ImageImageImageImageImage

fire Rob Manfred

Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

fire Rob Manfred 

Post#1 » by Neddy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:11 am

is there anything we can do as fans to get Rob Manfred fired? even a Japanese baseball columnist Kimura wrote in length about the ridiculous nature of automatic intentional walk, and with him talking about even potentially cutting the game down to 7 innings, we have got to find a way to get rid of this guy before he turns baseball into blernsball. I am seriously thinking about sending hate letters to Rob Manfred's office everyday until he is gone, but I don't see it doing much good for the cause. I also thought about starting an online petition, but I don't know enough people around me who loves baseball like I do to get it going with any real momentum. but there must be somebody who is connected enough on social media to make the petition go viral...

any suggestions what we can do? we must save the best game that ever was created on this earth before a lawyer with no baseball background ruins the game and burn it down to the ground.

just a motivational quote from you know what

"Ray, people will come Ray. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $20 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Ray. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come."
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: fire Rob Manfred 

Post#2 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Mar 2, 2017 8:29 pm

hate this move so much as well.

If you can't watch the pitcher throw the ball 4 times to a catcher, why the **** are we catering to your needs in the first place?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#3 » by Neddy » Fri Mar 3, 2017 3:28 am

The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball
245 Park Avenue, 31st Floor New York, NY 10167
Phone: 212-931-7800
Fax: 212-949-5654.

Im writing him a letter, I hope all you guys do too.

unless of course someone can come up with more effective, and more persuasive way to handle this.
ehhhhh f it.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#4 » by Latrell » Fri Mar 3, 2017 3:44 am

Quake Griffin wrote:hate this move so much as well.

If you can't watch the pitcher throw the ball 4 times to a catcher, why the **** are we catering to your needs in the first place?

Not like intentional walk even happen that often. Some games it doesn't happen at all. Do people really have that short attention spans that they can't handle 4 pitches? Like , why is this a thing?
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#5 » by Kilroy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:47 am

I still can't figure this one out. Never heard anyone ever complain about the intentional walk slowing down the game.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Neddy
RealGM

Post#6 » by Neddy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:15 pm

that's what happens when lawyers with no baseball background gets to run things. did Manfred ever play this game at any level? as far as I know, he didn't even play a litle league ball. this is a total disgrace.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#7 » by Neddy » Thu Dec 7, 2017 2:33 am

this jerkoff gets inducted to little league HOF...

fire him already!
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#8 » by Neddy » Thu Dec 7, 2017 2:37 am

no, pardon me, the "hall of excellence"
Image Image
ehhhhh f it.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Post#9 » by Dloading99 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:29 am

It's a dumb rule. sometimes those pitchouts turn into Wild pitches I mean it's part of the game. I can't stand it.

The way the World Series was handled was a joke he should've been suspended immediately five games. and he played in the game and Hit a home run that cost us a game. we probably have world series wins if that idiot doesn't play. so I'm still pissed about that.

if that was basketball I think He would've got suspended immediately. so Yeah they are doing too much to the game. Just leave it as is. that's how Baseball should be.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by Dloading99 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:48 am

Did anybody hear Dan Lebatard vs. Rob Manfred that shlit was hilarious. Manfred was turning up. getting all hot. sounding like Ray liota. he was going all Gangsta and Lebatard was like did you know Jeter was going to cut payroll? then Lebatard asked did you know Jeter had no money. Manfred was going in and like going nuts on the phone. it was a Manfred commishoner rant.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#11 » by Neddy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:54 pm

Dloading99 wrote:Did anybody hear Dan Lebatard vs. Rob Manfred that shlit was hilarious. Manfred was turning up. getting all hot. sounding like Ray liota. he was going all Gangsta and Lebatard was like did you know Jeter was going to cut payroll? then Lebatard asked did you know Jeter had no money. Manfred was going in and like going nuts on the phone. it was a Manfred commishoner rant.

found it

shows his effing class, like I always knew.
ehhhhh f it.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect

Post#12 » by Dloading99 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:16 am

You DA MAN thanks for posting that. legendary.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#13 » by Neddy » Mon Jan 1, 2018 1:28 am

I really wish we can start a mass underground movement and to petition that bastard out of baseball, but the decision is in the hands of even bigger bastardy team owners.

as much as I love baseball more than any other sport, it is no better than football when it comes to public sensitivity and dealing with social injustice. NBA rules in terms of that. NHL is POS. NFL is cowardly, but MLB is simply indifferent.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#14 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:19 am

6 mound visits per game now eh?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#15 » by Neddy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:21 am

Quake Griffin wrote:6 mound visits per game now eh?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Rob got scared after reading my posts :thumbsup:
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers