ImageImageImageImageImage

The 2017 Dodgers WORLD SERIES!!! Thread

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: The 2017 POSTSEASON thread. 

Post#1261 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:35 am

Best thing is the Cubs throw Quintana, a lefty, tomorrow.

This will save Dave from himself:
Culberson at Short.
Taylor in CF
**** in LF
Loggie Bear at 2B

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#1262 » by Neddy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:35 am

oh just wanted to get back and state my last thought of the night.

it is a good thing that the next probable starter for the Cubs is Jose Quintana. having a lefty on mound, will eliminate Granderson and Utley out of the lineup.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1263 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:38 am

Great minds post alike.

“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#1264 » by Kilroy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:39 am

Yeah, this one was on Dave... Granderson was terrible at the plate all night... Utley, aside from getting hit by a pitch in the most girly way possible, was too, and may have cost us an out on that blown double play in the field...

Grandal was solid at bat, but Barnes has been better, and the pitching seems better with him behind the plate... Colberson was solid for us and so was Pederson... One of those guys needs to be in for Granderson.

No more cutesy crap... Let's put this one to bed now.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Make Sure They Remember Forever the Night They Played the Dodgers 

Post#1265 » by Ranma » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:05 am

LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1266 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:07 am

$215 million man on the mound tomorrow.

He’s been compared to Koufax enough.

Nothing to worry about right?
This is where we wanna be right?

Ranma
RealGM

Hear That, Clayton? 

Post#1267 » by Ranma » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:08 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1268 » by Neddy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:22 am

^Ha can't any of us go to sleep after this game, apparently.

and Javy saying good luck to Kersh? we have Morrow and Jansen fresh for tomorrow, and probably ready to make 9 outs between them, throwing in one of the tony's for a spot relief against a LHB between the two RHPs.

what should be the lineup?

1 CF R Taylor
2 3B R Turner
3 1B L Bellinger
4 RF R Puig
5 LF R ****
6 C R Barnes
7 2B R Forsythe
8 SS R Culberson

is this too top heavy?
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1269 » by Neddy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:33 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Well.

We just gave the Cubs an emotional win, fuel for Game 5 vs. an October choke.

Dont wanna hear much tough talk about not being scared.

Every day you don’t close them out is a day they think they can do the impossible.

I better not see another **** lineup with Granderson and Utley in it.

I wish for our FO to leave Granderson out of our WS roster and place either the rook Alex Verdugo or just simply add another pitcher. the Yankees are very right handed heavy in terms of their power and we could use another spot reliever.
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM

Lineup Thoughts 

Post#1270 » by Ranma » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:40 am

Neddy wrote:^Ha can't any of us go to sleep after this game, apparently.

and Javy saying good luck to Kersh? we have Morrow and Jansen fresh for tomorrow, and probably ready to make 9 outs between them, throwing in one of the tony's for a spot relief against a LHB between the two RHPs.

what should be the lineup?

1 CF R Taylor
2 3B R Turner
3 1B L Bellinger
4 RF R Puig
5 LF R ****
6 C R Barnes
7 2B R Forsythe
8 SS R Culberson

is this too top heavy?

I want Grandal to handle Kershaw tomorrow and to stick with Taylor at SS but your lineup makes a lot of sense to me right now. At the same time I want Barnes in there as well, but we can't replace Forsythe at 2B.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1271 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:02 pm

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1272 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:10 pm

Dear Sports Gods,

Please bring us Game 2 2016 NLCS Clayton Kershaw. Please leave the mediocre to average Peyton Kershaw at whatever downtown hotel the Dodgers are staying at. Please give him all of his pitches. Please give him THE catcher who will call the best game. Most importantly, give us the offense that scores more points than the Cubs.

The Dodgers deserve this. The city of Los Angeles deserves this. They deserve it tonight, not Friday or Sat, or worse...next season.

Signed,
Quake Griffin

Quake Griffin
RealGM

The 2017 POSTSEASON thread. 

Post#1273 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:24 pm

Kilroy wrote:Yeah, this one was on Dave... Granderson was terrible at the plate all night... Utley, aside from getting hit by a pitch in the most girly way possible, was too, and may have cost us an out on that blown double play in the field...

Grandal was solid at bat, but Barnes has been better, and the pitching seems better with him behind the plate... Colberson was solid for us and so was Pederson... One of those guys needs to be in for Granderson.

No more cutesy crap... Let's put this one to bed now.

Barnes is struggling at the dish this series. It’s part of why I cautioned against an all in approach with giving him catcher duties.

He’s 289./.408 in 218 ABs and 262 plate appearances. That’s less than half the PA an everyday player would normally get. It was very easy to see him smacking the ball around while Grandal went into the tank and fall in love with his bat when it’s possible he’s not that kind of hitter. So I’ve been mostly on which one calls the best games/works with the pitchers the best and the other things come second.

Having said that, I’m literally torn on who should start at this point given Barnes’ performance in October. He’s done an excellent job with this staff in a way I didn’t think he could just yet and he’s better on the basepaths if he happens to get on. Plus he would be facing a lefty.

But I thought Yas was just fine yesterday. The true difference in the game is Javy Baez golfing a good pitch out of Wrigley with the wind blowing out. I hated all the fastball calls early but in hindsight, it seems like Yas was just calling those until Wood (in his first playoff start) could settle down and not over throw his other offerings. I thought Wood settled down nice and POSSIBLY could have went into the 6th. I didnt think he needed to be pulled (like Ranma) for that hitter (Almora?).

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1274 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:35 pm

Neddy wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Well.

We just gave the Cubs an emotional win, fuel for Game 5 vs. an October choke.

Dont wanna hear much tough talk about not being scared.

Every day you don’t close them out is a day they think they can do the impossible.

I better not see another **** lineup with Granderson and Utley in it.

I wish for our FO to leave Granderson out of our WS roster and place either the rook Alex Verdugo or just simply add another pitcher. the Yankees are very right handed heavy in terms of their power and we could use another spot reliever.

The logic pisses me off more and more with each at bat. If I'm not at 10/10 mad I'm somewhere between a 9.5 or 9.999999/10.

We are literally trotting this filth out there that can't defend and can't hit in hopes that he will magically have ONE clutch moment to justify all of his terribleness. Never mind that we may not need that clutch moment if we just played the better players. **** that clutch moment Dave is chasing.

It makes me rage. I was less angry with Utley but in hindsight, I should have been way more adamant about it because it is the same thing. Both of these men look like Middle Schoolers at the dish. THERE'S NO REASON FOR THEM TO PLAY! Not for defense. Not for lefty-righty. STOP PLAYING THEM!

The worst part about Utley is that he's so much a part of the equation that it de facto eliminates Austin from the 2B equation when in reality, on a night where Grandal starts, Austin pinch hitting and taking over at 2nd SHOULD be on the list of options of things we can do to finish the game.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Alright. I'm done venting. Sorry for multiple posts in a row.
But I remember when our Clippers were laissez faire (sp?) about a Game 5 in Houstin in 2015. I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE OPPORTUNITIES TO CLOSE OUT ON THE TABLE. All it does is give them confidence and put doubt in our team's mind.

edit:
If we end up winning it all, I want Curtis to do the right thing and give this organization his ring back or reject it outright in the first place.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1275 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:28 pm

Barnes gets the call

Ranma
RealGM

Put Cubs Out of Misery 

Post#1276 » by Ranma » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:30 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Moving Turner Up in the Order 

Post#1277 » by Ranma » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:36 pm

Looks like Roberts took my advice and swapped Turner and Bellinger respectively into the 2nd and 3rd spots in the lineup.
Ranma
RealGM

Post-Injury Kershaw 

Post#1278 » by Ranma » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:50 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#1279 » by Kilroy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:29 pm

Not sure I can bring myself to watch the first 5 innings of this one... I want Kershaw to dominate so bad, if he doesn't I'm going to be tough to be around.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1280 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:41 pm

Kilroy wrote:Not sure I can bring myself to watch the first 5 innings of this one... I want Kershaw to dominate so bad, if he doesn't I'm going to be tough to be around.

He’s not Bum/ Schilling/ Beckett fam.

We must let it go.
Lower expectations and be happy if he clutches.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers