Hou and Cleveland trade in works?

Moderator: ijspeelman

wadero
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Hou and Cleveland trade in works? 

Post#1 » by wadero » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:22 pm

http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/1446246 ... ge=all&c=y

Looks like you guys are interested in Kirk Snyder, would you trade Simmons for him? That looks like the best deal for both Teams.
Listen to the lunatic inside you
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
-- Robin Williams (1952- ), American actor and comedian
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst

Post#2 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:29 pm

I could see us giving Shannon Brown, apparently we like Simmons.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#3 » by B Mac » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:30 pm

We need all the bigs we can get right now with AV out. Plus the Cavs management is very high on Simmon's upside. I dont see the trade being with Simmons.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by B Mac » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:31 pm

Oh and of the two players talked about, Id rather have Jack.
wadero
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by wadero » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:58 pm

I dont see what else you guys can offer other than a pick!!!
Listen to the lunatic inside you

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."

-- Robin Williams (1952- ), American actor and comedian
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by B Mac » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:04 pm

wadero wrote:I dont see what else you guys can offer other than a pick!!!

"Chicks dig me."
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by B Mac » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:07 pm

Looking more into the salaries, you're right, the only salary that works 1 for 1 is Cedric. Surely we could expand it and make Ira work for you.
Bamboozled
Sophomore

Post#8 » by Bamboozled » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:14 pm

I think both Jack and Snyder would be able to make the Cavs rotation. I'm not very high on Pavlovic at all, and think that he's playing big minutes simply because they don't have anyone better. Jack's defensive mentality would let him take some of Larry's minutes too, although if I had my choice of PGs from Portland, I'd rather take "Spanish Chocolate" and bite the bullet on him being turnover-prone for a few years.....
Go Cavs!
Bamboozled
Sophomore

Post#9 » by Bamboozled » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:30 pm

Also, here's Kirk Snyder's scouting report from ESPN:

2006-07 season: Snyder snagged a rotation spot to start the season but broke his wrist on Nov. 20 and was out of the mix by the time he came back. Though he saw some spot duty in the second half of the season, he played only nine minutes in the playoffs. When he did play, his numbers were nearly a carbon copy of the results he'd had for the Hornets a season earlier, with one glaring exception: He lost three points off his 40-minute scoring rate.

Snyder's resume says he's a shooting guard, but his stats are those of a bigger player. Among shooting guards, he had the second-best rate of blocks but the fourth-worst rate of steals, and the eighth-best rebound rate but the fourth-worst free-throw percentage. If not for the assist and 3-point numbers, you'd think he was a 6-10 power forward and not a 6-6 wing player.

Scouting report: Snyder is a bit of a jack of all trades offensively, doing a decent job handling the ball, shooting the 3 just well enough to make defenses respect him (33.7 percent for his career) and drawing a high rate of free throws because of his strength going to the basket. However, he needs to improve from the line (69.1 percent for his career) because much of his offensive game is predicated on getting there.

Defensively, Snyder has the potential to be very good but doesn't always seem to be engaged with the process. However, he's a strong rebounder at either wing spot and his physique makes him difficult to post up against.

2007-08 outlook: Snyder is the one player who has the most to lose with Rick Adelman's arrival, for two reasons. First, Adelman tends to stick with a seven- or eight-man rotation rather than use his whole bench. Second, Adelman's arrival meant Bonzi Wells chose to stay rather than leave. Sum it up and that broken wrist last season starts looking awfully costly, because Snyder is unlikely to play much this season even though he's more than capable of being a decent rotation player.
Go Cavs!
zmac-
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#10 » by zmac- » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:02 am

I dont see the point in getting Snyder at all...
Bamboozled
Sophomore

Post#11 » by Bamboozled » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:34 pm

If it doesn't cost much (like Shannon Brown), I'd say give him a chance. He can't be much worse than Pavlovic, and since he's American, he probably won't be left with boughts of Serbian homesickness....
Go Cavs!
jnester71
Sophomore

Post#12 » by jnester71 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:53 am

Dude,
how can you say a deal is in the works

it says we inquired about Snyder in the small print at the bottom... after three year old Larry Brown news..

this means nothing.. Ferry and every other GM will tell you they talk about players every day..

I'm sure he asked Ainge about Garnett and Kupchak about Kobe too

the only thing this does is prove those of you who say Ferry has been sleeping all year wrong.

he was awake.. and he made a couple of calls

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers