Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: 2019 Los Angeles Dodgers Regular Season Thread 

Post#181 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Oct 2, 2018 11:53 am

Kershaw Thursday
Ryu Friday

My guess is it’s Walker on Sunday and Rich Hill on Monday.

I’ve lamented this for a while but I think it’s Hill on Monday. Aside from my whining about his choking, I genuinely don’t think this is the same Kershaw that gets the ball on 3 days rest.

I can’t say enough about this team. I’ve literally hated this team for weeks at a time during the regular season but I kind of like them now that they’re in. Part of that is Buehler. The other part of that is Ryu fighting back and earning this spot.

Big thing to look for this postseason:
Kenley is also not the traditional Kenley we are used to. Dave can no longer “manage” games to get to a 6 out save....a 5 out save...not even sure about a 4 out save at this point....if you ever called that managing.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#182 » by Neddy » Wed Oct 3, 2018 6:36 am

LOL did the Rockies really just eliminate the Cubs?

now all we have to do to get back to WS is, to beat the young and inexperienced Braves squad led by our last year's assistant GM, then either another inexperienced squads of Brewers or the Rockies we just beat the last 4 games? is it more? in a row?

Wow I suddenly like our chances a lot more.

PS- I am preferring the Brewers. I am sure the logic of odds says for just about everyone, is the Rockies, but it is really hard to beat a team down in a row enough to get to the next round of playoffs if it means beating the same team 7 out of 10 in order to do so regardless of where you start reading the schedule for Ws and Ls. Brewers are the stronger team, but they too are just too damn happy to be playing in fall baseball. for us this is WS or bust. if the Redsox gets knocked out along the early rounds, man..... in the end, I guess I truly don't care who comes up to face us after the Braves as long as the Brewers and the Rockies beat up on each other and exhaust all resources before game 1.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#183 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Oct 3, 2018 11:22 am

Can you believe we are going with Ryu Game 1?

I’m cool with it.

Kershaw maybe setup for Game 5 but he is NOT setup for Game 4 on 3 days rest.

Wow.
I’m certain he’s less than thrilled.

“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#184 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Oct 3, 2018 11:31 am

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/la-sp-dodgers-nlds-game-one-starter-20181002-story.html

I see the logic.
Smart choice.

And no, he doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt any more.

It’s time for a WS...not his feelings and accomodating him.

Overall this view will be better for us in October and moving forward.

Neddy
RealGM

Post#185 » by Neddy » Thu Oct 4, 2018 6:37 am

Quake Griffin wrote:http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/la-sp-dodgers-nlds-game-one-starter-20181002-story.html

I see the logic.
Smart choice.

And no, he doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt any more.

It’s time for a WS...not his feelings and accomodating him.

Overall this view will be better for us in October and moving forward.

hate to say it, but the guys who made this NLW show down happen and leading their ways... Ryu and Oh. two guys I have been advocating forever.

I also do admit that I have been advocating Yadier Alvarez and his Ramon Martinez-esque delivery for the last few years but the result is no where near. time to dump this dude in a trade. if selling low is not an option, we need to send him down to gain some effing confidence cuz he looks like he's got none right now. 22 and turning 23 at the beginning of next spring training, he is still young enougn and we have paid goddamn enough $$$ to now have nothing to lose but time and a minor league roster spot to develop his slow growing ass.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#186 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Oct 4, 2018 5:23 pm

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/la-sp-kershaw-hernandez-20181003-story.html

Another look into this decision.

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

2018 Postseason 

Post#187 » by Ranma » Fri Oct 5, 2018 12:04 am

Shouldn't we start a separate postseason thread? In any case, I can't say that I'm all that enthusiastic about the Dodgers' chances for this postseason. Our bats are still inconsistent, especially with regards to timely hitting, and our pitching has been in decline in regards to both the starters and relievers.

Jansen is no longer lights out but there's hope that he'll recover this off-season, if not this postseason. The guy just doesn't look right. Kershaw is no longer the best pitcher in baseball and he's not even the best on our staff as that honor belongs to Walker Buehler now. It's funny. I was primarily concerned with finding a co-ace to partner with Kershaw to take our staff to the next level and Buehler steps up into the role only to find our former ace in decline.

It pains me to admit that it may not be worth it to re-sign Kershaw this Winter. While I took major offense to QuakeGriffin's criticism of Clayton Kershaw last year, I can't argue that now it feels warranted. His decreased velocity is not something I can ignore at all, especially with his recurring back issues. Now he has to find a way to pitch like Bumgarner and he's still worth bring back for next season but right now he looks more like a #3 starter than an ace.

Buehler has been a godsend, but just like when we only had Kershaw, we still need another premier talent to fill the co-ace role. We can't expect too much out of him given his inexperience and possibly even health concerns.

Thank goodness we have Manny Machado, but he can't carry us by himself, especially when he's still acclimating himself to a new team, league, and regular position. Corey Seager be damned, Machado better be our starting SS for the foreseeable future. He's clearly the better defender at that position on defensive range and arm strength alone. Plus, he's still improving having moved away from the position for many years.

In any case, I'm hoping that our boys in blue can prove me and the doubters wrong, but I'll be rooting for them to live up to their full potential this postseason in order to bring home the long-awaited World Series trophy to Los Angeles.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

2019 Regular Season Discussion 

Post#188 » by Kilroy » Sun Apr 7, 2019 7:01 am

Hi guys, sorry for the delay, but here we go...

First season back in SoCal... Hoping to start catching some games live. :roll:
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Re: 2019 Regular Season Discussion 

Post#189 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Apr 7, 2019 10:36 pm

Kilroy wrote:Hi guys, sorry for the delay, but here we go...

You moved back from Texas (?)???

New job?
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#190 » by Kilroy » Mon Apr 8, 2019 5:50 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Kilroy wrote:Hi guys, sorry for the delay, but here we go...

You moved back from Texas (?)???

New job?

No, same job... I can work from any US office.
I moved back so my youngest could attend a special school. Texas School System sucks.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#191 » by TKainZero » Tue Apr 9, 2019 6:47 am

Kelly is the worst

I think he has cost the dodgers 3 loss already!!!
8-3
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#192 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:15 pm

TKainZero wrote:Kelly is the worst

I think he has cost the dodgers 3 loss already!!!
8-3

I never understood the signing from the get go.
I dunno of any bullpen arm this FO has committed to for 3 years or more that wasn't Kenley.

Naturally everybody is gonna scream for Kimbrel but I dunno if that is the answer either.

Hopefully Kelly snaps out of it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#193 » by Neddy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:14 am

good to see young Urias finally put it all together tonight. what a talent he is. just need to get some experience and gain some confidence.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#194 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:42 pm

Neddy wrote:good to see young Urias finally put it all together tonight. what a talent he is. just need to get some experience and gain some confidence.

And we move him down immediately.

This move better be purely about protecting his arm and fatigue.

No pussyfooting around with this kid.
He is a starter.
He has special stuff.
He has a good make up.

You are so right on the confidence. Like I said, he has a good make up. I literally cannot wait until he gets that confidence that elite level pitchers have. I know he will get it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#195 » by Neddy » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:21 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Neddy wrote:good to see young Urias finally put it all together tonight. what a talent he is. just need to get some experience and gain some confidence.

And we move him down immediately.

This move better be purely about protecting his arm and fatigue.

No pussyfooting around with this kid.
He is a starter.
He has special stuff.
He has a good make up.

You are so right on the confidence. Like I said, he has a good make up. I literally cannot wait until he gets that confidence that elite level pitchers have. I know he will get it.

I agree with you in every regard, but I do also recognize that he is coming off of a major shoulder surgery. limiting his pitch count and innings pitched at this stage of his career is not unwise.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#196 » by Quake Griffin » Wed May 1, 2019 2:27 am

I've said it once and I'll say it again.

This team/ front office does not take the Giants rivalry personally enough. They don't play them with a chip on their shoulder to beat them the way the Giants play us every damn time.

We should dominate this team in the season series every year and we do not.

It's weird but I don't think we'll ever be that championship team until we get right spiritually....part of that is having the nastiness...the filth...the ugliness to say, "**** SF...we're way better than them" and dominate them 13-6 in a season series or better.

We need a Kirk Gibson to come to our locker room and light that fire.

Too process oriented imo.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#197 » by Kilroy » Wed May 1, 2019 5:31 pm

It's great to see our hitting is working for us right now, but if you live by the long ball in the reg season, you die by it in the post season... Still don't trust our pitching... Walker has been great... But I worry about his ability to sustain it for a whole season with his body.
Having a hard time getting hyped even though we seem to be rolling.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#198 » by Quake Griffin » Thu May 2, 2019 4:54 am

Like I said.

We have no fire when it comes to the Giants. We don't take it personally. The players don't wear the fans' need for these wins on their sleeves when they play. You can tell just how much guys like Belt, Crawford, Bum, etc. etc. really want to beat us over the years.

If we beat them, ok. If not, it's okay because it's early. Formulaic. Process Oriented. I don't get the sense that any guys on our team hate them or go into SF with the real intention of shutting their fans the **** up.

A team that just got swept in their own home by the Yankees in embarrassing fashion found a way to take 2 out of 3 from us without a day of rest in between.

IT IS NOT OKAY TO LOSE TO THIS TEAM!
TAKE IT PERSONAL!
When you sign up to coach Michigan football, (against all logic) it is not okay to just talk National Titles. You must commit to beating Ohio State. It should be the same in Dodger Blue.

/LastRant
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#199 » by Quake Griffin » Sat May 4, 2019 4:43 am

Kershaw's first AB with Puig? Puig HR
Kershaw's first AB with Manny? Long bomb.

Does this guy ever just nut up in the moment and get the job done?
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#200 » by Quake Griffin » Sun May 12, 2019 2:22 am

ALEX
VERDUGO
IS
NOT
TRADE
BAIT
!!!!!11

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers