ImageImageImage

Game 45: Cleveland Cavaliers (12-32) vs. Washington Wizards (14-29) - 7:00 PM ET

Moderator: ijspeelman

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Game 45: Cleveland Cavaliers (12-32) vs. Washington Wizards (14-29) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:56 pm

Read on Twitter
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Game 45: Cleveland Cavaliers (12-32) vs. Washington Wizards (14-29) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by Stillwater » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:25 am

Sexton looked good .
And the tank rolls on
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Re: Game 45: Cleveland Cavaliers (12-32) vs. Washington Wizards (14-29) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:38 am

I stopped watching this game. It's getting harder and harder to watch this team.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,386

Post#4 » by JonFromVA » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:49 pm

We were a 4 cylinder car before we traded Clarkson, now we're a 3 cylinder car with 2 misfiring.

Love isn't making shots, and Garland is abusing the front of rims around the country with short shots.

I'm not going to say DG looks spent at this point, but he's now played in 45 games or 9x what he did last year and probably double whatever he'd done in the past; and he wasn't in shape to start.

Sometimes it just takes an extended break to get your second wind - so - let's see if this continues up to the All Star break, then what happens after. Hopefully the Cavs trainers are tracking the situation because if he's physically worn down rather than just a little dead legged - they should shut him down to avoid injury.

Collin, otoh, is nothing if not filled with boundless energy and has put together a nice stretch - even dished out 4+ assists in 4 of the past 6 games. He's shooting 48.2% on his 3pters in January and you can see his confidence rising. It's probably not a coincidence that his assists are going up as he's become a threat with his 3pter again - that and playing 4 bad teams out of the 6.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Post#5 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:53 pm

JonFromVA wrote:We were a 4 cylinder car before we traded Clarkson, now we're a 3 cylinder car with 2 misfiring.

Love isn't making shots, and Garland is abusing the front of rims around the country with short shots.

I'm not going to say DG looks spent at this point, but he's now played in 45 games or 9x what he did last year and probably double whatever he'd done in the past; and he wasn't in shape to start.

Sometimes it just takes an extended break to get your second wind - so - let's see if this continues up to the All Star break, then what happens after. Hopefully the Cavs trainers are tracking the situation because if he's physically worn down rather than just a little dead legged - they should shut him down to avoid injury.

Collin, otoh, is nothing if not filled with boundless energy and has put together a nice stretch - even dished out 4+ assists in 4 of the past 6 games. He's shooting 48.2% on his 3pters in January and you can see his confidence rising. It's probably not a coincidence that his assists are going up as he's become a threat with his 3pter again - that and playing 4 bad teams out of the 6.

Love was 8/19 for 21 which while not good isn't exactly a brick fest either. It seems like malaise has set in for that starting unit in general (I agree re: Sexton's energy though). Hopefully we get something done at the trade deadline. I don't think the pieces fit together and it seems like the players have grown tired of trying to make the current starting line up work.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,386

Post#6 » by JonFromVA » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:58 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:We were a 4 cylinder car before we traded Clarkson, now we're a 3 cylinder car with 2 misfiring.

Love was 8/19 for 21 which while not good isn't exactly a brick fest either. It seems like malaise has set in for that starting unit in general (I agree re: Sexton's energy though). Hopefully we get something done at the trade deadline. I don't think the pieces fit together and it seems like the players have grown tired of trying to make the current starting line up work.

The Cavs stink on defense, so, it's pretty much impossible for them to win games unless multiple players have really good offensive games.

That Beilein won't even tinker with the starting unit means the organization is committed to playing this group no matter what. Given how bad they've been analytically, I've been thinking "tanking".

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers