ImageImageImage

Dion Waiters: Aye

Moderator: ijspeelman

TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Re: WTH did the Cavs see in Dion Waiters? 

Post#61 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:11 am

Maybe, but fact is Kyrie doesn't get the foul calls he should get either. It just flat out sucks to be on a bad team especially when you play against the Lakers.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#62 » by BossHoggin » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:18 am

what a bust, laying an egg vs Sacramento...
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
Rise Against
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 73

Post#63 » by Rise Against » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:41 am

What a great game by Waiters. 33 points on 12-18 shooting. It sure seems like ever since he got benched, he has been playing much better.
fart
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

Post#64 » by fart » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:03 pm

Good game by D-wait
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
Manny Phresh
Senior
And1: 15

Post#65 » by Manny Phresh » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:32 pm

It was like Kyrie and Dion switched jerseys. Kyrie played like Dion and Dion played like Kyrie... Now we just gotta be able to get them to wear the same jersey every game.
BallAboveAll wrote:If you are in a marriage or a serious relationship you have to do crap you don't want to do sometimes. Why? Women can go longer without sex. :lol:
fart
Assistant Coach

Post#66 » by fart » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:46 am

Dion follows up his career game with that turd of a performance? Consistency, it is what separates good players from bad players.
SargentBargs101 wrote:

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
SaiCLE
Rookie
And1: 215

Post#67 » by SaiCLE » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:53 am

fart wrote:Dion follows up his career game with that turd of a performance? Consistency, it is what separates good players from bad players.

Yea that is usually why he is called a rookie. You know since rookies are usually not that consistent.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:55 pm

Not to mention that the game Dion had a great game Kyrie had a terrible one. Maybe both need to be a tad more consistent.
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#69 » by roc » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:00 am

B Mac wrote:I dont know what it is about Dion, but I cant remember a player getting less respect from the refs than him. His FG% should be several ticks higher if he were to get half of the calls he should be getting, and his PPG would be a couple points higher to boot. Lets hope his rookie hazing period is almost over from the refs, because its beyond ridiculous. Hopefully next year he starts actually getting the calls he's earned and can setup his outside shot based off of his driving ability like he has been trying to.

Would be so nice to see all players treated equally by the refs and to have games called properly without bias. :-?
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#70 » by gflem » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:03 am

r0cd0gg wrote:
B Mac wrote:I dont know what it is about Dion, but I cant remember a player getting less respect from the refs than him. His FG% should be several ticks higher if he were to get half of the calls he should be getting, and his PPG would be a couple points higher to boot. Lets hope his rookie hazing period is almost over from the refs, because its beyond ridiculous. Hopefully next year he starts actually getting the calls he's earned and can setup his outside shot based off of his driving ability like he has been trying to.

Would be so nice to see all players treated equally by the refs and to have games called properly without bias. :-?

You would have to take that up with Stern and his management team, good luck with that!
fart
Assistant Coach

Post#71 » by fart » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:10 am

I think Waiters has had his best game of the season tonight. He has already shot 14 free throws, and has been attacking the rim every time he gets the ball. If he plays this way every night, he could probably average 8 FTA per game and that would be huge.
SargentBargs101 wrote:

IMHO
Junior
And1: 24

Post#72 » by IMHO » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:10 am

waiters playing well is a double edged sword.

i mean is it really matter of him coming off the bench off now and fitting well into that role, or was that a wake up call for him to step it up?
Baseline Runner
Analyst
And1: 1,067

Post#73 » by Baseline Runner » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:10 pm

He was injured.

He is a rookie.

He was making adjustments to his shot, both in learning how to finish over bigs and to stop fading on his jump shots,

He is earning respect from the refs.

Along with Kyrie he is the only offensive facilitator.

Despite all of that he has played pretty damn good. I expect the Dion that emerges in the future will be the one that we have seen over the last 5 games.
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,014

Post#74 » by rockmanslim » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:12 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WG9lhGt1Y8[/youtube]

:eek:
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#75 » by Harper4Ferry? » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:22 am

How is that not a shooting foul on top of everything. He got hit.
oikosnomos
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,934

Post#76 » by oikosnomos » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:14 pm

fart wrote:I mean I was beyond confused on draft night and I still have no idea why they picked him over drummond or barnes.

If Dion just learns when and where to take his shots, his shooting percentage goes up. That is the one glaring flaw in his game right now...it's really bad, but it's also very, very correctable. I think he goes the way of Kemba Walker and just becomes a more efficient scorer next year. His defense is good, his court vision is very good, he has a good motor and strength. You boost his shooting percentage to 42-43%, he is a legit ROY candidate.

Drummond is the only guy right now that looks like a better pick, but he plays a unique role and we haven't seen him in extended minutes. You win some and lose some but that is the draft. Dion, while flawed is far from this sure fire bust that people keep insisting he is...these sorts of threads are tiresome.
ThirdEyeSharp
Junior
And1: 36

Post#77 » by ThirdEyeSharp » Fri Feb 1, 2013 5:07 pm

The problem I see with Dion is he'll go like 6 straight possessions without passing. He doesn't move well without the ball, and his shot selection is very poor. He's like the anti-Irving; he has all the athletic ability and talent but has no idea how to use it. Coaching will play a big role in his development, but I'm not sure he'll ever be a great starting 2.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#78 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Feb 1, 2013 7:44 pm

I can't say I've ever seen him have 6 straight possessions without a pass. Heck he has been passing more than Kyrie
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#79 » by B Mac » Fri Feb 1, 2013 11:43 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:I can't say I've ever seen him have 6 straight possessions without a pass. Heck he has been passing more than Kyrie

Yea I totally disagree with that statement. One of the major strengths of Dion's game is his playmaking ability.
SaiCLE
Rookie
And1: 215

Post#80 » by SaiCLE » Fri Feb 1, 2013 11:56 pm

ThirdEyeSharp wrote:The problem I see with Dion is he'll go like 6 straight possessions without passing. He doesn't move well without the ball, and his shot selection is very poor. He's like the anti-Irving; he has all the athletic ability and talent but has no idea how to use it. Coaching will play a big role in his development, but I'm not sure he'll ever be a great starting 2.

Waiters passes the ball more than Kyrie does(before he got hurt he was averaging 7 asts). I agree about Waiters not moving well off the ball, hopefully he will work on that in the off season. His shot selection has improved through the last few games, he will take 2 bad shots but hey he is improving. Coaching is a serious problem, look how Byron runs his offense, it involves Kyrie or Dion to score on isolation attempts while everyone stands in a corner waiting for a three. Don't let me get started on Byron help defensive scheme :nonono:

By the way, It's up to Dion to become a all star or whatever. Not sure he can reach that, but he has the tools to achieve it. Nice post man.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers