ImageImageImageImageImage

2017 REGULAR SEASON LA Dodgers & international

Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Prepping for Postseason 

Post#1421 » by Ranma » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:44 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Darvish should pitch on the last game of the year. There's no way I want him with 12 days off between starts given that he has mechanic issues. I'd rather he keep his routine regular. I don't get Kershaw pitching the second game but the 3rd game being a bullpen game.

With Adrian Gonzalez now out, I only have 12 position players that I'm interested in playing/ I think are realistic. I had Joc left off of my postseason roster but maybe he could fill the hole?

Would you consider 13 pitchers? We're versatile enough as is.

I agree about trying to keep Yu Darvish's pitching routine as consistent as possible given his ongoing issues with mechanics, but the argument presented by Joe Davis and Orel Hershiser last night was to preserve Darvish's confidence and pitching in Coors Field could alter his mechanics even if his mentality were not affected. Given Yu's susceptibility to mental breakdowns, I'm going to side with Roberts on this one in keeping him out.

Clayton Kershaw will supposedly pitch a "warm-up" game so we can expect a short outing from him as well.

I think a case can be made for 13 pitchers given the aforementioned versatility and the the amount of quality in pitching we have versus position players, but I'm not ballsy enough to go with 13 pitchers right now, personally.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: 2017 REGULAR SEASON LA Dodgers & international 

Post#1422 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:32 pm

I'm not ballsy enough to do 13 either but I dunno who exactly I'm goin to make our 13th position player?

Joc? Segedin? Farmer?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Ranma
RealGM

Dodgers Notes via FanRag Sports 

Post#1423 » by Ranma » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:01 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:I'm not ballsy enough to do 13 either but I dunno who exactly I'm goin to make our 13th position player?

Joc? Segedin? Farmer?

Well, FanRag Sports thinks it's likely the Dodgers will carry 13 pitchers based on a video clip that played in the article cited below (see screenshots). Of the 3 position players you noted, I'd favor Joc right now over Farmer even though I'd like to ensure that Barnes plays regularly in the postseason.

Also, according to the artcle, we surrendered $500K in international bonus money in trading for Connor Joe and Puig hasn't exactly been a model citizen or clubhouse favorite despite his improvements this year. I still support disciplining him whenever it's called for but I'm still not sure that I'd trade him, especially for Braun despite the latter's rebound season.

Jon Heyman, FanRagSports.com (9/28/17)
• The Braves received $500,000 in international bonus money by trading Connor Joe, a recent draftee of the Pirates who they got for Sean Rodriguez. So the Braves saved Sean Rod’s $7.5M, then got 500K spending money.

• While manager Dave Roberts’ two-game benching of Yasiel Puig seemed to come out of the blue, as Puig’s demeanor had improved, word out of the clubhouse is that he still annoys teammates with his behavior. The benching was deserved anyway, but Roberts also knew he had the backing in the clubhouse. While Puig is much better than he was, and all this never would have come out had they kept winning, he still rubs some people the wrong way.

• The Dodgers acquired infielder/outfielder Connor Joe, who becomes the most traded recent draft choice.

• Chase Utley “has to play” in the playoffs, in the words of a scout, who says “he’s a money player.”

• Andre Ethier looks like he still has power.

• It sounds like lip service when they say Kenta Maeda is going to the pen to be a weapon, but he may be just that. He has a strikeout an inning this year.

• Alex Guerrero led the NPB in home runs, Dyland Hernandez of the L.A. Times noted. The kid can hit.

• The Dodgers were one team Ryan Braun was willing to go to, Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reported. That is no surprise, and with Puig’s latest transgression, maybe there could be an opening to resurrect that deal.

MLBInside Baseball NL Notes | Quintana the Story of NL Central Race

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#1424 » by Neddy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:28 am

I would so much rather favor firing Roberts and keep 13 position players including Puig. the reasons of Puig's dismissal are simply laughable if he was any other super star. same offense could not be justified if his name was Harper, Trout, or Kris Bryant. missing a team meeting here or there would never be a deterrent if Puig was not a latino star with just above league average OPS.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1425 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:19 am

I agree 100% on the Puig issue, Neddy.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Ranma
RealGM

Candidate for Designated Runner? 

Post#1426 » by Ranma » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:41 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

McCarthy's Postseason Audition 

Post#1427 » by Ranma » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:43 pm

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Shaken Not Stirred 

Post#1428 » by Ranma » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:34 am

Ryu is throwing batting practice in Coors Field giving up 2 home runs for a 3-0 deficit in the 1st inning. This is why Darvish shouldn't be pitching there.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1429 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:42 am

Well, I'd like to finish with the best record in baseball and not tie with Cleveland but ya know, we can just tricking games off and saying they're meaningless in the end.

Dave wouldn't commit to Wood as a starter. I wonder if he was waiting to see Ryu at Coors to make his decision, which, for obvious reasons, could be very stupid.

Nonetheless Ryu was not his best tonight. I'd still like him on the postseason roster.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Ranma
RealGM

Really Bad Case of Inception 

Post#1430 » by Ranma » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:44 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1431 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:39 am

Annoying and unbelievable.

Who leaked this story?
We're getting set up to have this turd blow a game in the playoffs.

Takes5
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#1432 » by Takes5 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:19 pm

Antics and all, this is Impressive. Any time you can be on a list with Jackie Robinson, take it Yasiel!

Read on Twitter
/photo/1
Takes5
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#1433 » by Takes5 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:24 pm

Dodgers need to get this win Saturday and end the best record issue. Don't want to chance it on Sunday.
Plus Colorado has been killing them in September and if they advance to the 5-game series vs LA with two recent sweeps over them it'll be hell.
Come on Kershaw, get it done!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1434 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Oct 1, 2017 1:03 am

Guess it's okay for Kershaw to get bullied (twice in a row mind you, once at home) by the Rockies but apparently Darvish isn't game enough to get rocked in Coor's tomorrow and man up next week against....

POSSIBLY THE ROCKIES!

Weak.

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1435 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Oct 1, 2017 1:44 am

Yasiel Puig with the Oppo-Taco HR.

[greenfont]Get mad at this guy and embarrass him publicly right before the playoffs. He probably deserves it. [/greenfont]

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1436 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Oct 1, 2017 2:29 am

Indians lose.

They can only tie us for the best record now.

Thank the heavens.

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1437 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Oct 1, 2017 3:01 am

We're giving Pedro ANOTHER shot in a semi-high leverage situation. At this point, he's gonna make the roster. We aren't giving him this many chances just to say no.

This is beyond frustrating and I want absolutely nothing to do with him relieving for us this October.

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1438 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Oct 1, 2017 3:28 am

Jansen visibly frustrated with Barnes and Barnes looking annoyed as he approaches the mound.

They get it together to K Parra with a slider in the dirt.

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1439 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Oct 1, 2017 3:32 am

NEW LA DODGERS RECORD!

103 wins.

Completely forgot that we got rid of the All Star Game deciding home field.

We have clinched home field throughout the World Series!

Ranma
RealGM

Watson & Cingrani Dealing as Dodgers 

Post#1440 » by Ranma » Mon Oct 2, 2017 11:43 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers