45%
NO
55%

Total votes: 47

Bamboozled
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#21 » by Bamboozled » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:03 pm

Acquiring Bibby and Artest for Gibson/Gooden and Marshall would have been worth it, but I seriously doubt that deal was ever on the table. I think Artest would have actually been a better PF than Gooden, due to the increase of tweener PFs, and as long as Anderson would still be on hand for positional matchups.

But Gibson straight up for Bibby is sort of a sideways maneuver. Bibby gives you a lot more offense right now, but the guy has missed a lot of games, and will cost significantly more than Gibson for a few more seasons. And by the time Bibby's contract is up, I wouldn't rule out Gibons being better than Bibby completely. Plus Gibson's mediocre defense is still better than Bibby's. This deal only makes sense if Ferry is in "holy s**t, I think Lebron is gonna leave, we gotta make reckless moves" mode.
Go Cavs!
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#22 » by B Mac » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:05 pm

Whoa since when did outsiders feel the need to tell us we're wrong about our team? You gotta at least get educated on the facts you are trying to throw around before you start trying to make an argument.

Gooden and Gibson for Bibby? :o LOL Did you see the package that the Kings for for Bibby? Gibson or Gooden alone are worth more than S. Williams, and you wanted us to give up both?
Niko23
Lead Assistant
And1: 900

Post#23 » by Niko23 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:48 pm

Whoa since when did outsiders feel the need to tell us we're wrong about our team? You gotta at least get educated on the facts you are trying to throw around before you start trying to make an argument.

Gooden and Gibson for Bibby? LOL Did you see the package that the Kings for for Bibby? Gibson or Gooden alone are worth more than S. Williams, and you wanted us to give up both?

I could not say it better myself....
These people are clearly just insane...

But I still do agree that something needs to be done
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#24 » by Icness » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:54 am

L&H_05 wrote:Nope...

Why ? Because if LeBron leaves it will have been 7 great years here... He gave us 7 great years and took this franchise further than it's ever been, and provided enough highlights to last a lifetime...

If you can't build a championship caliber team around him in 7 damn years, that's on someone else and not LeBron.. He busted his ass and played hard every night, and never complained at all about his pathetic teammates, lack of quality coaching etc....

What he did against the Pistons will forever be etched in my mind...He made basketball fun and important again in this city, and if he leaves I wish him nothing but the best, and I hope he ends up winning more titles than Jordan and turns out to e the greatest... Sure, I hope it's here, but if it's not I still wish him the best..

IMO, if LeBron is going to leave ? his mind is already made up... He knows right now whether or not he's going to Brooklyn.. Cause lets face it, he's not going to the Bulls, Knicks or Lakers... The only team he is going to is the Nets when they move to Brooklyn.. And it's probably already premeditated that him and Wade might go there and play together... Nothing the Cavs can put around him to make him stay since his heart is set on playing there (if indeed that is the case)

But he's never lied to the fans here... He's never said he's going to stay or this is his first choice...He's going to do what he wants to do, and if that's the case you really can't be pissed at a guy for doing what he wants and making a choice that makes him happy...It's what I would do...

We shall see... If he stays he stays... If he leaves he leaves...

Well said!! :clap:
It's been a pleasure watching him play, and I love the fact we get 3 more seasons for him to lead us to a title.

If he wants to leave without any rings after that long, I'll think he's making a mistake but I won't hold it against him. For long. Of course if (when) he leaves, the Cavalier franchise will soon follow, and that prospect disturbs me quite a bit.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#25 » by TheOUTLAW » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:45 am

It's good to know that I'm not the only one who realizes that almost the Cavs total value is tied up in one player, LeBron James.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
GoLebron
Ballboy

Post#26 » by GoLebron » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:58 am

Honestly, depends where he goes and if its because we aren't winning here and who's to blame for that. If he leaves the cavs after they go to all kinds of lengths to build a championship team around him and either we won or didn't win because he didnt show up and goes to the shiatshow that is the knicks or nets just for the money, then I will hate him because it'll be a greedy move and there's no way I will ever root for a NY team. On the other hand, I love Lebron the basketball player, so if it's the organizations fault and he went to, say, the warriors or even the celtics, I'd forsake the Cavs and move to SF and become a warriors fan or boston and become a celtics fan. There's no way the Cavs should not be able to build a championship team around Lebron, so I would not feel bad about this either.
Uncooked
Bench Warmer

Post#27 » by Uncooked » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:09 am

Yes. Nothing personal, I just don't like other players on other teams.
vct33
Veteran
And1: 841

Post#28 » by vct33 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:44 pm

I'd rather see him succeed someplace else than fail here. He deserves to have some talent around him. Having said that, barring some completely idiotic moves in the next 12 months, the Cavs should be in a real position to get LBJ some big-time help.
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#29 » by realfung » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:58 am

I think coz he will be too great to be hated....no one will hate him
thabolosha
Banned User

Post#30 » by thabolosha » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:28 am

i'll be quite happy when he comes 2 the bulls. :clap: the only way he goes to the nets is if they can get rid of carter.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#31 » by L&H_05 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:35 am

I'm willing to bet LeBron has a negative number % of desire to play for the Bulls...

It's Nets or Cavs..

And if it came down to all the big markets, I bet Chicago would fall last... Hell, I think non state tax teams like Orlando and Miami Florida even have a better shot than the Bulls... And neither of those teams have any shot..
jnester71
Sophomore

Post#32 » by jnester71 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:57 am

its almost funny that we're still talking about this..

if its about money then we can offer more..

if its about championships then he's got to know the owner and GM have his back right now.. I'm not even saying that I think this deal put us over the top.. I'm just saying he has to feel like they're trying and VERY willing to please him..

it would take some real stones to leave the place that made him everything he is and where he is revered as "the king"

the only way he would leave is to go hollywood ala Shaq..
I'm even halfway certain LeBron and/or Wise would have madeKAZAAM! a box office hit..

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers