes
5. make a deal to bring in Ian Kinsler. granted the extension does not exceed 3 years from today.
No votes
6. none of the above. if you choose this, please explain.
40%

Total votes: 5

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Above and Beyond Expectations 

Post#21 » by Ranma » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:45 pm

Neddy wrote:I am ashamed to admit that I watched him rather close, being in Mariners home territory and getting many of the games he played in, and did not see his potential to be what he has matured into. I thought the Mariners did rush him out there and he was underachieving, thought getting him for Zach Lee was a lopsided steal for us, but did not foresee what he has become.

Don't get me wrong. I didn't foresee the second-coming in Taylor. I was just as disappointed in getting what I thought was so little in return for Lee, but that had to do with Lee not fulfilling expectations of at least being a solid MLB starter. I only saw Taylor by reviewing MLB.com highlights immediately after the trade as well as reviewing some stats and a brief scouting profile. He looked like a good utility player who could play SS and easily 2B.

Obviously, I only saw his best moments, which were primarily as a defender. You've gotten to see the good and bad in him. I think it just goes to further reinforce how excellent a job Turner Ward has been doing as our hitting coach in unlocking even some unseen upside in players.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Above and Beyond Expectations 

Post#22 » by Neddy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:55 pm

Ranma wrote:
Neddy wrote:I am ashamed to admit that I watched him rather close, being in Mariners home territory and getting many of the games he played in, and did not see his potential to be what he has matured into. I thought the Mariners did rush him out there and he was underachieving, thought getting him for Zach Lee was a lopsided steal for us, but did not foresee what he has become.

Don't get me wrong. I didn't foresee the second-coming in Taylor. I was just as disappointed in getting what I thought was so little in return for Lee, but that had to do with Lee not fulfilling expectations of at least being a solid MLB starter. I only saw Taylor by reviewing MLB.com highlights immediately after the trade as well as reviewing some stats and a brief scouting profile. He looked like a good utility player who could play SS and easily 2B.

Obviously, I only saw his best moments, which were primarily as a defender. You've got to see the good and bad in him. I think it just goes to further reinforce how excellent a job Turner Ward has been doing as our hitting coach in unlocking even some unseen upside in players.

yeah I have to second that Turner Ward is a special kind of a hitting coach.

I had the complete opposite view of the Lee- Taylor trade. I thought it was only a matter of time before we had to release Lee as he was out of options, if I remember correctly. he had no shot making our 25 men roster and was a massive disappointment in terms of his production as well as his lack of stuff. getting anything out of Lee, to me, was a coup. to have that "anything" to turn out to be Taylor and his production this year so far, is freaking amazing to me.

it speaks a volume about the capability of our front office.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: a quick survey of our 2B problem 

Post#23 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:59 pm

Glad we did not deal for B. Dozier
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: a quick survey of our 2B problem 

Post#24 » by Neddy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:05 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Glad we did not deal for B. Dozier

all of his .247 BA and 1.4 War, LOL. Forsythe is at .245 and 1.1 WAR. no way 0.3 WAR is worth 2 top prospects on top of Jose De Leon
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers