Tristan Thompson
12%

Total votes: 105

iggymcfrack
RealGM
And1: 8,003

Who should be starting alongside LeBron 

Post#1 » by iggymcfrack » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:56 am

So I'm not actually a Cavs fun, but in terms of coaching/lineup setting, I think they've been the most fascinating team in the association all year, and that's only ramped up after the trade. Who should be starting alongside LeBron right now before K-Love comes back?
kiwibrindle
Starter
And1: 80

Re: Who should be starting alongside LeBron 

Post#2 » by kiwibrindle » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:00 pm

I only picked three because I refuse to ever vote for TT Kardashian being on the floor let alone paying him over 8 mill a year. Worst Contract ever!
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#3 » by Stillwater » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:53 pm

Just about any players on the roster will be just fine playing with the KIng.
But, line ups will be governed a lot by who is on the floor without him.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Post#4 » by Freighttrain » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:38 pm

I personally like Hill-Hood-LeBron-Love-Nance but JR has been great these last 4-5 games so I don't really mind him starting over hood. Perhaps he needed the comfort of knowing he wasn't going to be traded or the locker room debacle affected him aswell, being the pressure of Dwade at that same position making him uncomfortable but that's just guessing. If Nance keeps playing like this I can't imagine Lue not starting him over TT.. But he's known for 'sticking' with his line-up when he should of made adjustments way earlier so we'll see.
cavs4872
Senior
And1: 242

Post#5 » by cavs4872 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:21 pm

I think the more interesting question is what the lineup should be when Love comes back, because Korver (one of our most effective players on the floor) only managed to get eight minutes with him out, but since that wasn't actually your question, right now I'm going Hill, Hood, Nance and TT.

Even though JR has been lit lately, I would be a fan of he and Osman just falling out of the rotation completely when Love comes back in order to give more burn to Korver.

I'm not sure that I believe the Osman hype, and that he isn't just the next Delly (a player who gets big money just because LeBron made him good); so he's a product of LeBron, and there have been countless products of LeBron who have been unable to even remain in the league without playing alongside him (JJ Hickson, Varejao, Daniel Gibson, Sasha Pavlovic, etc.) and Osman just gives me that vibe.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#6 » by Stillwater » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:53 am

cavs4872 wrote:I think the more interesting question is what the lineup should be when Love comes back, because Korver (one of our most effective players on the floor) only managed to get eight minutes with him out, but since that wasn't actually your question, right now I'm going Hill, Hood, Nance and TT.

Even though JR has been lit lately, I would be a fan of he and Osman just falling out of the rotation completely when Love comes back in order to give more burn to Korver.

I'm not sure that I believe the Osman hype, and that he isn't just the next Delly (a player who gets big money just because LeBron made him good); so he's a product of LeBron, and there have been countless products of LeBron who have been unable to even remain in the league without playing alongside him (JJ Hickson, Varejao, Daniel Gibson, Sasha Pavlovic, etc.) and Osman just gives me that vibe.

Osman is an NBA rookie but he plays like veteran and doesn't need LEBRON on the floor to be effective. His hustle intensity defensive iq and ability to pass and attack the basket are extremely underated and I do not agree he is a Varejao or Delly type byproduct
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,932

Post#7 » by Mamba4Goat » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:56 pm

I think the best lineup without Love is Clarkson-Hill-Cedi-Bron-TT, then once Love gets back you have to bench either Cedi, Clarkson, or Hill and slide Bron back down to the three while putting Love back at the 4. An interesting thing will be Nance and TT competing for the bigger role. (I may just love Nance more than everyone else though)
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#8 » by Dupp » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:08 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:I think the best lineup without Love is Clarkson-Hill-Cedi-Bron-TT, then once Love gets back you have to bench either Cedi, Clarkson, or Hill and slide Bron back down to the three while putting Love back at the 4. An interesting thing will be Nance and TT competing for the bigger role. (I may just love Nance more than everyone else though)

Thompson doesn’t even deserve to be in the rotation. Nance is already way better.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#9 » by cheese318 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:00 am

Thompson does deserve to start. He has actually been playing his best basketball of the year over the course of the last two weeks or so. I like what he brings on the court. Only issue that may occur is when Kevin Love returns. I like the depth regardless but the best lineup will be with Love at the Center position having TT off the bench. That would create a logjam with Nance on the bench too. Tristan brings energy to the starting lineup so I’m okay with him starting but should only be seeing the court for about 20-25 minutes a game

Dupp wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:I think the best lineup without Love is Clarkson-Hill-Cedi-Bron-TT, then once Love gets back you have to bench either Cedi, Clarkson, or Hill and slide Bron back down to the three while putting Love back at the 4. An interesting thing will be Nance and TT competing for the bigger role. (I may just love Nance more than everyone else though)

Thompson doesn’t even deserve to be in the rotation. Nance is already way better.
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
Dupp
RealGM

Post#10 » by Dupp » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:27 am

cheese318 wrote:Thompson does deserve to start. He has actually been playing his best basketball of the year over the course of the last two weeks or so. I like what he brings on the court. Only issue that may occur is when Kevin Love returns. I like the depth regardless but the best lineup will be with Love at the Center position having TT off the bench. That would create a logjam with Nance on the bench too. Tristan brings energy to the starting lineup so I’m okay with him starting but should only be seeing the court for about 20-25 minutes a game

Dupp wrote:

TT doesn’t bring energy though.

Steven Adams embarrassed him the other day. Everyone else on the team was good and he was a huge negative as always

Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,932

Post#11 » by Mamba4Goat » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:34 am

Dupp wrote:
cheese318 wrote:Thompson does deserve to start. He has actually been playing his best basketball of the year over the course of the last two weeks or so. I like what he brings on the court. Only issue that may occur is when Kevin Love returns. I like the depth regardless but the best lineup will be with Love at the Center position having TT off the bench. That would create a logjam with Nance on the bench too. Tristan brings energy to the starting lineup so I’m okay with him starting but should only be seeing the court for about 20-25 minutes a game

Dupp wrote:

TT doesn’t bring energy though.

Steven Adams embarrassed him the other day. Everyone else on the team was good and he was a huge negative as always

Your quote messed with me at first. :lol: Now that I've actually put a little more thought into it, TT may fall victim to Loves return simply because Nance can play PF more comfortably and Love center.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
The Warrior
Head Coach
And1: 10,093

Post#12 » by The Warrior » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:11 am

Speaking of Kevin Love, when is he due back? I think his skill set will compliment the new players very nicely and vice versa.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#13 » by Stillwater » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:13 pm

The Warrior wrote:Speaking of Kevin Love, when is he due back? I think his skill set will compliment the new players very nicely and vice versa.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

original diagnosis was 6-8 weeks
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#14 » by Stillwater » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:18 pm

Nance can be utilized better on the second unit at the 5 , I doubt he gets much time as a starter unless it's at the 4 with Love at the 5 but that also seems less likely then TT at the 5 and Love at the 4.
I would not be surprised if Love is on the 2nd unit at the 4 when he first comes back with Nance at the 5 if Lebron continues playing the 4 in the sl etc.
Love is going to have a difficult time trying to mesh coming back right before the post season.
Ainosterhaspie
Starter
And1: 2,231

Post#15 » by Ainosterhaspie » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:44 am

I like what they're doing right now. Not saying g the starters should get the most minutes, but TT/LBJ/Osman/JR/Hill is good to start.
cavs4872
Senior
And1: 242

Post#16 » by cavs4872 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:11 pm

I feel like you will totally lose JR if you don't start him.

With 49 votes, Lue's lineup actually won out.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#17 » by Stillwater » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:13 am

cavs4872 wrote:I feel like you will totally lose JR if you don't start him.

With 49 votes, Lue's lineup actually won out.

Shouldn't be an issue now that he believes the Cavs are a contender again. Swish has had a rough season but many of the problems were born of issues that are gone. He doesn't have to cover for Hill or any other pairing anymore so his offense should not suffer any longer.
He won't move back to bench unless he struggles offensively a lot ,and that would mean we wouldn't want him STARTING anyway
Dupp
RealGM

Post#18 » by Dupp » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:45 pm

Why’s nance playing only 16 mins smh
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#19 » by Stillwater » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:54 pm

^ Yeah it's early in the learning curve process. Cedi shot wasn't falling so I get it that Lue went with others to see if that helped in the 2nd half(it didn't) so I would have liked to see Cedi's energy for 40 minutes. Nance's energy is also greater than TT and would not surprise me if he outplays TT enough to take more of his minutes
Dupp
RealGM

Post#20 » by Dupp » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:42 am

Wow nance got more minutes and guess what happens

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers