Post#1 » by ijspeelman » Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:12 am

Read on Twitter
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
And1: 911

Re: Game 26: Kings @ Cavs 12/9/2022 

Post#2 » by ijspeelman » Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:44 am

Kings started super hot from three on contested attempts. Cooled down in the second quarter.

Obviously missing a lot of spacing missing Mitchell and Love and it shows. 6/18 thus far. Its requiring Garland to do a lot and he's doing a lot well so far.

There was a gorgeous play that ran into a Mobley post-up that I believe he converted or got fouled, but he screened for Garland then ran to do a pin-down for Cedi and then ran into open post-up position against a smaller player.
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#3 » by ijspeelman » Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:20 am

KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,143

Post#4 » by KuruptedCav » Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:57 am

Cavs were gassed in Q4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,737

Post#5 » by JujitsuFlip » Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:08 am

Kings got the Cavs number?
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#6 » by ijspeelman » Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:09 am

KuruptedCav wrote:Cavs were gassed in Q4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to chalk this one up to missing two key rotational offensive pieces. Honestly, our defense looked good and the Kings were over on how many threes they should have made, but its a variable shot and it was on tonight for them.
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#7 » by ijspeelman » Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:23 am

lol @r/cavs deciding that Garland is the problem and needs traded
TheLand13
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,533

Post#8 » by TheLand13 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:55 am

The only other loss we've had this season that frustrated me more than this was the one against the Clippers. This was a game that we let get away from us, and is another example of us not being able to close out games properly.

But with that said, injuries have been a major problem for this Cleveland team. I should be happy with how well we've been doing inspite of them, but it's hard to ignore something like this.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,616

Post#9 » by JonFromVA » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:16 pm

ijspeelman wrote:lol @r/cavs deciding that Garland is the problem and needs traded

Garland doesn't need to be traded, but I do expect him to play better than that, even when having to deal with Davion Mitchell.

He's been a bit off this season and if anything this game shows it's not just because he has to share the ball with Mitchell.

I'd talk about the lack of production from Allen and Mobley, but that all starts with DG.

Feels like last year Darius would have closed this game out, no problem.
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#10 » by ijspeelman » Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:57 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
ijspeelman wrote:lol @r/cavs deciding that Garland is the problem and needs traded

Garland doesn't need to be traded, but I do expect him to play better than that, even when having to deal with Davion Mitchell.

He's been a bit off this season and if anything this game shows it's not just because he has to share the ball with Mitchell.

I'd talk about the lack of production from Allen and Mobley, but that all starts with DG.

Maybe I’m overselling it, but to me this seemed like a game where we lacked spacing so much that Garland couldn’t break down the defense enough to generate plays for others and when he did, the paint was so packed that most available plays were at the perimeter where we were at a disadvantage.

The only average to plus spacers last night: Garland, LeVert (some ppl would say arguable), and Cedi. That’s extremely limited for an eight man rotation. Kings were able to pack the paint and live with our three ball while they were gunslinging off contested shots.

Defense was played tonight and we held the Kings -3.5 rORTG (relative to their season avg ORTG). Due to injuries, we were lacking offensive firepower and I don’t think I can chalk it up to players not punching their weight.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,616

Post#11 » by JonFromVA » Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:03 pm

ijspeelman wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

Maybe I’m overselling it, but to me this seemed like a game where we lacked spacing so much that Garland couldn’t break down the defense enough to generate plays for others and when he did, the paint was so packed that most available plays were at the perimeter where we were at a disadvantage.

The only average to plus spacers last night: Garland, LeVert (some ppl would say arguable), and Cedi. That’s extremely limited for an eight man rotation. Kings were able to pack the paint and live with our three ball while they were gunslinging off contested shots.

Defense was played tonight and we held the Kings -3.5 rORTG (relative to their season avg ORTG). Due to injuries, we were lacking offensive firepower and I don’t think I can chalk it up to players not punching their weight.

True, the spacing was awful, my expectations for Darius are just super high. I expect him to not turnover the ball, knock down those step backs, and not miss a floater or a pull-up when they leave him that.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,737

Post#12 » by JujitsuFlip » Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:18 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
ijspeelman wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

True, the spacing was awful, my expectations for Darius are just super high. I expect him to not turnover the ball, knock down those step backs, and not miss a floater or a pull-up when they leave him that.
He's still just 22 years old, probably gonna have some plays/games like that.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers