ImageImageImage

Trade Ideas (Part III)

Moderator: jbk1234

User avatar
Stillwater
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,384
And1: 1,130
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#761 » by Stillwater » Thu Feb 8, 2018 6:08 pm

we just turned Frye Rose IT3 Crowder and our protected 1st into
Hill,Nance,Hood and Clarkson. seems like we got better too me.
"If a bullet’s going to get you, it’s already been fired” Sgt. Shroom
Celtics>Cavs in the regular season :lol:
User avatar
Stillwater
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,384
And1: 1,130
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#762 » by Stillwater » Thu Feb 8, 2018 6:09 pm

[url]
Read on Twitter
[/url]
Altman is going nuts
this was only for a 2nd rounder though , :crazy:
"If a bullet’s going to get you, it’s already been fired” Sgt. Shroom
Celtics>Cavs in the regular season :lol:
User avatar
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,042
And1: 3,178
Joined: May 28, 2015
     

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#763 » by bmurph128 » Thu Feb 8, 2018 6:31 pm

Man what are these rotations going to look like now?
cheese318
Junior
Posts: 300
And1: 50
Joined: Nov 13, 2013

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#764 » by cheese318 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:08 am

Pretty impressive if you just had Nance instead of Randle you would have got half the trade right

mackmack456 wrote:Trade ideal without nets pick on table. clippers/lakers/kings want cap space or nets pick. fyre might not get traded

iman shumpert/frye/rose//jose calderon cavs 1st/ best assets .

Lakers jordan clarkson & julius-randle for cavs iman shumpert & another player & 1st rd pick . shumpert have 1 year 10m left next season . clarkson have 2 years left.


tristan thompson & two 2nd round/future picks maybe derrick-favors or tyson-chandler

joe johnson and tony allen will be free soon. cavs should go hard for tony allen always give warriors a hard time in memphis
NYG
Veteran
Posts: 2,738
And1: 407
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#765 » by NYG » Wed Apr 4, 2018 1:47 pm

If LeBron were to leave either way, would the Cavaliers consider trading him for a useless player on a basically expiring contract ($11 Million in 2018-19 and $3 Million guaranteed in 2019-20) and Justise Winslow?
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 30,500
And1: 16,641
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#766 » by jbk1234 » Sun Apr 8, 2018 6:24 am

NYG wrote:If LeBron were to leave either way, would the Cavaliers consider trading him for a useless player on a basically expiring contract ($11 Million in 2018-19 and $3 Million guaranteed in 2019-20) and Justise Winslow?


I wouldn't. I don't think Winslow is that good and he's only got one year left on his rookie contract. Cavs have a decision to make on Hood this summer and Nance the summer after that. They've got to get, and then stay out, of the luxury tax for two years in a row.
Image
User avatar
theman
RealGM
Posts: 11,814
And1: 628
Joined: May 23, 2001

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#767 » by theman » Wed May 16, 2018 3:11 pm

Stillwater wrote:we just turned Frye Rose IT3 Crowder and our protected 1st into
Hill,Nance,Hood and Clarkson. seems like we got better too me.


Do you still think that?

IT could be providing some scoring and Crowder could shut down Brown.

Nance, Hood and Clarkson combined for 22 minutes and 2 points in Game #2.
"I mean too much to society." - lebron james
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 30,500
And1: 16,641
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#768 » by jbk1234 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:46 pm

theman wrote:
Stillwater wrote:we just turned Frye Rose IT3 Crowder and our protected 1st into
Hill,Nance,Hood and Clarkson. seems like we got better too me.


Do you still think that?

IT could be providing some scoring and Crowder could shut down Brown.

Nance, Hood and Clarkson combined for 22 minutes and 2 points in Game #2.


IT would be recovering from surgery because he didn't have it have it last summer when he should have. Calderon would be our starting PG and we probably would've lost in the first round.

Crowder isn't capable of shutting down Brown. He doesn't have the lateral quickness. Maybe he could guard Morris. He's a replacement-level SF on a team-friendly deal. His defense, at SF, is slightly better than average and his offensive limitations eventually catch up with his team in the post season.
Image
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 12,309
And1: 2,190
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#769 » by babyjax13 » Sat May 19, 2018 5:38 am

Cleveland trades: 8, JR Smith, Kyle Korver, Ante Zizic
LA Clippers trade: 13, DeAndre Jordan

Cleveland adds the player LeBron wants while keeping a lottery pick. The Clippers move up in the draft for a player they might lose long term and also add a young center and veteran shooter. Smith is basically an expiring.
JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
User avatar
Stillwater
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,384
And1: 1,130
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#770 » by Stillwater » Sat May 19, 2018 4:33 pm

babyjax13 wrote:Cleveland trades: 8, JR Smith, Kyle Korver, Ante Zizic
LA Clippers trade: 13, DeAndre Jordan

Cleveland adds the player LeBron wants while keeping a lottery pick. The Clippers move up in the draft for a player they might lose long term and also add a young center and veteran shooter. Smith is basically an expiring.

Without Thompson outgoing,can't imagine this org bringing in another big unless it's on a rookie scale.
The value is decent though,so who knows if they had a taker for Thompson in another deal, but I don't think it moves the needle enough given DJ although valuable would be a rental and didn't look as solid without CP3.
Without Thompson outgoing we might give up the 8 for 12 and 13.
"If a bullet’s going to get you, it’s already been fired” Sgt. Shroom
Celtics>Cavs in the regular season :lol:
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 30,500
And1: 16,641
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#771 » by jbk1234 » Sat May 19, 2018 8:38 pm

babyjax13 wrote:Cleveland trades: 8, JR Smith, Kyle Korver, Ante Zizic
LA Clippers trade: 13, DeAndre Jordan

Cleveland adds the player LeBron wants while keeping a lottery pick. The Clippers move up in the draft for a player they might lose long term and also add a young center and veteran shooter. Smith is basically an expiring.


Without TT going out the Cavs just have no incentive to do this deal. That's assuming LBJ stays and Jordan opts in.
Image
User avatar
Trailbreaker
Sophomore
Posts: 173
And1: 48
Joined: Jul 29, 2014
         

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#772 » by Trailbreaker » Tue Jun 5, 2018 2:28 am

Would Charlotte still be willing to trade Kemba Walker to us?
“If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right.”
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 30,500
And1: 16,641
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#773 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jun 5, 2018 6:18 am

Trailbreaker wrote:Would Charlotte still be willing to trade Kemba Walker to us?


Probably for No. 8. But I'm not entirely sure that Kemba would move the needle against GS.
Image
User avatar
OGLife
Veteran
Posts: 2,625
And1: 6,144
Joined: Jan 29, 2015
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#774 » by OGLife » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:03 pm

Clippers trade:

13th Pick
Patrick Beverly
Wesley Johnson
Boban Marjanovic
Danilo Gallinari

Cavaliers trade:

8th Pick
2019 draft pick
JR Smith
Jordan Clarkson
Larry Nance
George Hill

Clippers draft Collin Sexton
Cavaliers draft Trae Young
Cavaliers sign Paul George to 1 year deal

Cavs roster:

Beverly/Young
George/Krover
James/Johnson/Osman
Love/Gallinari
Thompson/Marjanovic/Zizic
Clippers:

Sexton/Hill/Milos
Lou/Clarkson
Smith/Thronwell
Harris/Draft/Dekker
Nance/FA

Smith can be traded to a contender at the deadline or the following offseason and it really gives the Cavs the missing pieces (switch defenders and 3pt shooting)
User avatar
Stillwater
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,384
And1: 1,130
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#775 » by Stillwater » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:12 pm

OGLife wrote:Clippers trade:

13th Pick
Patrick Beverly
Wesley Johnson
Boban Marjanovic
Danilo Gallinari

Cavaliers trade:

8th Pick
2019 draft pick
JR Smith
Jordan Clarkson
Larry Nance
George Hill

Clippers draft Collin Sexton
Cavaliers draft Trae Young
Cavaliers sign Paul George to 1 year deal

Cavs roster:

Beverly/Young
George/Krover
James/Johnson/Osman
Love/Gallinari
Thompson/Marjanovic/Zizic
Clippers:

Sexton/Hill/Milos
Lou/Clarkson
Smith/Thronwell
Harris/Draft/Dekker
Nance/FA

Smith can be traded to a contender at the deadline or the following offseason and it really gives the Cavs the missing pieces (switch defenders and 3pt shooting)


PG13 aint coming to CLE, and I do n't see CLE being interested in that package, not to mention ATL owns rights to the Cavs 2019 pick
"If a bullet’s going to get you, it’s already been fired” Sgt. Shroom
Celtics>Cavs in the regular season :lol:
User avatar
Stillwater
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,384
And1: 1,130
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#776 » by Stillwater » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:33 pm

Ludicrous incredibly unlikely to happen but fair and reasonable value swap draft day trade ideas in sequence
Cavs trade Love & Korver & 2021 1st lottery protected to Memphis for the 4th & 32nd for taking back the injured Parsons albatross and Green.
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7064310
Then the Cavs flip the 4th TT and Osman to SA for Kawhi Leonard
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7064307
Then the Cavs trade Clarkson and the 8th to the Hornets for Kemba Walker and the 11th
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7064315
Then the Cavs trade Hill and Zizic to the Bucks for Henson and Delly.
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7064325
Cavs use the 11th to draft the BPA
new line up
BPA at 11 and 32
Kemba, Delly
Hood( if kept),Smith ( buyout candidate)
Leonard,James,Parsons
James,Leonard, JaMychal Green,Jeff Green
Nance, Henson,White(if retained)
rest of roster filled with 2 ring chasers
and 2 rookies
"If a bullet’s going to get you, it’s already been fired” Sgt. Shroom
Celtics>Cavs in the regular season :lol:
CaptainCanada
Junior
Posts: 388
And1: 249
Joined: Jun 10, 2016

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#777 » by CaptainCanada » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:48 pm

Stillwater wrote:Ludicrous incredibly unlikely to happen but fair and reasonable value swap draft day trade ideas in sequence
Cavs trade Love & Korver & 2021 1st lottery protected to Memphis for the 4th & 32nd for taking back the injured Parsons albatross and Green.
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7064310
Then the Cavs flip the 4th TT and Osman to SA for Kawhi Leonard
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7064307
Then the Cavs trade Clarkson and the 8th to the Hornets for Kemba Walker and the 11th
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7064315
Then the Cavs trade Hill and Zizic to the Bucks for Henson and Delly.
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7064325
Cavs use the 11th to draft the BPA
new line up
BPA at 11 and 32
Kemba, Delly
Hood( if kept),Smith ( buyout candidate)
Leonard,James,Parsons
James,Leonard, JaMychal Green,Jeff Green
Nance, Henson,White(if retained)
rest of roster filled with 2 ring chasers
and 2 rookies



Interesting, but i dont think San Antonio would want TT. I'm Canadian, and even i think he is overpaid. But then again, I'm not an nba GM. (I might be Colangelo's wife though ;)
User avatar
Stillwater
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,384
And1: 1,130
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#778 » by Stillwater » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:17 am

CaptainCanada wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Ludicrous incredibly unlikely to happen but fair and reasonable value swap draft day trade ideas in sequence
Cavs trade Love & Korver & 2021 1st lottery protected to Memphis for the 4th & 32nd for taking back the injured Parsons albatross and Green.
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7064310
Then the Cavs flip the 4th TT and Osman to SA for Kawhi Leonard
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7064307
Then the Cavs trade Clarkson and the 8th to the Hornets for Kemba Walker and the 11th
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7064315
Then the Cavs trade Hill and Zizic to the Bucks for Henson and Delly.
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7064325
Cavs use the 11th to draft the BPA
new line up
BPA at 11 and 32
Kemba, Delly
Hood( if kept),Smith ( buyout candidate)
Leonard,James,Parsons
James,Leonard, JaMychal Green,Jeff Green
Nance, Henson,White(if retained)
rest of roster filled with 2 ring chasers
and 2 rookies



Interesting, but i dont think San Antonio would want TT. I'm Canadian, and even i think he is overpaid. But then again, I'm not an nba GM. (I might be Colangelo's wife though ;)

probably a stretch I know, but the 4th pick and a 5 that can defend the perimeter + a young stud wing is a fair deal, although maybe not the best they would get in player return, hence the 4th pick for a player that wants out...assuming he wants out is pretty solid.
"If a bullet’s going to get you, it’s already been fired” Sgt. Shroom
Celtics>Cavs in the regular season :lol:
phraoh
Rookie
Posts: 1,062
And1: 377
Joined: Jul 05, 2007

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#779 » by phraoh » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:57 am

San Antonio would probably take Hill instead of TT, as he is 19 mill upcoming year, but only 1 mill guaranteed the following year. Plus their pg's are weak.
User avatar
Stillwater
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,384
And1: 1,130
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#780 » by Stillwater » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:10 pm

phraoh wrote:San Antonio would probably take Hill instead of TT, as he is 19 mill upcoming year, but only 1 mill guaranteed the following year. Plus their pg's are weak.

Yeah Hill isn't getting moved until after the deal with Charlotte for Kemba is made in this sequence of trades.
The sequence is necessary to justify each move.
getting the 4th for Love is the point of deal 1
then if deal 2 is denied you have the 4th and 8th picks.
if deal 2 is approved only with Hill and the 4th instead of the 4th w/ Thompson ,Cedi who would both be players filling needs on that SA roster , then you have less leverage in a deal for Walker given you need a pg etc.
Like I said these are pretty unlikely deals but each one only happens if the other did before it.
Which is why the 1st one is first.
"If a bullet’s going to get you, it’s already been fired” Sgt. Shroom
Celtics>Cavs in the regular season :lol:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers