ImageImageImage

NJ/CLE/WAS - Kidd to Cavs

Moderator: ijspeelman

rjgraca
Head Coach
And1: 43

Post#21 » by rjgraca » Fri Feb 1, 2008 4:38 pm

Some people are just blinded by what a player used to be and are not anymore. I am not a big Peter Vesey fan, but he wrote the following comment which I kind of agree with about Kidd:

No Kidding Around

He's a lousy leader. He's an offensive liability. He has contaminated the team. He's making costly mistakes at the end of games. And he's owed $21.3M next season.

"People are blinded by his triple doubles," said a respected member of the Nets franchise. "They fail to see he has become a high-priced role player."

From the New York Post (www.nypost.com)

As for Larry Hughes -- it's obvious that he's not a good fit with Lebron with last nights game high lighting that fact.

Larry Hughes against Seattle

28 points, 5 assists and 6 rebounds

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2008013125

But -- it doesn't make sense with all these deals where worse garbage talent and contracts wise for him are glady accepted by some members of this board. I am not saying that Kidd is a garbage player -- but he isn't what he used to be and no matter what the Nets fantasies of his value are -- the fact remains that they will have to take back at least one bad contract like Larry Hughes in order to move Kidd.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers