No 2019-20 offseason thread?

Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: No 2019-20 offseason thread? 

Post#21 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:41 pm

Price punks out of the season.

I believe if the Dodgers are serious about winning a WS for the city of Los Angeles, they put on a full court press to bring in Jacob deGrom when the Mets, inevitably, start sucking this year.

I'd spare almost no expense to pair him with Walker Buehler headed into October.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,246

Post#22 » by wco81 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:49 pm

How do teams and players approach the season?

Seems like the only reason they finally agreed to this 6-game season was to get some money for players and for the league to maintain some TV deals.

I'm not sure if this season is going to count towards years of service for players who are tracking towards different levels of arbitration or eventual free agency.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,246

Post#23 » by wco81 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:37 pm

Betts going to sign a 13-year $380 million deal.

That sounds lower annual avg. salary than the deal the Red Sox reportedly offered him, though much shorter length of contract.

But it takes Betts out to age 40.

Dodgers are in good shape elsewhere, with a good deal for Muncy (assuming he keeps up his production) and young quality pitchers on cheap deals in Buehler and Urias.

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/los-angeles-dodgers/yearly/payroll/

Big contract coming for Bellinger obviously in 2022. Maybe Seager too.

Do they re-sign Turner who’s a UFA after this year? Or Price?

Or Jansen and Kershaw in 2022?

Dodgers have this pandemic season and next year to win WS before some key players are due for big extensions in 2022.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#24 » by Kilroy » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:45 am

Yeah... The window is closing. It's been closing. That's what's frustrating... And especially infuriating about the cheating season...

We need to go all in because our talent pool is drying up a bit. I'm thinking it might be time for the Turner era to end in favor of some more production. Unless Jansen found the fountain of youth this lockdown time, I think we need to let that go as well. Kershaw has some more innings in him, but not as an ace... We have holes. We need to get creative and not be afraid to over-spend to fill them.

I know LA will love the Dodgers and buy seats no matter what, but still... After all they hype about the new ownership group, I think they owe LA a win. The drought is firmly in bottom-rung team territory at this point.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers