TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

NL west is no joke 

Post#1 » by TKainZero » Sat May 27, 2017 6:23 am

Colorado and Arizona look for real

3/5 top team in nl are in the west right now

And you know the giants are not going to stay in last

The NL west is no Joke and the dodgers have their work cut out for them. Starting pitching will have to carry them
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,644

Re: NL west is no joke 

Post#2 » by Quake Griffin » Sun May 28, 2017 1:44 am

I like the Rockies roster from top to bottom. I don't think there's many weaknesses in their roster, if any and their SP is talented as hell, they just sport artificially bloated ERAs because of Coors.

They scare me and I expect them to be there in the end. I have them penciled into a WC spot.

The other 2, I'm not as worried about.
I think they will be solid, possibly go .500 but I don't see them threatening for the division.

I dont think the Dirt Bags pitching will hold up over time.
The Giants haven't won 90 games since 2012.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#3 » by Neddy » Mon May 29, 2017 2:59 pm

this is a bit of a reactionary, panicking thread, no?

don't worry about this guys,this is only the Memorial Day. baseball season isn't into real summer. besides, in such small sample into the season, the Rockies has outperformed their pythagorean W-L by 3 games, and we have underperformed by 3. which means all these statistical abnormalities will adjust themselves in a long season.

and oh, BTW, as far as team stats go, despite Arizona and the Rockies being in top 3 team ERA in the league with us( no quake their ERA isn't bloated, it is artificially lowered than they should be), once you look at their FIP, they are way out of our league. in fact, we are lone #1 away from everybody with Boston being the second, Arizona 4th, and Rockies are way down to 13th. go by WHIP, Arizona steps down once again and Rockies are still out of top 10. all these inflated stats indicate that the Arizona and Colorado 's pitchers are simply being lucky so far. Arizona and Rockies are #1 and #3 respectively in terms of total team WAR, with us being #2 between them. but, once you take pitching WAR out of the equation, you will see that despite the popular belief of Rockies being an offensive team and Dbacks also getting respect in that regard, Arizona's non-pitching WAR falls to #8 in the league, while the Rockies plummets all the way down to #17. we are still in top 5. Rockies will of course, start hitting soon. but as they do, their pitching will start to give. there just is no way they can continue to produce 5.5 team ERA with their starting rotation every 2 months. the league average so far has been 0.6 in the same span. that would mean by the end of the season, they will earn 17 out of their team projected 21 WAR (floor) to /27 WAR(ceiling). no way.

give another month or two, we are gonna be fine as others faulter. us winning all these games in a bunch makes it seem like we are being lucky, but in reality it is us getting our due. we have been unreasonably unlucky despite total runs scored versus total runs given up heavily favored us all these time, leading the league time to time while it did not reflect on Ws and Ls as they should. even after winning 9 out of 11, we should be leading the division by 3 games right now, not down by 1.5.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#4 » by Quake Griffin » Mon May 29, 2017 3:18 pm

But their ERA is higher than their FIP.

This isnt reactionary on my end. I dont trust AZ. I dont trust SF. But I like the Rockies (not as a fan) a lot...and I like them for the Wild Card. I actually said it before the year started. Their young starting pitchers are very talented (Gray, Chatwood, Freeland). They have what could be a great bullpen with McGee (now that hes not closing), Ottavino, and Holland.

They have a really good defense thats grading out well.
I don't really see where their roster is weak.

Jon Gray has only thrown 12 innings this year btw. He's only going to make them better when he gets back.

We don't even have to discuss their lineup. And Im a fan of Bud.

They're making the WC.
We can do a gentleman's bet on it too.

“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#5 » by Neddy » Mon May 29, 2017 4:15 pm

^4.04 to 4.03 isn't exactly a nosedive from ERA to FIP... with the pen, their team ERA+ is 124. that is third best in the league right now.
our FIP is 3.26 while posting just a single digit higher in team ERA+. that's a huge difference.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#6 » by Neddy » Mon May 29, 2017 4:30 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:They're making the WC.
We can do a gentleman's bet on it too.

that's okay my friend. I do think also that the Rockies will edge the DBacks by a hair. I just don't subscribe to the belief that Rockies and DBacks are true contenders and favorites to win the division, but outside of three projected division winners in Mets, Cubs, and the Dodgers, Rockies probably have the best shot. there is not a single team above .500 outside of DC in NLE. Brewers have been an aberration and now suddenly my boy Eric Thames can't buy a hit as I knew he would be prone to slumps... the Pirateship has sunk and Cards maybe the only team with a chance to get to the wildcard, but that team is old and as season wears down, so will their players. Rockies are young, as you have mentioned. but problem with a young pitching staff, is that they have 2 kids at 22 years of age, and 1 at 24. those 3 kids are injury risks in a full season, as I always speak with concern when it comes to handling our boy Urias. on top of that, both Tylers have had TJS and stress fractures on their throwing arms. they are like us in terms of injury risks, but unlike us, they don't have depth in starting caliber pitchers in their system.

Zack Greinke on the other hand, is having a one hell of a season so far. he might be a candidate for NL Cy Young if he can keep his under 1.0 WHIP all season.
ehhhhh f it.
TKainZero
Head Coach

Post#7 » by TKainZero » Mon May 29, 2017 10:12 pm

Not saying it's impossible. Or doom and gloom.

The dodgers are the hottest team in the MLB and a top 3 team.

But the west is looking good this year. Just an observation
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Neddy
RealGM

Post#8 » by Neddy » Mon May 29, 2017 11:31 pm

TKainZero wrote:Not saying it's impossible. Or doom and gloom.

The dodgers are the hottest team in the MLB and a top 3 team.

But the west is looking good this year. Just an observation

it is, that much is true.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#9 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:16 pm

68 games in.

Tied for 2nd.
CO in 1st.

Still dont believe in AZ.

I do believe in the Rockies.

TKainZero
Head Coach

Post#10 » by TKainZero » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:11 pm

Dodgers Rockies and d-backs are all on fire!!!

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#11 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:40 pm

While I was kind of looking forward to being in first place, I did enjoy Nolan Arenado's walk off yesterday.

If we take care of our business, we don't need to beg anybody to beat the Rockies.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#12 » by Neddy » Tue Jul 4, 2017 9:27 pm

well? this is it boys. Roc's starting rotation fell apart like I thought they would, but the D-bags are surprisingly sticking around, and the next few games before the ASW will finally skin their hide and make our clear sailing for the second half.

I am dying to get this series going, starting from tonight at 6 PM.
ehhhhh f it.
TKainZero
Head Coach

Post#13 » by TKainZero » Sat Jul 8, 2017 7:24 am

Neddy wrote:well? this is it boys. Roc's starting rotation fell apart like I thought they would, but the D-bags are surprisingly sticking around, and the next few games before the ASW will finally skin their hide and make our clear sailing for the second half.

I am dying to get this series going, starting from tonight at 6 PM.

Great calls

Dodgers swept the d-backs...

Let's go into the 2nd half strong!!

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Pulling Away from the Pack 

Post#14 » by Ranma » Sat Jul 8, 2017 7:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Neddy
RealGM

Post#15 » by Neddy » Sat Jul 8, 2017 8:25 pm

we can now say we are the BEST in baseball. 2017 WS, here we come!
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM

Simply the Best 

Post#16 » by Ranma » Sun Jul 9, 2017 3:04 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
TKainZero
Head Coach

Post#17 » by TKainZero » Sun Jul 9, 2017 11:47 pm

Wow

Astros and dodgers both at 60+ wins at the break

Neddy
RealGM

Post#18 » by Neddy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:35 am

TKainZero wrote:Wow

Astros and dodgers both at 60+ wins at the break

well, they are at 60-29

we are 61-29
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM

Worn-Out Brooms in Dodgers' Closet 

Post#19 » by Ranma » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:25 am

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Best in Baseball 

Post#20 » by Ranma » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:15 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers