And1: 4,062

Dodgers' ART and Dugout Loop Projects 

Post#1 » by Ranma » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:02 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: Dodgers' ART and Dugout Loop Projects 

Post#2 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:19 pm

This should be viewed as an extension of the parking lot.
As such, the parking prices should come down. In fact, I don't even mind if they monetize this idea (at a price lower than the parking) if it lowers the parking prices.

What shouldn't happen is us creating a situation where we just kick a big parking problem on to Union Station.

Fans should be in sort of a "flip the coin" status about whether to drive to the stadium or use this service.

^^^^
This is how you provide an experience better than those around the league....a place like NYY Wrigley where you can park but it's much easier to train there would not be as acool as a place you can train to or drive to w/ no qualms.

This could have a huge effect on our attendance as a percentage. We always are at the top of the league but we are hardly up to capacity every night given how big our stadium is. This could help us fill this baby up on a nightly basis. We'd honestly have the best stadium and stadium experience if we brought in around 53-55k a night.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Ranma
RealGM

Los Angeles Times Reporting 

Post#3 » by Ranma » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:19 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#4 » by Kilroy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:11 pm

I do not trust/believe anything Elon Musk says... I would avoid his cars like the plague and would not trust a tunnel his companies built... So honestly, I know it creates Dodger buzz, but I'm kinda disappointed to hear about this project.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#5 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:18 am

Kilroy wrote:I do not trust/believe anything Elon Musk says... I would avoid his cars like the plague and would not trust a tunnel his companies built... So honestly, I know it creates Dodger buzz, but I'm kinda disappointed to hear about this project.

Cliffs?

I dunno much about him besides people think Teslas are cool, people think he's a great entreprenuer etc. etc.

What am I missing?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#6 » by Kilroy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:42 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Kilroy wrote:I do not trust/believe anything Elon Musk says... I would avoid his cars like the plague and would not trust a tunnel his companies built... So honestly, I know it creates Dodger buzz, but I'm kinda disappointed to hear about this project.

Cliffs?

I dunno much about him besides people think Teslas are cool, people think he's a great entreprenuer etc. etc.

What am I missing?

Basically, he over-promises, under-performs, and calls you and idiot for believing him in the first place.

He has a messiah complex... He tells the people what they want instead of providing what they ask for... And he doesn't even deliver on that.
For whatever reason, he's been given way more rope than others in his position as far as delivering on promises etc...

I think we're literally months away from a Grand Jury investigation, honestly.

And I think he's using this project to deflect from the mounting legal issues he's facing.
Ranma
RealGM

My Take on Elon Musk 

Post#7 » by Ranma » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:26 am

Kilroy wrote:Basically, he over-promises, under-performs, and calls you and idiot for believing him in the first place.

He has a messiah complex... He tells the people what they want instead of providing what they ask for... And he doesn't even deliver on that.
For whatever reason, he's been given way more rope than others in his position as far as delivering on promises etc...

And I think he's using this project to deflect from the mounting legal issues he's facing.

I'm not really going to argue against anything you're saying since I believe what you're saying is true. On top of that, he's also got a bit of the Steve Jobs complex in being real overbearing as a leader or boss, plus he wants to be the real life Tony Stark.

However, he is certainly brilliant as an engineer--much more so than Jobs ever was as I think the Apple icon was more of a marketer as well as a visionary, which Musk certainly also qualifies as--since he came up with the HyperLoop design along with this electric vehicle concepts. You can argue that he's also a humanitarian albeit in a practical manner. He's made his HyperLoop and electic car public so that other people can bring them to fruition given his busy endeavors with Tesla, SpaceX, and the Boring Company.

Those aforementioned designs would revolutionize transportation if fully realized. Of course, one could argue that by having his competitors also buy into his electric car design, that it would only further help his own company Tesla, but you have to give credit to him since he, is in fact, greatly responsible for accelerating the push towards zero-emission vehicles with the rising prevalence of electric vehicles.

His legal troubles seem to stem from his latest comments about taking Tesla private, which he seems serious about actually doing given his exploratory talks with financing partners.

He's also had relationship issues in the past, but again, he shares that with Jobs as well. Basically, he has big ideas and an accompanying ego. There is certainly a lot of things for him to navigate, especially with all the red tape he has to go through with different political bodies around the world but he legitimately is a brilliant man.

But as you said, his ego gets him into trouble when he spouts off like he tends to do like he did by calling the Thai cave rescuer a pedophile for not using his submarine design.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Re: My Take on Elon Musk 

Post#8 » by Kilroy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:23 am

Ranma wrote:
Kilroy wrote:Basically, he over-promises, under-performs, and calls you and idiot for believing him in the first place.

I'm not really going to argue against anything you're saying since I believe what you're saying is true. On top of that, he's also got a bit of the Steve Jobs complex in being real overbearing as a leader or boss, plus he wants to be the real life Tony Stark.

However, he is certainly brilliant as an engineer--much more so than Jobs ever was as I think the Apple icon was more of a marketer as well as a visionary, which Musk certainly also qualifies as--since he came up with the HyperLoop design along with this electric vehicle concepts. You can argue that he's also a humanitarian albeit in a practical manner. He's made his HyperLoop and electic car public so that other people can bring them to fruition given his busy endeavors with Tesla, SpaceX, and the Boring Company.

Those aforementioned designs would revolutionize transportation if fully realized. Of course, one could argue that by having his competitors also buy into his electric car design, that it would only further help his own company Tesla, but you have to give credit to him since he, is in fact, greatly responsible for accelerating the push towards zero-emission vehicles with the rising prevalence of electric vehicles.

His legal troubles seem to stem from his latest comments about taking Tesla private, which he seems serious about actually doing given his exploratory talks with financing partners.

He's also had relationship issues in the past, but again, he shares that with Jobs as well. Basically, he has big ideas and an accompanying ego. There is certainly a lot of things for him to navigate, especially with all the red tape he has to go through with different political bodies around the world but he legitimately is a brilliant man.

But as you said, his ego gets him into trouble when he spouts off like he tends to do like he did by calling the Thai cave rescuer a pedophile for not using his submarine design.

I can't tell if he's truly a brilliant engineer or just an visionary Svengali...
He's always seemed to skirt the edge of business propriety if not the actual law... I think his current arrogance is just a continuation of a theme moreso than a new level.

I don't actually think he accelerated anything... I think the acceleration was already happening, and he hasn't delivered 1/3rd of what he promised so far anyway... But he definitely was in the right place at the right time, with the right spiel to become the face of that acceleration...

Where's my solar roof?
Anyone happy with tesla 3's?
How many more people are going to burn up in his other cars?
Who the **** thinks a self driving car is a good idea?
Has the Boring company completed anything yet?
How's that fleet of electric self driving big rigs coming along?

He has a pattern of, when the public seems to start tiring of his act, he starts touting a big new project from one of his companies...
Can't deliver model 3s? Stocks taking a hit? "Hey let's break ground on another multi-billion dollar factory."
FTC pissed at you? Hey let's dig a tunnel to Dodger Stadium...

An a way he called the future, and is watching it pass him by... Porsche is about to kick his ass... The solar roof thing is bold but impractical... I'll really need to see a completed tunnel project before I take the Boring company seriously.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers